Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

14 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I know we were in for Gelhardt and I wonder if he would've got a loan or perhaps more likely whether he would've flirted between seniors and U23s similar to Kapustka in his first season. I think you're probably onto something there if they can find a gem somewhere.

Oliver Jurgens from Verona?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Biggest priority is a centre back now unless benkovic is good enough now

We've had Benkovic for 2 seasons now and it's time to try him out, there will be no better time than the first 3 games. If we're not going to use him now then we'd be better off to just get rid, but seems a shame to have never tried him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

An 18/19 year old striker who is happy with 5-10 appearances this season is probably the ideal purchase up front as they can challenge for a spot and cover any injuries. If we go 3-4-1-2 then they will have even more of an opportunity. 

Its either a very good winger and a youth striker, or we go for a striker who excels playing in a front 2.

The Arsenal academy striker who wants out Folarin Bolagun could be worth looking at.

What about Hirst?

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

What if Vardy, Iheanacho and Perez get injured at the same time? Better sign another striker. But they might get injured, as well. Better make it two.

What if Perreira, Justin, Amartey and Castagne get Injured at the same time? Sign a right back.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Got a feeling this could be our 'ploy' so to speak. Not be hard-balled in to paying over the odds and then pay less later in to the window. Risky, though.

Definitely. I think we could be quite busy on deadline day...

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Got a feeling this could be our 'ploy' so to speak. Not be hard-balled in to paying over the odds and then pay less later in to the window. Risky, though.

Especially when you look at say Norwich who’ve strengthened/replaced players they still have on the books... I’m sure I read they currently have 31 first teamers on the books so the closer it gets to the window closing you’d imagine the Buendia’s/Cantwell’s will continue to drop in value

• Like 1

Aaron Connolly from Brighton would be an ideal striker for us, wouldn't expect to start every week and I'd argue has the most similar play style to Vardy in the prem. Of course not as good but still young at 20/21 (I think?)

I'd chuck in a £10m bid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Aaron Connolly from Brighton would be an ideal striker for us, wouldn't expect to start every week and I'd argue has the most similar play style to Vardy in the prem. Of course not as good but still young at 20/21 (I think?)

I'd chuck in a £10m bid. 

I'd definitely like us to get him. Looked a real talent whenever I've seen him play.

31 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I'd chuck in a £10m bid. 

Haha £10m, why would they sell?

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Been thinking that way for a while - whilst that will frustrate and could elicit a slowish start of the season, the bigger picture is more relevant than ever this year ......

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha £10m, why would they sell?

I'd fully expect it to be rejected tbf, but might ruffle a few feathers. 

I can't fathom why they sold Mooy either, and West Ham selling Diangana shows good value can be had even on younger players. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I'd fully expect it to be rejected tbf, but might ruffle a few feathers. 

I can't fathom why they sold Mooy either, and West Ham selling Diangana shows good value can be had even on younger players. 

Suppose its not out of the realms of possibility!

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

We need 2 good wingers and a striker and a CB before the season starts.

I like barnes I do but realistically I don't think he's there yet and won't be for 2 or 3 seasons 

2 wingers abd a cb

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

We need 2 good wingers and a striker and a CB before the season starts.

I like barnes I do but realistically I don't think he's there yet and won't be for 2 or 3 seasons 

I will keep banging this drum, but once again there is unlikely to be room for two signings in the front three, never mind three. It's a 25 man squad and there is probably not going to be any interest in Gray or Iheanacho, which leaves us with 6 players for three positions already. I can see them having 7 but not 8.

Anyone expecting two wingers is kidding themselves. I would say the only chance they get a second winger OR a striker (certainly won't get both) is if someone takes Gray, and even then I'm not sure they're keen on selling him given how much he's played in pre-season over Albrighton.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I will keep banging this drum, but once again there is unlikely to be room for two signings in the front three, never mind three. It's a 25 man squad and there is probably not going to be any interest in Gray or Iheanacho, which leaves us with 6 players for three positions already. I can see them having 7 but not 8.

Anyone expecting two wingers is kidding themselves. I would say the only chance they get a second winger OR a striker (certainly won't get both) is if someone takes Gray, and even then I'm not sure they're keen on selling him given how much he's played in pre-season over Albrighton.

Well the owners must only accept a bottom 10 finish because im telling you now the way Rodgers sets up this team we will be fighting relegation next season as has showed since december of last year

Edited by Fox85
  • Haha 2