Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Easy, unless everyone I've been in contact with has been asymptomatic too. 

So you personally know everyone you've been in contact with on the planes, on holidays, at the pubs and restaurants? I find that very hard to believe 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rain King said:

Makes me laugh. Was so obvious schools are a major issue but they wait until the day after they close before bringing these rules out. Could have just closed them for December.

Not only that, but some schools wanted to close a week early, so that people could have their Christmas safely, and the Government threatened them with legal action...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

So you personally know everyone you've been in contact with on the planes, on holidays, at the pubs and restaurants? I find that very hard to believe 

Nope. Dont be silly. 

On planes and in pubs and restaurants I've respectfully kept my distance. And obviously my co travellers / diners / drinkers were not 'at risk' groups (or they wouldn't have been there in the first place) - meaning  even if we had passed it on to each other, no harm would've happened to either party. 

And I don't mix with at risk groups..including my parents. I wouldn't wish to jeopardise the health of anyone who's vulnerable

I don't need - and nor should any normal person - the government to create in law how I should and shouldn't  behave inside  normal social norms. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Wait for it.....

Moronic 

I sympathise but she’s literally travelling from high transmission zone on a breeding ground of a carriage. It’s absolutely bonkers. And whilst it’s not against the law, it’s against the spirit

I'd be livid if somebody came to stay with me having travelled through all that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't need - and nor should any normal person - the government to create in law how I should and shouldn't  behave inside  normal social norms. 

It has given me food for thought. 

I'm normally a stickler for the rules. But when your Government is overwhelmingly incompetent, at what point is it acceptable disregard them?

1 minute ago, Charl91 said:

It has given me food for thought. 

I'm normally a stickler for the rules. But when your Government is overwhelmingly incompetent, at what point is it acceptable disregard them?

Exactly. Let me give you an example. 

My kids and family have been in Leicester these last two weeks, case rate what 150 per 100k. I've been in canaries duting the same time with case rate of 50 per 100k. Yet I'm supposed to self isolate for 2 weeks yet my kids, at a school riddled with it, are free to wander about? 

Fack off. I ain't doing it. Simple as. It doesn't make sense.

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Just seen a terminally ill lady on the news in tears because this will be her last Christmas and she now won't see her kids or her sister like she was meant to. In that situation, **** the rules, just do it. She knows she'll die within 12 months, or is extremely likely too, enjoy your last Christmas and let your loved ones enjoy it with you.

Seen that. I think a degree of common sense is needed with any of the rules. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Just seen a terminally ill lady on the news in tears because this will be her last Christmas and she now won't see her kids or her sister like she was meant to. In that situation, **** the rules, just do it. She knows she'll die within 12 months, or is extremely likely too, enjoy your last Christmas and let your loved ones enjoy it with you.

Agreed. 

45 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

No one can argue with that.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Nope. Dont be silly. 

On planes and in pubs and restaurants I've respectfully kept my distance. And obviously my co travellers / diners / drinkers were not 'at risk' groups (or they wouldn't have been there in the first place) - meaning  even if we had passed it on to each other, no harm would've happened to either party. 

And I don't mix with at risk groups..including my parents. I wouldn't wish to jeopardise the health of anyone who's vulnerable

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Went from tier 2 on Wednesday to tier 3 on Thursday and now tier 4 today. Shambles. 

Same here. I think it's the fact we were given no notice that's really pissed me off. No time to go the gym one last time or take presents to parents etc.

Just now, Izzy said:

Same here. I think it's the fact we were given no notice that's really pissed me off. No time to go the gym one last time or take presents to parents etc.

Yep. Surely there's must have been talks to go in to tier 4 before Thursdays review of the tiers was done? 

I feel sorry for anyone that's worked right up until today and made plans for next week to visit family with the Xmas rules as they were, and now they've all gone to shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

To be fair, even under Tier 3 rules state that non-essential travel should be avoided. 

That of course allows different people to have different definitions of what is essential.  to some, if their mother has been lonely all year and is desperate (no exaggeration in the word) to see their daughter, then travel is essential.  To others, their mother can do without them for another few months.

The mental health of old people is well down the list of priorities, I know - but it shouldn't be allowed to drop off the list altogether.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I was honestly willing to give him a chance at the start of this, given the seriousness of it. But from day one it’s been a catastrophic failure of leadership. 

Dither, delay, lack of clarity, U-turns, contradictions, confusion, lies and a completely half arsed implementation of his rules which his own father and chief advisor ignored. 

He refused to sack Cummings only to fire him for dissing his girlfriend 6 months later. Sturgeon fired an advisor for breaching rules and kicked an MP out of her party too. 

There’s going to be millions of people that are upset and furious today. How many are going to ignore him? 

Absolute shambles of a man. 

Agreed.  I think the problem is that he has no long-term plan whatsoever.  So we have the system in place on Monday, and then on Tuesday someone comes to him and says we need to do something different - and he can't look at the plan and say "no, we have a plan and we will stick to it" because he hasn't got a plan.  So that means on Wednesday we have some new rules.  And then on Thursday someone else comes along and says something different, so on Friday we have some more new rules.  ad infinitum.