Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

12 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Of course it's an issue, and in all honesty if it was for anything other than terrorism, I'd more than likely be against it. But to me it has to be absolute zero tolerance. We could jump around in circles all day on whether this or that person knew what they were getting into, but I find it hard to believe that anybody could join a group like ISIS not knowing what they were signing up for and again, imo, the UK government should make it clear as day that if you abandon the UK to join foreign terrorist groups, you shouldn't then have the protection of the UK government if it goes to shit. By all means, we should be providing whatever is necessary to the Syrians for keeping her, preferably paying for a length of rope or a few bullets. Putting UK citizens at risk by bringing these people back shouldn't even be an option.

And I agree with you on the child front. A child should never have to pay for the sins of the parent.

Brilliant but............. be careful, you will be getting "No platformed" and you vill be investigated vor ze hate crime!

Blimey......

Ex-President Nicolas Sarkozy jailed for corruption: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56237818

"French ex-President Nicolas Sarkozy has been sentenced to three years in jail, two of them suspended, for corruption.

The 66-year-old was found guilty of trying to bribe a magistrate by offering him a prestigious job in return for information about a separate criminal case against Sarkozy".

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Blimey......

Ex-President Nicolas Sarkozy jailed for corruption: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56237818

"French ex-President Nicolas Sarkozy has been sentenced to three years in jail, two of them suspended, for corruption.

The 66-year-old was found guilty of trying to bribe a magistrate by offering him a prestigious job in return for information about a separate criminal case against Sarkozy".

He always did look shifty didn’t he.

The mystery of this story is why in the wide, wide world of sports would any traveller want stay in Pontins in the first place, and be accommodated in chalets that would make their caravans seem like the Palace of Versailles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56246848

Has anyone ever been to Pontins? Granted, it was a few years ago since I went, but the Trip Advisor reviews suggest that it remains a challenging environment for potential holidaymakers. Perhaps nature has reclaimed it during lockdown, it might be for the best

21 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The mystery of this story is why in the wide, wide world of sports would any traveller want stay in Pontins in the first place, and be accommodated in chalets that would make their caravans seem like the Palace of Versailles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56246848

Has anyone ever been to Pontins? Granted, it was a few years ago since I went, but the Trip Advisor reviews suggest that it remains a challenging environment for potential holidaymakers. Perhaps nature has reclaimed it during lockdown, it might be for the best

Used to go to the wall park one when I was a kid and we were poor as balls. Good memories, but more (as I usually always find) to do with the company kept than the destination. 

Went to the Brean sands one after wall park closed. It was alright back in the day tbf, lots of activities for the young ones. Last went about 9 or so years ago though and it had gone to the dogs. No investment at all into it, rotten chalets, empty vending machines, didn't even have chips at the on-site chippy ffs. 

A shame really, I always have at least 1 holiday a year in England with my parents and brothers and the kids and for a cheap option it used to be alright. Nice location near the beach too. 

Last I heard on Brean sands, the other local holiday parks were getting fed up of them giving the rest of them a bad rep, and I can't blame them. There's some really nice ones down there that show if you just invest a little money you can have a decent, affordable, stay in England option, especially with the sort of weather we've been having last couple of years. 

On the actual BBC news story, them being discriminatory against travellers is not only surprising, it's also ludicrous. They used to operate a sort of closed park and you could only enter the site if you had a ticket thing, last time I went anyone off the street could go in. Ironically driving a lot of customers away as it was somewhat nice knowing you could let the kids have a run without the risk of them leaving the site. 

Edited by Innovindil

35 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Used to go to the wall park one when I was a kid and we were poor as balls. Good memories, but more (as I usually always find) to do with the company kept than the destination. 

Went to the Brean sands one after wall park closed. It was alright back in the day tbf, lots of activities for the young ones. Last went about 9 or so years ago though and it had gone to the dogs. No investment at all into it, rotten chalets, empty vending machines, didn't even have chips at the on-site chippy ffs. 

Ha! We may even have been there at exactly the same time! My wife was expecting our first child and we tagged along on their Sun holiday, and somehow fifty quid for 4 people still felt like a rip off.

Like you, I'd been to Pontins as a kid and I remember it being fine, but thirty years later it really wasn't. Your description is bang on - when the ceiling of the main building collapsed in on itself a few years later it was the least surprising news ever.

It's sad though, because it's clearly on its arse, and needs someone with deep pockets to throw some money at it. We've been to other cheap and cheerful holiday parks (Haven springs to mind) and they've been good fun so it's not like it's impossible

20 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Ha! We may even have been there at exactly the same time! My wife was expecting our first child and we tagged along on their Sun holiday, and somehow fifty quid for 4 people still felt like a rip off.

Like you, I'd been to Pontins as a kid and I remember it being fine, but thirty years later it really wasn't. Your description is bang on - when the ceiling of the main building collapsed in on itself a few years later it was the least surprising news ever.

It's sad though, because it's clearly on its arse, and needs someone with deep pockets to throw some money at it. We've been to other cheap and cheerful holiday parks (Haven springs to mind) and they've been good fun so it's not like it's impossible

Remember reading about that and just shaking my head in bemusement. Like you say, wasn't surprising at all. 

I sort of hope they turn it around down there. Got family down there we don't see often enough and if we heard it's risen from the ashes we'd go again. Can't risk it as it stands though, just a waste of everyone's time. Don't hold out much hope since the current owners are notorious vampires with a take take take mentality. 

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

The pile on for Meghan when you think about all the other shit the Royal Family could be targeted for is ridiculous 

I'm quite enjoying the royal family and the establishment ripping the monarchy to pieces. There's clearly a smear campaign being run against Harry and Meghan for whatever reason and the majority of people can see it for what it is. I'm unsure whether they are doing it because of her perceived class/social status or race but whatever it is it's totally undeserved. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm quite enjoying the royal family and the establishment ripping the monarchy to pieces. There's clearly a smear campaign being run against Harry and Meghan for whatever reason and the majority of people can see it for what it is. I'm unsure whether they are doing it because of her perceived class/social status or race but whatever it is it's totally undeserved. 

Maybe cause Harry isn't really Charles son and he's James Hewitts son who the royal family doesn't particularly like? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Honestly if you were Harry, why on earth would you want to stay in that position? He lost his mum is the most traumatic of circumstances as a child, he watched her reputation get torn to shreds then watched her get buried. He gets hounded by the press, every relationship scrutinised, every night out scrutinised, every single action scrutinised. Then he meets a woman who for all intents and purposes makes him happy. He watches the same press who vilified his mum, vilify her. Why should he stay? He owes this country nothing, he owes himself everything and he should do whatever makes him happy. These ghouls in the media are sad. And that is not even to mention the subtle, conscious/unconscious racial stereotyping of Meghan.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Honestly if you were Harry, why on earth would you want to stay in that position? He lost his mum is the most traumatic of circumstances as a child, he watched her reputation get torn to shreds then watched her get buried. He gets hounded by the press, every relationship scrutinised, every night out scrutinised, every single action scrutinised. Then he meets a woman who for all intents and purposes makes him happy. He watches the same press who vilified his mum, vilify her. Why should he stay? He owes this country nothing, he owes himself everything and he should do whatever makes him happy. These ghouls in the media are sad. And that is not even to mention the subtle, conscious/unconscious racial stereotyping of Meghan.   

Exactly. All that's has happened is that a guy has fallen in love with an American girl. They've not enjoyed their life in the UK so they have moved to her area to make her feel comfortable. If anyone else in the world (apart from William) had done this no one would even look twice but those two are treated with such contempt for daring to fall in love with each other it's just disgusting,

Edited by peach0000
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Am I missing something?

Who the hell saw that and thought it looks like Hitler? :blink:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56266514

_117346142_hitler.png

Edit...I get the kettle, that does look like him, but the Amazon one? Never.

Kettle-that-looks-like-Hitler.jpg

The “smile” still looks a bit penisie to me

Edited by WigstonWanderer

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

Maybe cause Harry isn't really Charles son and he's James Hewitts son who the royal family doesn't particularly like? 

The older he gets the more obvious it looks.I think when the queen leaves this earth,there will be a five year stint of respectful mourning.Where Charles will finally be king.Then the truth will be carefully revealed.Charles will step down with dignity,though to the relief of the general public and establishment.Followed by Wills and Kate taking the wheel.I’d imagine the power’s that be will want them in ASAP as they are royalty gold.In the meanwhile if I was Meghan I’d avoid cliff edges and tunnels.

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

He is a sick cvnt for what he did over here. They should throw away the jail keys as he should never see freedom.

Shouldn't have even taken anywhere near this long to decide this.

I'm certainly understanding of mental illness, but this was planned and carried out with a "purpose". 

I really think people like this should be put in general population in prison and see how well he fares there. But of course, he'll be protected and spend his time in isolation, where he can write a book about himself.