Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

6 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Ricardo is destined for a regular UCL side. Barcelona, Madrid, Juve, Bayern. 

Literally the only thing Arsenal have to offer is more money but he doesn't strike me as someone to say "cheers Madrid but some London club are offering £20k more per week"

Lets see what sort of player he is after his knee injury!!!! 

13 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Looks like a winger that tries to take on players with skill and very talented. So we won’t sign him.

& that the Turkish players are similar to English players (minus Greecelish) in that they will fight for every ball, not trip over a daisy & still have the pride of not showing when hurt....ooh man get him in, Cags have a word.
They do have quite a few players in that position, they have also just signed Pedro & Mkhitaryan & Perez from Barcelona adding to the midfield right options...jeez now i think it might be true.

Edited by BKLFox

3 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

& that the Turkish players are similar to English players (minus Greecelish) in that they will fight for every ball, not trip over a daisy & still have the pride of not showing when hurt....ooh man get him in, Cags have a word.
They do have quite a few players in that position, they have also just signed Pedro & Mkhitaryan adding to the midfield options...jeez now i think it might be true.

Yep they need the money too atm. But Yh since Sean from enderby is on it too it’s most likely a no go.  

Don’t believe it for many reasons, but out of curiosity, anyone know if we have scouted him previously.

Would it help with Soyuncu’s contract renewal I wonder? They are mates I believe  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Isn't he going to napoli? I doubt we could afford him.

Yes, Roma are trying to use him in a deal with Napoli to get Milik from them

I highly doubt they would sell Under to us and then basically ruin any chance of them getting Milik

Edited by moore_94

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don’t believe it for many reasons, but out of curiosity, anyone know if we have scouted him previously.

Would it help with Soyuncu’s contract renewal I wonder? They are mates I believe  :dunno:

Unfortunately no links that i have seen, Everton & West Ham in the past obviously but it looks like Napoli (offered €18m) are after him although not willing to part with more cash & suggesting a player swap with Nikola Maksimovic & we know Roma do need a CB so maybe player + cash?
It does look like he will move thou as out of favour, only played something like 10 games last season & possibly looking for a new start, which like you say where Cags needs to be chatting with him.

I don't think Cags and Ricky are going anywhere anytime soon. These guys are some the most hard working straight up no-nonsense players we have and their bloody good in their positions. Of course they will be linked with anyone and everyone but we ignore that noise for now. I'm sure the club recognize their worth and will have plans to keep them plus Rogers doesn't want his squad weakened he wants to strengthen for the new campaign. He has a lot to prove next season most of all not repeating the same mistakes of last season! I was getting antsy about the lack of signings so far but our club is super hush when it comes to transfers. Now we have Timmy in I think we'll start to see more players being announced. We wait and see...

ps... regarding Ricky we all need to be patient with him post injury - if he hits the ground running great if he looks a little rusty lets give him some space. Unless you've had an ACL reconstruction (I have) its no joke! It's hell of a road back to full fitness and sharpness. We have a fab sports/physio dept. so he's in good hands.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fairly sure I have seen him linked before maybe last summer?

8 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I don't think Cags and Ricky are going anywhere anytime soon. These guys are some the most hard working straight up no-nonsense players we have and their bloody good in their positions. Of course they will be linked with anyone and everyone but we ignore that noise for now. I'm sure the club recognize their worth and will have plans to keep them plus Rogers doesn't want his squad weakened he wants to strengthen for the new campaign. He has a lot to prove next season most of all not repeating the same mistakes of last season! I was getting antsy about the lack of signings so far but our club is super hush when it comes to transfers. Now we have Timmy in I think we'll start to see more players being announced. We wait and see...

ps... regarding Ricky we all need to be patient with him post injury - if he hits the ground running great if he looks a little rusty lets give him some space. Unless you've had an ACL reconstruction (I have) its no joke! It's hell of a road back to full fitness and sharpness. We have a fab sports/physio dept. so he's in good hands.

Weve just sacked our physio.

• Haha 3

We were linked with Hakan Calhanolgu of Milan in the January transfer window:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/calhanoglu-demiral-ac-milan-transfer-3689757

I think he's a player Rodgers likes and was linked with a move to Liverpool when he was there. Personally I'm not that enamoured with him as he's very inconsistent, but say he's available for 20m... I could see it happening. Rather than expecting marquee signings this window, I think we will go for players that add depth to the squad. So players that are internationals, have European experience and probably around 24-26, which coincidentally is exactly what Castagne brings us.

That's of course assuming there's any truth to these rumours, which there most probably aren't! Also Calhanolgu is a right footed winger that usually plays on the left hand side, which also makes it an unlikely signing.

4 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/head-physio-rennie-leaving-leicester-after-two-decades

This article suggests he was the casualty of a revamp/ restructure 

Maybe he was sacked for other performance related issues but unsure if the club would ever publicly come out and say that. 

Brendan probably thought that there were better physios out there and it’s not a job for life gig it’s performance related I’d assume. 

44 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/calhanoglu-demiral-ac-milan-transfer-3689757

I think he's a player Rodgers likes and was linked with a move to Liverpool when he was there. Personally I'm not that enamoured with him as he's very inconsistent, but say he's available for 20m... I could see it happening. Rather than expecting marquee signings this window, I think we will go for players that add depth to the squad. So players that are internationals, have European experience and probably around 24-26, which coincidentally is exactly what Castagne brings us.

That's of course assuming there's any truth to these rumours, which there most probably aren't! Also Calhanolgu is a right footed winger that usually plays on the left hand side, which also makes it an unlikely signing.

Was very good after the restart for Milan but had quite an ordinary few seasons prior to that. 

47 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Was a Congerton/Arnesen signing at Hamburg, we sent a scout there in May 2019 reportedly to watch him. Congerton spoke about him in his introductory video at Celtic as being one of his best finds in recruitment.

Had a much better season this term for them and I thought he'd signed a new contract there. Would be good cover for Maddison while offering the potential to play wide.

• Like 1