Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

On 06/06/2020 at 23:32, Lionator said:

I’ve just seen a news article suggesting that a minimum of 37 people who attended the Man Utd Man City game on March 8th, died from the virus and that those cases could be traced back to that fixture. If so then that’s staggering for so many reasons. 

That would be 37 / 76,000 or about 0.05%, which is in line with the death rate no?

Edited by Jon the Hat

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

That would be 37 / 76,000 or about 0.05%, which is in line with the death rate no?

Is that the death rate for every country? Forgive me if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick but isn’t the argument that the fact this game went ahead with a full crowd which has led to our death rate being significantly worse than most countries and therefore this event being inline with the death rate isn’t really a measure of success.

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Is that the death rate for every country? Forgive me if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick but isn’t the argument that the fact this game went ahead with a full crowd which has led to our death rate being significantly worse than most countries and therefore this event being inline with the death rate isn’t really a measure of success.

Eh? 

40 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

That's a fair point, but still its not like everyone went to the game or to Cheltenham, so you would expect the rate to be worse among those who did.  

Financial Times reckon Senior Whitehall sources have said Ministers are earmarking 22 June as the reopening date for pubs/bars with terracing, marquees and beer gardens.

4 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Financial Times reckon Senior Whitehall sources have said Ministers are earmarking 22 June as the reopening date for pubs/bars with terracing, marquees and beer gardens.

Fingers crossed

My favourite pub put out a message on social media the other day suggesting it was July 4th, which is also the date my mate's missus is supposedly able to re-open her hair salon. The sooner the better for pubs with beer gardens really

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

That's a fair point, but still its not like everyone went to the game or to Cheltenham, so you would expect the rate to be worse among those who did.  

But them sort of events were replicated across the country for a good month before the lockdown so It’s fair to say they contributed directly but also indirectly, how many people were then infected at these events but didn’t display symptoms and passed it on to others who died.

Its widely acknowledged that Bergamo in Italy was so bad due to the Champions League match, its an extreme example with a 3rd of the population attending but it shows it had a huge impact on where we are today in my opinion.

• Like 2

I’ve just done some work with a couple of big pub chains with a view to reopening. 

They are looking at 4th July, but with a number of caveats in place regarding physical distancing and limited capacity. 

The problem is that some places don’t think they can make any money with these restrictions in place so might be reluctant to open at all. 

Tricky one. 

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

All of it mate. I'm so confused it's unreal. lol

Really simply, if we have messed up by hosting these events until we did then don’t compare infection/death rates with the worst E.G us, compare this with a country thats average for both so see how much of an impact it actually had.

8 minutes ago, Milo said:

I’ve just done some work with a couple of big pub chains with a view to reopening. 

They are looking at 4th July, but with a number of caveats in place regarding physical distancing and limited capacity. 

The problem is that some places don’t think they can make any money with these restrictions in place so might be reluctant to open at all. 

Tricky one. 

Yes it would be interesting to know what turnover and staff Count they need,comparable to Original pre C.Virus.

for pub food or just drinkies...

46 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:

Good luck Sir 

Hope it's something else.

Cheers. She's fine in herself but just coughing well and regularly. She wouldn't have bothered having a test but my youngest is due to return to school so it was the right thing to do before sending him in.

20 minutes ago, Milo said:

Tricky one. 

Words from someone I spoke with on Friday were 'we are completely reliant on a good weather summer' 

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Words from someone I spoke with on Friday were 'we are completely reliant on a good weather summer' 

Which is fine if they have outdoor space.

It's going to be a bit weird - we'll have to queue up like we do for supermarkets...not sure I'll bother, tbh. 

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Tricky one. 

Campsites!  What about the bloody campsites.  Someone tell me they will open in July ffs.

• Like 2

"great" to see a number as low as 55, given the previous numbers, even if it is due to a weekend lag. The world, Europe and the US in particular, is certainly moving to a "move on" stage, rightly or wrongly, and we're just hoping the numbers continue to fall.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Campsites!  What about the bloody campsites.  Someone tell me they will open in July ffs.

Assume they will be - places like Center Parcs and Aria Resorts are open from the 4th or 5th of July.

Camp it up, mate :thumbup:

40 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

"great" to see a number as low as 55, given the previous numbers, even if it is due to a weekend lag. The world, Europe and the US in particular, is certainly moving to a "move on" stage, rightly or wrongly, and we're just hoping the numbers continue to fall.

I think we should wait for a couple of weeks to see if the protests have made any difference.

1 hour ago, pds said:

Cheers. She's fine in herself but just coughing well and regularly. She wouldn't have bothered having a test but my youngest is due to return to school so it was the right thing to do before sending him in.

Hope she's ok. Someone in my team had symptoms last Monday and she booked a test and went to the drive thru testing centre at Birstall. Said she'd have the results by Wednesday latest. As of this morning, she still hasn't had the result. She hasn't gotten any more poorly and her isolation period would now be over anyhow!

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Our death rate is 0.057%

Italy is 0.056%

Spain is 0.058%

France is 0.044%

USA is 0.034%

Germany is 0.01% (Impressive)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Hope she's ok. Someone in my team had symptoms last Monday and she booked a test and went to the drive thru testing centre at Birstall. Said she'd have the results by Wednesday latest. As of this morning, she still hasn't had the result. She hasn't gotten any more poorly and her isolation period would now be over anyhow!

I had my test at Birstall about a month ago as my girlfriend was showing symptoms, took 6 days for our results (which were negative). I went about 2 days after it opened and it was quiet, very efficient, but the delay in results was annoying considering I am a "key worker" and I had no symptoms myself.