Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

I liked this snippet from a BBC news story about numerous injuries to the Dancing on Ice contestants resulting in the show being cut short by a week 

On top of the celebrity withdrawals, professional skater Hamish Gaman, who partnered soap actress Faye Brookes, dropped out last week after injuring a finger while putting on a sock.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I think they are just going to make one going forward. So its not been well reported really. Both Potatoes are becoming one, both are becoming gender neutral.

That's going to be an interesting merger job. Will they keep the moustache and bowler or the flower hat, handbag and lipstick?

Or just compromise with moustache, lipstick, handbag and bowler? :whistle:

image.jpeg.2e3d272adb73410c346f1a6b0b26a668.jpeg

Mr. Potato Head Toy Story 3 - Classic Mrs. Potato Head with extras mermaid  | #1907803719

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56209007

I've had a keen interest in Human Rights Law since University so I find cases like this fascinating to follow, from a legal point of view.

Clearly I do not condone what she did, and I would argue that she was of course of an age to understand at least some of the consequences to her actions, but I do however find it worrying that she can be made stateless like this and the implications of that decision. She is, or at least was, British. People have done far worse, or least similar, and not lost their citizenship as a result. That being said the fact she' turned her back' on the UK by fleeing/departing to joint a despicable organisation in the first place does perhaps make this example different from others.  

It's very much a 'what if', and it's also an extra large can of worms to open, but I do think the arguments of whether or not the public perception would have differed if she had a different background have some substance to them. There is no just and moral resolution, but it's interesting (and just god awful) nonetheless.  

Edited by David Guiza
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Buce said:

Personally, I feel she was groomed and should be treated like any other victim of grooming.

Using her age as a measure of 'responsibility' sets an ugly precedent. Are we going to start attaching some blame to other similarly aged abuse victims?

Vivtim of grooming?! Of her own free will she fled the country to join ISIS.

She is not a victim of abuse, she has simply changed her mind and now wants back here.

At last a court has ruled with common sense, and even better news thanks to Brexit she can't appeal to Brussels.  Double victory.

Out of interst what would your plan be for her, welcome home, full benefit packages and a regular Friday afternoon spot at Speakers Corner to spread her hate?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56209007

I've had a keen interest in Human Rights Law since University so I find cases like this fascinating to follow, from a legal point of view.

Clearly I do not condone what she did, and I would argue that she was of course of an age to understand at least some of the consequences to her actions, but I do however find it worrying that she can be made stateless like this and the implications of that decision. She is, or at least was, British. People have done far worse, or least similar, and not lost their citizenship as a result. That being said the fact she' turned her back' on the UK by fleeing/departing to joint a despicable organisation in the first place does perhaps make this example different from others.  

It's very much a 'what if', and it's also an extra large can of worms to open, but I do think the arguments of whether or not the public perception would have differed if she had a different background have some substance to them. There is no just and moral resolution, but it's interesting (and just god awful) nonetheless.  

Personally my only gripe is every cvnt that went over there to fight or lay with these animals haven't been treated the exact same way and left to rot in a cesspit for the remainder of their hopefully short lives. Hopefully the Syrians can put her to work rebuilding the country she's helped ruin.

If she'd have got blown up like those other 2 twats that went with her, or the others who have been blown up or shot dead by us or our allies or even some of our "enemies" then no one would give a monkeys. No idea why anyone cares just because she managed, by dumb luck, to survive.

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Personally my only gripe is every cvnt that went over there to fight or lay with these animals haven't been treated the exact same way and left to rot in a cesspit for the remainder of their hopefully short lives. Hopefully the Syrians can put her to work rebuilding the country she's helped ruin.

If she'd have got blown up like those other 2 twats that went with her, or the others who have been blown up or shot dead by us or our allies or even some of our "enemies" then no one would give a monkeys. No idea why anyone cares just because she managed, by dumb luck, to survive.

But there is the issue of the UK just washing its hands of something that it should take responsibility for rather than just leave somewhere else burdened with her. It never seemed to be as high profile, but it’s the same with Jack Letts. And it’s always rankled with me that we were quite happy to throw her child under the bus as well. He died at 3 weeks so never a chance to get him back anyway but actions taken show we didn’t care anyway, which is sad.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Vivtim of grooming?! Of her own free will she fled the country to join ISIS.

When a fifteen year old child runs away with an older man, she is treated as a victim of grooming, even if she went willingly. How is this different?

30 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Out of interst what would your plan be for her, welcome home, full benefit packages and a regular Friday afternoon spot at Speakers Corner to spread her hate?

No, of course not.

She should be in custody in a deradicalisation programme, and held until she is deemed not a threat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

That's going to be an interesting merger job. Will they keep the moustache and bowler or the flower hat, handbag and lipstick?

Or just compromise with moustache, lipstick, handbag and bowler? :whistle:

image.jpeg.2e3d272adb73410c346f1a6b0b26a668.jpeg

Mr. Potato Head Toy Story 3 - Classic Mrs. Potato Head with extras mermaid  | #1907803719

It’s probably just the box saying Potato Head, and the parts to make whichever you prefer!

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Did nobody else read the actual article?

So no change in terms of Mr & Mrs, just a new generic "Potato Head" brand which encompasses both products.  Presumably there'll be Potato Head kids and grandparents to follow.

Thank.foook.for that 

36 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Did nobody else read the actual article?

So no change in terms of Mr & Mrs, just a new generic "Potato Head" brand which encompasses both products.  Presumably there'll be Potato Head kids and grandparents to follow.

LGBTQ Potato Heads has a nice ring to it

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

But there is the issue of the UK just washing its hands of something that it should take responsibility for rather than just leave somewhere else burdened with her. It never seemed to be as high profile, but it’s the same with Jack Letts. And it’s always rankled with me that we were quite happy to throw her child under the bus as well. He died at 3 weeks so never a chance to get him back anyway but actions taken show we didn’t care anyway, which is sad.

Of course it's an issue, and in all honesty if it was for anything other than terrorism, I'd more than likely be against it. But to me it has to be absolute zero tolerance. We could jump around in circles all day on whether this or that person knew what they were getting into, but I find it hard to believe that anybody could join a group like ISIS not knowing what they were signing up for and again, imo, the UK government should make it clear as day that if you abandon the UK to join foreign terrorist groups, you shouldn't then have the protection of the UK government if it goes to shit. By all means, we should be providing whatever is necessary to the Syrians for keeping her, preferably paying for a length of rope or a few bullets. Putting UK citizens at risk by bringing these people back shouldn't even be an option.

And I agree with you on the child front. A child should never have to pay for the sins of the parent.

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’d heard that the Potatoheads have been in a serious accident and are now in a permanent vegetative state :ph34r:

Whilst the accident was terrible, it has lead to high paying acting roles for the potato heads as CBS announced the remake of hit TV series MASH.