Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Just wonder what everyones thoughts are on this.

After seeing the images of the protests (whether you agree with them happening or not) I think more people will become lapse, especially say Liverpool fans who I half expect to flock to the streets on the night they win the League. 

I can see people thinking "well if they can do that, why can't we?"

I think it depends on how you've judged the advice so far. If you've been cautious, I don't expect a huge change in behaviour. If you've been wary but a more of a risk-taker, then possibly you'll go a bit bolder and gather in large groups. if you've shown no regard anyway, nothing will change.

I'm sure a lot of people are well intentioned. Issue occurs when too many people are well intentioned and nowhere else to go.

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

So we can now hang out with another house? 

Only if you live on your own or you are meeting someone who lives on their own.

Edit - but not multiple houses if that makes sense, just the one other house.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Only if you live on your own or you are meeting someone who lives on their own.

Edit - but not multiple houses if that makes sense, just the one other house.

If we put the other people who live there in the garden, would that be ok?

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

When do we think schools will re-open then, or all of them rather than a select few. Surely September is too far away, some will have have missed 4 or so months of education (taking into account half term and summer holidays).

My daughter is 13 and her form teacher has told me this week that it will most likely be September now before she returns 

I can finally go and see my mrs. It’s my birthday on Sunday as well. What a weekend! It’s meant to piss it down as well here so I’m 100% getting the golf brolly out and forcing a BBQ in true british fashion. 

Same birthday as Donald Trump FWIW - I thank you. 

Edited by Manini

So I still, technically, can't go and see my grandparents even though I'm isolating as much as possible (still - but going out for exercise and doing it away from people). 

But a single parent with a child under 18, who may now be going back to nursery and in contact with other child, as well as the parent working in a shop - can.

I'm really not looking to poke holes in everything because I'm sure it's a nightmare to arrange and there have been SOME good measures and approaches (looking at you, Sunak) but this just feels cobbled together. I know they made it clear that if you show symptoms you can't but as we're now seeing - lots of people can be asymptomatic. 

• Like 1

Partially don't see the point of these briefings anymore. Most of the time we find out nothing and then have 35minutes of crap questioning. 

Most of the questions today relate to their biggest regrets, what use is that? Any answer is plastered and twisted for headlines. Then they seemed angry schools were not being opened, when many slated the decision to open them in the first place. May as well cut them down to 3 a week.

• Like 1

Be much better to just release a press release with the key messages and changes. Particular when Boris is announcing them, just makes it sound confusing. 

We're almost getting to the stage where unless people have symptoms, they are doing what they want, in most cases with common sense. 

There is so many contradictions with what you can and can't do, that it doesn't really make sense. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stix said:

So if I read it right, a single mum/dad with however many children, can go into the house of another single mum/dad with however many children, and not socially distance? 

That's correct, mental awareness (& child protection:-) measure i would assume

26 minutes ago, stix said:

So if I read it right, a single mum/dad with however many children, can go into the house of another single mum/dad with however many children, and not socially distance? 

That seems to be it. Which is what I've questioned. 

I, as a man working from home and only going out sparingly and keeping away from people where possible, can't do it but someone with 3 kids can?

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I, as a man working from home and only going out sparingly and keeping away from people where possible, can't do it but someone with 3 kids can?

Do you live alone mate? If so then yes you can

Unless you are shielding of course

Edited by BKLFox
Unless you are shielding of course

43 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Be much better to just release a press release with the key messages and changes. Particular when Boris is announcing them, just makes it sound confusing. 

We're almost getting to the stage where unless people have symptoms, they are doing what they want, in most cases with common sense. 

There is so many contradictions with what you can and can't do, that it doesn't really make sense. 

They do, almost immediately after the briefing, on gov.uk. You can have them emailed to you if you're a saddo like me. Trouble is, they issue an exact transcript of what Johnson said, so it's still as clear as mud, especially as Professor Whitty seemed to contradict what Johnson said about the bubbles.

32 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

There’s little logic in it to me, there are so many variables. Two single parent families each with 3 children can enter each others homes without social distancing. Yet 2 two parent families each with 2 children aren’t allowed. Both scenarios have 2 families of 4, yet only one set is allowed. 

I do understand the mental side of them doing this in a way, especially for people who live alone and have had no physical human contact for so many weeks, makes total sense for people’s own sanity. Single parent families included in that as well. 

I just don’t understand why it wasn’t 2 families from 2 households full stop. 

3 hours ago, Manini said:

I can finally go and see my mrs. It’s my birthday on Sunday as well. What a weekend! It’s meant to piss it down as well here so I’m 100% getting the golf brolly out and forcing a BBQ in true british fashion. 

Same birthday as Donald Trump FWIW - I thank you. 

Give her one from all of us son.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stix said:

There’s little logic in it to me, there are so many variables. Two single parent families each with 3 children can enter each others homes without social distancing. Yet 2 two parent families each with 2 children aren’t allowed. Both scenarios have 2 families of 4, yet only one set is allowed. 

I do understand the mental side of them doing this in a way, especially for people who live alone and have had no physical human contact for so many weeks, makes total sense for people’s own sanity. Single parent families included in that as well. 

I just don’t understand why it wasn’t 2 families from 2 households full stop. 

I think it’s because 2 parent families can share responsibility so they can have a break single parents have had what 12 weeks with their kids and can let the grandparents take them for Abit now🤷🏼‍♂️