Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

I beat a woman to death with a frozen leg of lamb* today, after she spent ages touching and fiddling with all the cured meats.

* this may or may not have occurred.

Did you at least put her in the freezer,and cleared up After you...

What happened to the Frozen Leg of lamb...!!

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Did you at least put her in the freezer,and cleared up After you...

What happened to the Frozen Leg of lamb...!!

I am not a barbarian, I stashed her behind the cut flowers.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I've not been in a supermarket since March but I'd imagine some of this could be down to finding the best use by date. I've more often than I like ended up with stuff that was passed it's date when I bought it because I forgot to check it.

should be ok at the moment, all the close to sell by goes into online deliveries.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I beat a woman to death with a frozen leg of lamb* today, after she spent ages touching and fiddling with all the cured meats.

I saw a bloke run out of Tesco's today with a frozen leg of lamb.

The Security guard shouted at him "What do you think you're doing with that!?"

And the fella said "Probably slow cook it with a bit of fresh mint and some new potatoes"

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Should have asked her how would she like it if you touched and fiddled with her cured meat

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I Agree with this man

Me too. 

I've been happy and enthusiastic to keep myself to myself (for that's all really what lockdown is) since March in order for thiS to stabilise and the doctors to get a handle on it. 

But, really, this obsession to.eliminate all risk is absurd

1 hour ago, nnickn said:

should be ok at the moment, all the close to sell by goes into online deliveries.

I know and a very limited choice been getting then since early March 

10 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I Agree with this man

Makes a lot of good points. Particularly about the death certificate example. We have a family friend who sadly has been battling motor neurones disease for a number of years, he sadly lost his battle a few weeks into the lockdown. His wife was most upset because his death certificate did say the cause was COVID-19. Which is extremely puzzling considering he was living with an illness that ultimately ends in death. So to put that was really bizarre. When challenged about it, the justification was due to a high temperature prior to his passing, they registered it a COVID-19. So how many other cases have been similar to this?  

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Makes a lot of good points. Particularly about the death certificate example. We have a family friend who sadly has been battling motor neurones disease for a number of years, he sadly lost his battle a few weeks into the lockdown. His wife was most upset because his death certificate did say the cause was COVID-19. Which is extremely puzzling considering he was living with an illness that ultimately ends in death. So to put that was really bizarre. When challenged about it, the justification was due to a high temperature prior to his passing, they registered it a COVID-19. So how many other cases have been similar to this?  

Not really. It may be the case in individual instances, but there have been 60k excess deaths.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Makes a lot of good points.

Not really he is advocating a form of self determination that bears no responsibility to third parties. I also suspect he is a hypocrite as I am sure as a Judge he has applied laws that deny self determination without necessarily having consequences. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Straddles both topics but will put here - Financial Times reporting that Boris getting very annoyed at the lack of progress with the track and trace app. To the point they may consider using Apple/Google’s app

no surprise there really, im sure we will be using the american vaccine as well when it comes to fruit.

Just wonder what everyones thoughts are on this.

After seeing the images of the protests (whether you agree with them happening or not) I think more people will become lapse, especially say Liverpool fans who I half expect to flock to the streets on the night they win the League. 

I can see people thinking "well if they can do that, why can't we?"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

When do we think schools will re-open then, or all of them rather than a select few. Surely September is too far away, some will have have missed 4 or so months of education (taking into account half term and summer holidays).

it's madness. I don't know what the solution is. I think it's important to get kids into schools to keep in touch, even if it's only a day and week and they are alternating who is in and when.

As an aside, my husband works as a tutor, primarily online. A lot of his work is school based, with students who receive extra online tuition funded by the pupil premium. Despite everything this work has completely dried up at the moment as schools have just stopped buying in this national tutoring service. I don't know if this will change once the government has distributed those long awaited laptops. 

Should we have shut down borders early/earlier? 

BBC News - Coronavirus came to UK 'on at least 1,300 separate occasions'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52993734

About 1300+ people entered UK with Covid-19, 80% between end of Feb and end of March. 

33.6% came from Spain; 28.5% France; 14.4% Italy. 

Less than 0.1% of cases came from China. 

The study says the match between Liverpool & Atletico 'probably had very little impact'. 

The good news being eventual lockdown in place did suppress and disrupt the spread of virus, expectedly. 

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I know some won't believe it but i think there are more than people think

The daily UK death toll

Tells us: the latest total of deaths of people with coronavirus, mostly in hospitals
Published by: the Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England 
Covers: the whole of the UK
Limitations: daily number does not represent deaths in one 24-hour period; differences in reporting between England and the other nations

This is the number that we see most often in news headlines: we get the latest cumulative death toll from across the UK, reported every afternoon.

It counts people who have died and tested positive for the virus. This isn’t exactly the same as “deaths from coronavirus” as the small print says: “Deaths of people who have had a positive test for COVID-19 could in some cases be due to a different cause.”