Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

12 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Well the owners must only accept a bottom 10 finish because im telling you now the way Rodgers sets up this team we will be fighting relegation next season as has showed since december of last year

Doom and gloom is not for me. Gray, Barnes and Perez have all contributed from wide. As for no.9, Iheanacho is statistically one of the best no.2 strikers in the league in terms of goals/minute, and unless we go 3-5-2 (looks highly unlikely) a third player will be starved of minutes so how do you convince them to sign, and why bother spending limited money on that player?

Fuchs and Maddison are back in training. We have 8 players on international duty to come back too. It's a good squad with quality in the starting XI and some solid depth. Three more signings - a CB to take pressure off Evans and Söyüncü; a right winger; and another creative forward influence of some kind (attacking midfield most likely) would be a good summer and would leave us with a great squad to compete on four fronts.

Yes, if I was playing FIFA career mode I'd probably bin Fuchs and Morgan off, sign another £30m prospect CB as fourth choice, sell Iheanacho and sign a wonderkid striker, sell Albrighton and buy three wingers. But the reality is that your core of 14-16 quality players will play 80-90% of the minutes on offer anyway, and you can't convince players better than Albrighton, Gray, Morgan, Fuchs, Mendy, Jakupovic etc. to sign when they won't even get on the bench most weeks. 

We're going to have a good season, this is our best squad in our history.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

We need 2 good wingers and a striker and a CB before the season starts.

I like barnes I do but realistically I don't think he's there yet and won't be for 2 or 3 seasons 

6 goals 8 assists, 6 goals 8 assists (6 legs, 8 legs). For all Barnes criticism he is already posting decent numbers and I'd expect him to improve. Been anonymous since March though, needs some magical intervention, where's Rodgers supposed midas touch?

• Like 1

I think we only get another winger if we sell Gray and/or Albrighton. I don't think Rodgers wants anymore surplus players so we need to make room for new signings. Gray could be use as a bargaining tool to some clubs. Got nothing but love for Albrighton but we can't be loyal to players in the main area of the pitch where we need improvements. Can maybe keep him if Gray goes. We have room for one, maybe two inconsistent wingers, not 4 of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/09/05/wolves-break-transfer-record-35million-signing-teenager-fabio/

Football Manager legend. Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Wolves... a lot of money for an 18yo. 

That's ludicrous that they've gone and done that. Don't get me wrong he's supposed to be a very good prospect at that age group but 35 million, that's crazy. The lad has only ever scored one league goal. I feel like this will end up like their Patrick Cutrone deal last year, just far too soon for him.

8 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

The club have been pretty good for years now at knowing how to freshen things up. Now more than ever are they crying out for some genuine talent out wide, as was last season and we dont appear interested or able to? Let's not slip in to mid table mediocrity City.

30 days left in the window. 'Don't appear interested' is a bit like saying we didn't appear interested in replacing Chilwell because we were briefly linked to Tagliafico in the bottom of a Guardian article and that was it. Lo and behold on Monday morning, out of nowhere, a deal is all but done for Castagne.

There is money, there is time, they will sign a winger no doubt.

18 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think we only get another winger if we sell Gray and/or Albrighton. I don't think Rodgers wants anymore surplus players so we need to make room for new signings. Gray could be use as a bargaining tool to some clubs. Got nothing but love for Albrighton but we can't be loyal to players in the main area of the pitch where we need improvements. Can maybe keep him if Gray goes. We have room for one, maybe two inconsistent wingers, not 4 of them. 

Rodgers said at the end of the season we need more creativity and goals from the attacking areas, we will be getting a new winger.

I think Barnes and Gray should have an impact sub role next season and Albrighton should be used for the League cup and general cover. 

I'd go as far to say we need at least 2 new wingers, in a perfect world 3. One needs to be versatile able to go outside or cutback in and one needs to be to do what Mahrez did. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

I think Barnes and Gray should have an impact sub role next season and Albrighton should be used for the League cup and general cover. 

I'd go as far to say we need at least 2 new wingers, in a perfect world 3. One needs to be versatile able to go outside or cutback in and one needs to be to do what Mahrez did. 

You don't ask for much do you? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He's only costs that much because Mendes represents him. 

His release clause was €125 million to be fair, so he's clearly highly rated.

I think we might see this happening with the current situation: young talents being sold to fuel the club earlier than normal for fees smaller than they might have wanted.

Hopefully we can capitalise, like with Jurgens.

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/09/05/wolves-break-transfer-record-35million-signing-teenager-fabio/

Football Manager legend. Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Wolves... a lot of money for an 18yo. 

Wow wonder who his agent is? We can dream of signings like this. We try but they don't come. 

22 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

His release clause was €125 million to be fair, so he's clearly highly rated.

I think we might see this happening with the current situation: young talents being sold to fuel the club earlier than normal for fees smaller than they might have wanted.

Hopefully we can capitalise, like with Jurgens.

He'd made 1 league start for them, I think this is a huge gamble from them. However, they do pluck unproven players like Neto and Vinagre out and they tend to make quite a quick impact.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it's just the horrifying realisation that nearly 3 seasons on from when we first saw a decline to his game, we have rhe very real possibility of him being first choice once again. It's like a zombie apocalypse.

Marc’s an honest hard working player! Honest hard working players belong at Rotherham United. We need to buy desperately out wide 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it does look somewhat ,confrontational!!!

More likely Rodgers is asking Rudkin to repeat something he failed to hear correctly.

More like Rudkin is asking “what are we paying you 10M a year for?” And Rodgers replies “you what!!? lol 

Edited by chapero82
  • Haha 2

We are becoming the new Arsenal, for about 5 seasons they needed defenders and continued to buy wingers and number 10.

For around 2 season we have needed wide attackers and still haven’t brought one, every LCFC Fan can see it. But the club seems blind to it! 

Edited by coolhandfox
typo
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We are becoming the new Arsenal, for about 5 seasons they need defenders and continued to buy wingers and number 10.

For around 2 season we have needed wide attackers and still haven’t brought one, every LCFC Fan can see it. But the club seems blind to it! 

We have bought them: ghezzal, diabate, perez, theyre just not very good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We are becoming the new Arsenal, for about 5 seasons they need defenders and continued to buy wingers and number 10.

Even Some of our fans have  become as self entitled as Arsenal’s . And that’s  not a dig at you 

• Like 2