Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

I only believe news items from credible sources ...   and here is one ...  hasn't poor Meggers suffered enough !! ...   however, if she owns this ..  and shares it !! ..  then maybe we can move on ...   

IMG_5881.jpg

28 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

You're presumably convinced that this is the same woman, so I'm curious to know why?

Do other photos/sources confirm this or is Papa Luv off Twitter known to be an exceptionally credible journalistic source?

I've no idea whether "this is the terrified Patsy", though I'm not naive and know that protests attract all sorts of professional agitators and unhinged ranters and trouble-seekers, as well as the majority who are there in good faith. Though, we also only see a clip here, not whatever, if anything, provoked the rant in the clip.

The woman in your clip doesn't even turn to face the camera and is wearing a mask, so it's hard to tell. She has reddish hair but the Patsy in the viral photo and subsequent media interviews seemed to have darker, longer, more crimped hair.

This woman seems to have straighter, thinner hair, possibly in a ponytail - though that might have come loose in the struggle. Both women have black coats and black masks, though that's hardly uncommon.

Just seeking to ensure we uphold professional journalistic standards on this forum.... ;)

I'm pretty sure it's widely accepted amongst news outlets that it isn't her, hence why it's had next to no pickup.

But hey, let's not piss all over a good old right-wing Twitter conspiracy.

ShE's aN aCtReSs! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

You're presumably convinced that this is the same woman, so I'm curious to know why?

Do other photos/sources confirm this or is Papa Luv off Twitter known to be an exceptionally credible journalistic source?

I've no idea whether "this is the terrified Patsy", though I'm not naive and know that protests attract all sorts of professional agitators and unhinged ranters and trouble-seekers, as well as the majority who are there in good faith. Though, we also only see a clip here, not whatever, if anything, provoked the rant in the clip.

The woman in your clip doesn't even turn to face the camera and is wearing a mask, so it's hard to tell. She has reddish hair but the Patsy in the viral photo and subsequent media interviews seemed to have darker, longer, more crimped hair.

This woman seems to have straighter, thinner hair, possibly in a ponytail - though that might have come loose in the struggle. Both women have black coats and black masks, though that's hardly uncommon.

Just seeking to ensure we uphold professional journalistic standards on this forum.... ;)

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

This is the biggest problem with the internet and social media for me.

Throw up a short clip, zero context and your own narrative and everyone goes nuts about it!

It happens both on the left, right and basically anyone who has a point to prove and it’s ridiculous.

Provoke a reaction, film the reaction, use it as evidence to support your own cause, because people are naive and will believe any story that supports their own bias.

Agree Aus as the media also only used the footage of the 3 women as they were being manhandle away on the bandstand, they don't show the Policeman kneeling by them calmly talking to them & probably saying listen ladies we fully understand why you are here & we all fully stand behind & support you but now that you 3 have started to address the crowd this has caused the crowd to start to come closer & bunch up therefore please can you stop & start to disperse.

16 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I'm pretty sure it's widely accepted amongst news outlets that it isn't her, hence why it's had next to no pickup.

ShE's aN aCtReSs! 

alexjones.gif

On 14/03/2021 at 11:51, RumbleFox said:

I think a major part of the problem is that lots of men can’t help but feel personally attacked when they hear chat like this. The “not all men” brigade. They can’t listen to sentences like “men attack women” without thinking “yeah but I don’t”. In doing this they completely refuse to actually address the issue and become so defensive that their reaction to things like this murder end up so messily tied up with their feelings that someone is having a go at them that they just can’t show any compassion at all. Which really is, when you think about it, so fvcking pathetic. If women are telling us they feel unsafe our job is to listen and not to belittle their experience. With regards to the police actions last night, I honestly can’t see why anyone would want to defend the way they felt with the situation. Completely lacking in common sense and compassion and a completely heavy handed farce. 

Men need to change. I’m a man. I don’t personally attack women but hearing that lots of men do and that even I might sometimes make women feel unsafe makes me fvcking angry. Not because I’m angry that they are attacking me or lumping me in with the kind of men that do attack women. I’m angry that women are being attacked and living in a world in which they often don’t feel safe and I’m fully willing to look at my own behaviour and ask what I can do to help even though on the surface I obviously don’t see myself as “part of the problem”. X 

:appl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

ShE's aN aCtReSs! 

This Patsy Stephenson woman is an interesting case.  She was on breakfast TV yesterday talking about how terrifying ordeal.

With the information she gave yesterday in her interview I would love to know how she keeps a straight face pedaling this rubbish.

Now anyone who has been arrested will know the booking in procedure takes at least half hour.  She was taken to a Police van where they asked her name and address to issue her a ticket.  She no doubt tried to disrupt this process my giving it the whole " I dont have to give you my details " rubbish.  She was then released from the van within 20 minutes.

Did she go to a Police station and spend time in a cell? - No. She was in essence detained for 20 minutes while they gave her a ticket.  No doubt they apologised to her throughout.  Checked she was ok and gave her a drink.

Problem is the truth would be no use to her and her followers.

Truth - I attended a court ruled illegal gathering and refused to move when asked nicely by the Police.  I obstructed them for as long as I could and was then removed with minimum force straight to a Police Van where I was given a ticket.  I was out within 20 minutes and free to tweet about the Pigs locking me up.

Her version - I went to a vigil to lay a flower.  I did not want any trouble at all, just a peaceful show of love.  The nasty ploce locked me up for no reason.  Proper aressted I was, absolutely terrified.  Didnt know when I would see family and friends again.  I was not once offered food (in the whole 20 minutes) nor was I goven a telephone call (in the back of the van).  I thought they might kill me.  Im that shook up I am now calling for more demonstrations ASAP.

Pull the other one.  The fawning interviewers lapping up every word didnt ask her one tough question, just swallowed the lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m guessing that everyone is reassured by Boris’ plan to protect women by putting plainclothes police officers in pubs and nightclubs ? :ph34r:

https://news.sky.com/story/sarah-everard-government-promises-immediate-steps-to-reassure-women-and-girls-in-wake-of-killing-12247200

They could start by getting rid of those poxy led street lights that only seem to light the bit of path beneath them and going back to the older ones.

• Like 1

We are not far from The Orville Season 1 Episode 7 - Majority Rule

Admiral Tucker orders the Orville to investigate the disappearance of two Union anthropologists undercover on a planet akin to 21the century earth. The captain must stand by observing Kelly's small away party, including suitably empathetic doc, Alara -who headdress proves inefficient- and lieutenant John LaMarr, whose childish dance on a statue is considered an utter outrage.
The society has no actual authorities, just a system of voting by the general public on everyone's behavior, and John's is deemed bad enough for tele-voting which may result in 'social correction', a primitive electric brainwashing.

5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Admiral Tucker orders the Orville to investigate the disappearance of two Union anthropologists undercover on a planet akin to 21the century earth. The captain must stand by observing Kelly's small away party, including suitably empathetic doc, Alara -who headdress proves inefficient- and lieutenant John LaMarr, whose childish dance on a statue is considered an utter outrage.
The society has no actual authorities, just a system of voting by the general public on everyone's behavior, and John's is deemed bad enough for tele-voting which may result in 'social correction', a primitive electric brainwashing.

A complete E-Democracy would work just fine if:

- people lived, say, five times longer than they actually do

- the populace actually wanted to get informed and stay informed about scientific (and other) facts.

So perhaps not for a while, then.

On 14/03/2021 at 12:51, RumbleFox said:

I think a major part of the problem is that lots of men can’t help but feel personally attacked when they hear chat like this. The “not all men” brigade. They can’t listen to sentences like “men attack women” without thinking “yeah but I don’t”. In doing this they completely refuse to actually address the issue and become so defensive that their reaction to things like this murder end up so messily tied up with their feelings that someone is having a go at them that they just can’t show any compassion at all. Which really is, when you think about it, so fvcking pathetic. If women are telling us they feel unsafe our job is to listen and not to belittle their experience. With regards to the police actions last night, I honestly can’t see why anyone would want to defend the way they felt with the situation. Completely lacking in common sense and compassion and a completely heavy handed farce. 

Men need to change. I’m a man. I don’t personally attack women but hearing that lots of men do and that even I might sometimes make women feel unsafe makes me fvcking angry. Not because I’m angry that they are attacking me or lumping me in with the kind of men that do attack women. I’m angry that women are being attacked and living in a world in which they often don’t feel safe and I’m fully willing to look at my own behaviour and ask what I can do to help even though on the surface I obviously don’t see myself as “part of the problem”. X 

Yes & No...There is also the quiet & silent...> Few or Majority<  nobody can Really Call it..

I know times, where Leicester/Nottingham Working estate lads, might Wolf-whistle, Drop some caustic-chauvinistisch remarks,be confused with Todays PC- status.

But were Not Wife ( or even the heavy hand) beaters, actually believed in Work equalities, laughed at Women drivers, But only the Humor Not the fact.....

On Thursday ( pay-day, & Womens-night), Friday,Saturday Nights, romantic Sunday strolls...those same Lads/men had their Radar & protective eye quietly, 

indiscretely on their known girls going off  on their own, in pairs, or on Town-holidays...Even occasionally when girls were from another known area und

Friendly Chats were exchange from  Estate-lads rivals....

Some Lads with sisters, might become overbearing, but good-friends often soothed their thoughts & situations...

One point is, there was always been the crazies out on the streets, But Today Women/Child abuse, Rape,Murder seems a Never Ending story,

Violent Gang-fights gone off the richter scale.ASBOs a real pestering-hindurance.

Nobody wants to Report & recognise the Good guys, even the difficult ,Sacastic, have issues ones...

The Governments took the Bobbies off the Beat und Not Walking the streets... Social-services, cut every year, over 50years.

21year Ss.  kids "thrown" onto the front-line...How can they discuss Social problems with 30+ emotional strained & stressed individuals or families...

No more Local showing,Reporting & shaming...

Old Fashioned me...:blush:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Simpsons Black Mirror did it!

5 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m guessing that everyone is reassured by Boris’ plan to protect women by putting plainclothes police officers in pubs and nightclubs ? :ph34r:

https://news.sky.com/story/sarah-everard-government-promises-immediate-steps-to-reassure-women-and-girls-in-wake-of-killing-12247200

As if pubs will ever open again.