Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

10 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Has this thread actually gone "hot" due to a tweet from indykaila news?

Yes, have officially lost the plot transfer window 

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

Rudkin is director of football. His job has got absolutely nothing to do with filing out the dross, it's about negotiating the transfers and contracts.

Congerton leads the recruitment team who select targets.

Anyone who believes one man can take full control of transfers is talking absolute b*llocks because it is a mammoth task that requires lots of voices. Does the manager want more veto power or an ability to suggest targets? Possibly. But there is no way a modern manager can do his job and recruit players at the same time.

Sure I read somewhere that we still follow the processes laid down by Steve Walsh, not some dreamt up totalitarian transfer policy 

I was worried that  Vardy Madders or Ndidi were going to be out long term so this non -event of a twitter headline is a relief.Rodgers was frustrated by the lack of quality yesterday so how easily can you make a backstory out of this. 

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but I actually don’t want Brendan or Congerton ‘fully in charge of transfers’. Rudkin, as much of a joke he’s become on here, has been around the longest and has the most history in seeing how we operate. Would bet he could file out the dross more so than Congerton who has been shit at nearly every club he’s been at. 

... there maybe a possibility (should this rumour be true)  that the owners are not prepared to back Rodgers regarding the way the season petered out!!!

I would think that Rudkin would be taking instructions from above and not a unilateral decision. I believe there are funds available but not sufficient to match what Rodgers thinks is required.

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sure I read somewhere that we still follow the processes laid down by Steve Walsh, not some dreamt up totalitarian transfer policy 

Exactly, don't know why anyone feels the need to attribute signings to individuals. Even if Puel recommended Ricardo (good) or Ghezzal (bad), they were still subject to the same scrutiny by recruitment experts and scouts at the club as any other signing. It's the same with a 'Rodgers signing' or a 'Ranieri signing', it's just the way transfers work.

If we look down the league, there are hardly any transfers done that are not:

- free transfers (Willian, Lallana, Hart)

- players that wanted out and their clubs let them go (Hojbjerg)

- players from relegated sides (Ramsdale, Ake)

- players from sides in financial trouble (Torres/Rodrigo at Valencia)

- loans made permanent

We still have 5 busy weeks left.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nnfox said:

If there is a shred of truth in this, it will be Brendan getting his excuses lined up for when we are in the bottom 6 in November and he gets shown the door.

Wouldn't really be a bad excuse. I think its pretty clear the match day squad needs improvement.

If there is truth then I'm behind BR. There are lots of variables in our club from scouting to signing contracts. The problem thats bothering me is that out of our PL team position we are seriously slow compared to most at recruitment (another topic as I generally agree with how we financially run the club). However, BR must have had assurances on both occasions he signed and re signed that he would have the funds to move the club onwards. This window is very condensed as opposed to normal and I feel that if the club haven't adapted that model to suit this and hence get the cash available quicker, then we are up shit creek. 

Something is clearly wrong and I'm not pointing the finger, but people in John Rudkins position and over time can get controlling in the manner in which they work and if this is the case or anything else in the chain from Congerton to actually receiving the cash itself for tranfers then thats basically negligence as a fan to me. It shouldn't be hard to be adaptive. 

However, I could be wrong.

• Haha 1

Mangers complaining about lack of transfers funds is nothing new, but there is a coronavirus pandemic that is causing economic problems for football clubs and sport in general.  We have seen Man city pay over the odds for Aké and Chelsea splashing the cash like there is no tomorrow, this is distorting the transfer market for most clubs that don't have sugar daddies.  If the story was true (which I believe it is not) and Rodgers is throwing his toys out of the pram, then he deserves to go somewhere else.  I for one would rather have a solvent football club that spends money wisely and has a plan to grow sustainably.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If we shifted some dead wood out, it would help calm things on here. Personally, I would rather wait a bit longer and see the Club get good value as opposed to making rash signings at ‘Pants Down’ prices.

The Recruitment Team simply must have targets and may be we are being quoted stupid prices? That’s my take on this inactivity.

Have faith....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If we shifted some dead wood out, it would help calm things on here. Personally, I would rather wait a bit longer and see the Club get good value as opposed to making rash signings at ‘Pants Down’ prices.

The Recruitment Team simply must have targets and may be we are being quoted stupid prices? That’s my take on this inactivity.

Have faith....

We’ve seen it in the past where prices can inflate later on E.g Slimani 

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

We’ve seen it in the past where prices can inflate later on E.g Slimani 

I think the desperation factor will switch to the sellers due to COVID.  All teams bar ManC, Manure, Chelski and Liverpool have lack of revenue issues.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think the desperation factor will switch to the sellers due to COVID.  All teams bar ManC, Manure, Chelski and Liverpool have lack of revenue issues.

Clubs could see us desperate And put the prices up for that reason also 

• Like 1