Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I don't like the colour naming system for the stages here.

We went from orange, to red and now to grey. 

I would have preferred a fuscia or possibly a lavender in there somewhere, for the transitions.

To be honest I wish  our provincial government had the zones along the lines of..

Alright mate, carry on

Hold up lads, calm down

Whooa, wtf

Not bloody good

**** sakes, this is grim

FFS you absolute bells

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

If we're going into lockdown, go fully in. Keep the schools shut and universities delayed in reconvening. Make sure all pupils have access to online learning at home. Extend the holiday by a week if it allows everyone to be sorted. Then they can work at getting the vaccine properly rolled out and infections reducing.

Do it for a month from early January. Do a March-style hard lockdown and get the vaccine to as many as possible. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

My original thoughts  were Hancock blurted it out to try and cover up the debacle of originally putting London in tier 2, it was a huge mistake and now plenty of Londoners (rightly or wrongly) have escaped tier 4 and spread the new strain countrywide.

Hasn’t there been plenty of different mutations already? It was a blunder from the government and from Hancock so unexpectedly announcing it on TV.

Yeah exactly, punished for our honesty perhaps?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

If we're going into lockdown, go fully in. Keep the schools shut and universities delayed in reconvening. Make sure all pupils have access to online learning at home. Extend the holiday by a week if it allows everyone to be sorted. Then they can work at getting the vaccine properly rolled out and infections reducing.

Do it for a month from early January. Do a March-style hard lockdown and get the vaccine to as many as possible. 

In terms of Univeristies,  many operate with January exams, most of which are online. So there is the potential to schedule that in.

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

What an utter cockwomble that man is.  EU drivers are the ones impacted here, and all he can do is score points.  Twat.

He asked valid questions, though, even if that's inconvenient for your political bias.

Edit: Sorry, I think I may have misunderstood who you were referring to - I initially assumed it was Richard Burnett. What do you think of what he had to say re: transport issues?

Edited by Buce

16 minutes ago, Buce said:

He asked valid questions, though, even if that's inconvenient for your political bias.

Edit: Sorry, I think I may have misunderstood who you were referring to - I initially assumed it was Richard Burnett. What do you think of what he had to say re: transport issues?

It’s not great is it? I hope they get it sorted.

At least most lorry drivers do have sleeping facilities otherwise it’d be horrific and they definitely know how to piss in bottles :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Wonder how many undiscovered strains caused spikes in other countries that just werent picked up by those respective nations? 

Probably true, though the mutation we've detected here does have an unusually high number of relevant mutations. I think it probably truly is the single most significant mutation in the world since this all started.

1 minute ago, String fellow said:

Anyone with a interest in phylogenetics might be wondering why the genome of an RNA virus such as SARS-CoV-2 is sequenced in terms of the G, C, A and T nucleotides, when thymine(T) isn't present in RNA. There is an explanation...

Do we have to tune in next week??? :frantics:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

Had to queue for about an hour to get it, feel fine, didn't even sting going in like the Flu jab usually does.

Wait until the second dose. Then they'll get you. Now get back to your 15 hour shifts in level 2/3 PPE. 

Just been told our kids go back to secondary school Jan 11th at the earliest (a week later than usual). Apparently all the teachers need training on how to administer Covid tests and all pupils will be tested when they return.

My two have been off since the beginning of December as one of their teachers and classmates tested positive, so that will be nearly another six weeks off on top of the rest of the disruption this year.

Remote learning is an O.K. temporary measure but it's not the same as being in the classroom. I really feel for the kids (especially those in exam years) and this pandemic is really fvcking with their learning and social interaction skills. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Harrydc said:

We will all be in tier 4 come the new year - if not before Christmas! 

I think so too...was worried we would be going to tier4 and got a driving test tomorow. Been paranoid for a while thinking it would be cancelled. Been a nightmare trying to get a test

55 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Do we have to tune in next week??? :frantics:

I'm reluctant to provide it, as it might give Guardian readers brain strain. Nevertheless here goes. RNA is a single-stranded nucleic acid, which is unstable and easily degrades. But it can be synthesized into complementary DNA, in which the uracil(U) nucleotide in RNA changes to thymine(T), and this pairs up with adenine(A). The stable cDNA produced is then sequenced, which is why T appears in the sequencing of SARS-CoV-2. The entire genome has over 29,900 nucleotides in total.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Just been told our kids go back to secondary school Jan 11th at the earliest (a week later than usual). Apparently all the teachers need training on how to administer Covid tests and all pupils will be tested when they return.

My two have been off since the beginning of December as one of their teachers and classmates tested positive, so that will be nearly another six weeks off on top of the rest of the disruption this year.

Remote learning is an O.K. temporary measure but it's not the same as being in the classroom. I really feel for the kids (especially those in exam years) and this pandemic is really fvcking with their learning and social interaction skills. 

Set them an account up on here pal

7 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Surprise surprise. Theres a reason why Leicester will not be coming out of any sort of restriction any time soon but the cucks on here and in the government are too shit scared to say anything.

I don’t think this is a Leicester problem. Quite a few of these sort of police videos floating around Twitter. Unless there is another reason I’m missing.

3 hours ago, Corky said:

As a university student, I can tell you it’s fvcking pointless the students living in their accommodation as all the learning is done online anyway. 

• Like 2