Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am unable to

• figure out what’s going on
  • decide if I give a toss
  • wish they were not part of a collective Darwin Award 

:rolleyes:

Same here. I really feel like the world as I knew it has gone mad 

Utter morons. I want to feel sorry for them and their obvious lack of education, support network, love life etc. but the absolute state of them. And as others have said, you just know they'd have been raging at last week's protests, and will have facebook profiles with 'support our key workers' splashed all over the place.

They're just lost, angry idiots. 

Edited by sdb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

WTF is even happening, what/who are these people? Are they protesting? Are they trying to achieve something?

In a messed up year, this is possibly the strangest thing yet, unless I’m missing something...

They’re idiots.

Every single one of them. 

Whatever they’re protesting about. 

FFS .... save the bloody country and go home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Is corona virus a thing of the past now?

Nobody in London today seems the slightest bit bothered.

I think the country has given up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

We knew they couldn't care less. They've gone to defend a statue that has been boarded up, challenge a protest that was called off so all that is left to do is go at the police and piss on memorials to people who died trying to stop terrorists.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Madness. Once again a person that has done more good than bad by a long way. 

I disagree, the guy had no real impact on why India got freedom, that was WW2.  It's funny he endorsed violence when the British were at there weakest,.......hmmm I wonder.

How much did Gandhi agree to pay the British to exit?

The guy was a blocker to freedom in post WW1, because it was a minority group non Hindu group that could have made it

The guys motives were for the Hindu majority, he endorsed the caste system.

He was a racist and a paedophile.

If I was a Hindu, it would be kudos, that guy did the upmost for his faith, that has to be admired also.

Edited by Dr The Singh
  • Like 1

Not quite sure where to file this comment, but I've put it in this thread.

In the last few weeks, there has been a lot of analysing statistics, and coming up with some dubious conclusions.   We really do need to be very careful how we interpret stats.  For example ...

Since 2000 in the Premier League, there have been 44 managerial positions at the so-called "big six" teams.
 (excluding any short term temporary/interim/caretaker appointments.)

But only 8 of these 44 appointments were English managers.

This is a pretty damning statistic, and might look like a clear case of anti-English discrimination.   But why would any football club owner in the Premier League, discriminate against someone because they were English?   I don't suppose they would.   I don't know exactly why there is such a big under-representation at those clubs, but I'm pretty certain it's nothing to do with discrimination.

Those clubs would probably just say that they have appointed what they believe is the best person for the job.  And that's all there is to it.  

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see where this analogy is leading.   But I genuinely believe we just need to be very careful about leaping to conclusions.

12 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

In the last few weeks, there has been a lot of analysing statistics, and coming up with some dubious conclusions.   We really do need to be very careful how we interpret stats.  For example ...

Since 2000 in the Premier League, there have been 44 managerial positions at the so-called "big six" teams.

This is a pretty damning statistic, and might look like a clear case of anti-English discrimination.   But why would any football club owner in the Premier League, discriminate against someone because they were English?   I don't suppose they would.   I don't know exactly why there is such a big under-representation at those clubs, but I'm pretty certain it's nothing to do with discrimination.

Those clubs would probably just say that they have appointed what they believe is the best person for the job.  And that's all there is to it.  

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see where this analogy is leading.   But I genuinely believe we just need to be very careful about leaping to conclusions.

You’ve compared football management to socio-economic disadvantages of certain ethnicities, is that really a sound comparison?

Why would you:

- Go to a "counter demonstration", when the original march had been called off and stand around drinking cans? 

- Ignore the calls to cancel your march, go out looking for the "counter demonstrators" KNOWING they're baying for a fight? 

Idiotic from everyone in every camp. **** off the lot of you. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why would you:

- Go to a "counter demonstration", when the original march had been called off and stand around drinking cans? 

- Ignore the calls to cancel your march, go out looking for the "counter demonstrators" KNOWING they're baying for a fight? 

Idiotic from everyone in every camp. **** off the lot of you. 

Depends on the poon.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Only in Britain and the USA could you have far right, anti-racism and anti vaccine protests going on in one space...... it’s like a modern day month python sketch........ 

With those groups in it would surely be taken off air  :P

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

given that this is a football discussion forum the sad truth for us is that most of the ‘thugs’ on show in London this afternoon would normally have spent their sat afternoon in a football stadium 

I hope not, most PL grounds are to clinical and organised for them to feel comfortable in them.

47 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

It's been suggested that recently retired English footballers have earn't so much so don't need the hassle of qualifying and then to risk suffering the social media abuse on them.

Then you've also got way more opportunities for a pundit role where they can talk bollocks without much abuse. It's also very hard to move from a FL management role to the PL as they are still probably not considered proven for the PL especially in competition with a foreign manager from one of the top tier teams in any other country.

I suspect most of those 8 arrived in the PL with the club they got promoted, that being the case they probably didn't last that long either.

Just some thoughts.

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Perhaps. But it seems the third world is attempting to become better and we're intentionally devolving. 

Better? Or maybe they are catching up after century’s of oppression by European colonisers. 

Edited by peach0000