Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

The flattening of the infections curve is getting more evident and I suspect that the tiered restrictions are having some effect. Unless the more detailed information that authorities have suggests that things are worse than they seem and that hospital capacity will be exceeded, or alternatively they intend to drive the rate of infections down to the point where a competent test and trace scheme can keep it low, I can’t really see the point of a full lockdown at this stage.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

It’s very tough for us to look at the data and to deduce what’s actually happening - the authorities will have detailed breakdown as to who is infected and how /where it’s spreading

for example, where it’s dropping from a peak (and therefore overall flattening of the curve) could simply be down to the university surges dropping away. They aren’t worried about those younger infections because they won’t directly feed into hospital admissions.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

As they have said hundreds of times, they purely advise the Gov. based on the data they see and the models produced. But people can't see past them being stood next to Boris and instantly refute everything they say.

Correct.

Difficulty with grassroots sports isn't the playing or the training or even the facilities which can be regulated. It's that in open environments, anyone can crowds around the pitch to which no club or persons can control. 

This government or most of the World's for that, they don't have time for unpicking the patterns in what activities are low risk, easier for them to do one size fits all. 

I understand the pro's and con's of implying an overall lockdown. However I think exercise is a very delicate example where complete closure directly affects the Coronavirus situation. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ollie93 said:

Interesting to see a lot of gyms are staying open. The warehouse gym in Leicester being one. It will be interesting to see how the authorities react to them.

I hope this might be the start of more businesses openly rebelling in order to save their livelihoods. 

I know we only have days left in the EU, but fundamental rights in the EU charter are surely the backbone of any legal challenge to objecting to forced closure of businesses;

The right to earn a living

The right of assembly and association

Freedom to.conduct a business

Even when we leave the EU, you could argue the rights were in force at the time of govt action to stop those rights

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I hope this might be the start of more businesses openly rebelling in order to save their livelihoods. 

I know we only have days left in the EU, but fundamental rights in the EU charter are surely the backbone of any legal challenge to objecting to forced closure of businesses;

Even when we leave the EU, you could argue the rights were in force at the time of govt action to stop those rights

So, we are rule takers when it suits?

Hypocrisy writ large.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

What would happen if all businesses just decided to stay open....?

Not like the resources are there to shut everything down.

They can stop people from travelling to and from those businesses though by stopping all the petrol stations operating with the anpr system which is basically a database check of every car that pulls onto a forecourt. The reason it takes a few seconds for the pump to start working is the anpr check, not the little old lady at the till we all shake our fist at because of the length of time its taking for any fuel to come out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They can stop people from travelling to and from those businesses though by stopping all the petrol stations operating with the anpr system which is basically a database check of every car that pulls onto a forecourt. The reason it takes a few seconds for the pump to start working is the anpr check, not the little old lady at the till we all shake our fist at because of the length of time its taking for any fuel to come out.

That's interesting.

What are they checking for?

On 03/11/2020 at 12:43, whitlock said:

If true, maybe the Tiered approach was working, just didn’t have enough time?

02BC0F35-BEB9-41E0-A582-44E18DCDFDDA.thumb.png.0248ae0031e092541eb4075c03c5540e.png

Course it was working and Keir Starmer's response of proof that a tiered system doesn't work because you wouldn't need a tier 3 if tier 2 worked is just ridiculous and obviously is the kind of person that thinks that braking from 70 to 30 doesn't need a 50 in the middle.

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

That's interesting.

What are they checking for?

To make sure you've paid the last bill, but it's part of the UK anpr system and could be used for checking insurance, MOT's and not allowing any fuel, unless you stick a pair of number plates on from a legit vehicle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

The reason it takes a few seconds for the pump to start working is the anpr check, not the little old lady at the till we all shake our fist at because of the length of time its taking for any fuel to come out.

Well I never knew that. Every day is a school day on here :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Tell that to the French who currently require a permit to leave the house for work, essential shopping & their 1hr of exercise

57 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Nearer 500 than 400, but clearly that's still not enough daily deaths for the lock-down sceptics on here to discontinue their moaning about it. 

Was listening to a couple of the young lads earlier where i work who were on about David Icke on their instagrams and agreeing with everything he was coming out with. I says, do you know who david icke is and they'd obviously never heard of him but we're taking on board the crap he was coming out with. Now, they're not idiots, rather clever lads, but fvck me, how people can be persuaded to believe such nonsense simply because it fits in with their lifestyles is unbelievable. 

"Don't drink the kool aid lads"

"What's that mean"

"Look it up, then look up David Icke"

• Like 1