Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

https://twitter.com/leicspolice/status/1341280561088884736

Leicestershire Police "interrupting" a party of 60. 

Surprise surprise. Theres a reason why Leicester will not be coming out of any sort of restriction any time soon but the cucks on here and in the government are too shit scared to say anything.

Guest Harrydc
16 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Are more areas likely to be in tier 4? What are the chances we will be a part of that?

We will all be in tier 4 come the new year - if not before Christmas! 

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Wow that takes some doing the levels of Boris’s incompetence has not only spread over the North Sea but now the Atlantic Ocean he’s fec’ing up the whole world.

You're right, Boris is above reproach and has done nothing to make matters worse for this country.  There are no examples on this planet of a country's government taking unpopular measures and being willing to be accused of overreacting for the benefit of now being able to resume normal life while other nations that weren't as proactive continue to flounder under their uninspiring leaders.  None at all.  Not a thing.  Nope.   Keep those eyes wide shut fella.

3 hours ago, String fellow said:

Actually, it was the Chinese who fecked up the world, not our PM. Another name for the UK variant is N501Y, whilst in South Africa, another variant called 501.V2 was identified only last week. This is more virulent and contains a higher viral load, making even young people very ill. Basically, the sooner we all get the vaccine, the better. Meanwhile, President Bolsonaro of Brazil reckons that Covid-19 turns people into crocodiles, which is on a par for sheer lunacy as claiming that the vaccine is micro-chipped!

Get in the bin fella.  Everyone had the chance to see what was happening and take action.  Few chose to take it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

I don't like the colour naming system for the stages here.

We went from orange, to red and now to grey. 

I would have preferred a fuscia or possibly a lavender in there somewhere, for the transitions.

Should be turd coloured

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harrydc said:

We will all be in tier 4 come the new year - if not before Christmas! 

Nothing further will come in before Xmas, no chance. Too close to it now. I know they made snap changes at the weekend after only just changing tier systems, but any changes now come in for Boxing Day or NYD onwards. 

39 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

You're right, Boris is above reproach and has done nothing to make matters worse for this country.  There are no examples on this planet of a country's government taking unpopular measures and being willing to be accused of overreacting for the benefit of now being able to resume normal life while other nations that weren't as proactive continue to flounder under their uninspiring leaders.  None at all.  Not a thing.  Nope.   Keep those eyes wide shut fella.

The eyes are fully open my friend my comment also makes no suggestion Boris is above reproach but simply that either the world is lead by perceived buffoons or that there’s more to eradicating a virus plagued by many variables.

Name me a country that has fully beaten this, please say South Korea or Oz or NZ please then give it a few hours and then start reading reports of cases climbing as it’s happening make no mistake which will probably effect their Christmas’s soon if not already.

For all the bad press the UKs emergency task team gets on its handling and communication its the UK that is the most open in the entire world, your kidding yourself if death numbers are correct the world over already touched on many times about how deaths are reported.

UK is now being treated like a leper with the new ‘UK’ strain as its being called, again you honestly believe this isn’t all over the world already and that ground zero for the mutation was a sleepy hamlet in Kent if so, I think someone else’s eyes are shut. 

Despite many on here scoffing every time Boris mentions the UKs world leading scientific team, it’s them that has identified this strain and then our Government sharing this information to the world to be aware of it, despite the immediate negative responses they knew they would receive.

A German expert was praising the UK earlier for finding this strain stating every country would be foolish to think it’s not on their soil already, we are leading experts in this field and WHO will be working closely with our teams on how to navigate the next few weeks.

You don’t think Boris has listened to these experts?

• Like 1

"Right now, HGV drivers caught up in this mess have limited access to toilet and washing facilities - the majority have none. Denying them even the most basic facilities is not only putting their health at risk, it’s exacerbating the very situation that it was supposed to prevent.

For example, what will happen to those drivers who test positive? They will be unfit to drive but where will they go? They will be unable to quarantine with their families in Europe and what will happen to their vehicles? Who will be responsible for the deep cleaning of their cabs? And for those carrying return loads, what will happen to their cargo? This is going to be an extremely expensive exercise."

Richard Burnett, Road Haulage Association

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************8****

image.png.d179f7ad2343c988bec386b7d73c8267.png

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The eyes are fully open my friend my comment also makes no suggestion Boris is above reproach but simply that either the world is lead by perceived buffoons or that there’s more to eradicating a virus plagued by many variables.

Name me a country that has fully beaten this, please say South Korea or Oz or NZ please then give it a few hours and then start reading reports of cases climbing as it’s happening make no mistake which will probably effect their Christmas’s soon if not already.

For all the bad press the UKs emergency task team gets on its handling and communication its the UK that is the most open in the entire world, your kidding yourself if death numbers are correct the world over already touched on many times about how deaths are reported.

UK is now being treated like a leper with the new ‘UK’ strain as its being called, again you honestly believe this isn’t all over the world already and that ground zero for the mutation was a sleepy hamlet in Kent if so, I think someone else’s eyes are shut. 

Despite many on here scoffing every time Boris mentions the UKs world leading scientific team, it’s them that has identified this strain and then our Government sharing this information to the world to be aware of it, despite the immediate negative responses they knew they would receive.

A German expert was praising the UK earlier for finding this strain stating every country would be foolish to think it’s not on their soil already, we are leading experts in this field and WHO will be working closely with our teams on how to navigate the next few weeks.

You don’t think Boris has listened to these experts?

New Zealand are going to have their Christmas ruined by covid?  Sure. 

I'm sure our experts are very good at their jobs, my comment was responding to yours clearly implying that Boris is somehow devoid of blame for anything covid related because other countries have had outbreaks too, let's stick to one topic at a time.

15 minutes ago, Buce said:

"Right now, HGV drivers caught up in this mess have limited access to toilet and washing facilities - the majority have none. Denying them even the most basic facilities is not only putting their health at risk, it’s exacerbating the very situation that it was supposed to prevent.

For example, what will happen to those drivers who test positive? They will be unfit to drive but where will they go? They will be unable to quarantine with their families in Europe and what will happen to their vehicles? Who will be responsible for the deep cleaning of their cabs? And for those carrying return loads, what will happen to their cargo? This is going to be an extremely expensive exercise."

Richard Burnett, Road Haulage Association

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************8****

image.png.d179f7ad2343c988bec386b7d73c8267.png

What an utter cockwomble that man is.  EU drivers are the ones impacted here, and all he can do is score points.  Twat.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Wonder how many undiscovered strains caused spikes in other countries that just werent picked up by those respective nations? 

My original thoughts  were Hancock blurted it out to try and cover up the debacle of originally putting London in tier 2, it was a huge mistake and now plenty of Londoners (rightly or wrongly) have escaped tier 4 and spread the new strain countrywide.

Hasn’t there been plenty of different mutations already? It was a blunder from the government and from Hancock so unexpectedly announcing it on TV.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Fair. Are community infection rates driven by school rates or vice versa. 

Well given that we had 0 Covid cases at my school, and then (at least) 8 covid case in my class in the space of two weeks, I'd find it very coincidental if they'd all been picked up outside of school. 

19 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

New Zealand are going to have their Christmas ruined by covid?  Sure. 

I'm sure our experts are very good at their jobs, my comment was responding to yours clearly implying that Boris is somehow devoid of blame for anything covid related because other countries have had outbreaks too, let's stick to one topic at

Regarding initial comment I made no implication that Boris was above reproach, for instance I blame him for making a pigs ear of the whole Cummings debacle but I don’t blame him for peoples inability to stick to the rules or understand a simple message.

I still shake my head when I think of the uproar that ‘Stay Alert’ made its really not hard to workout the message given the phase we were going into.

With regards to the ‘old boys network’ contracts the party will cop 4 it if found illegal after the investigations but from what I’ve read of the NAO investigations all that they hit them for was not disclosing the award of contracts in a timely manner.

42 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Nope.

What do you mean nope?  All teaching was moved completely online and students given a test between 3rd-9th and told to return home should they test negative. First years were told to leave halls, obviously it's a tad harder with those in private halls

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1