Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

My issue is Nacho is never going to be able to play as a lone striker, this guy look quicker and more mobile, and more of a Vardy replacement.

I just don't see a matched day squad having Vardy, Nacho and this guy in, so if he come I can see Nacho moving on.

13 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Don't want him if it means selling Iheanacho. To be honest I wouldn't really want him anyway, first comes RW and CB.

In all fairness, we probably need so much in the squad right now that focusing on two positions alone isn't enough. 

If we don't plan for Vardy's replacement now we literally never will. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WestLothianFox said:

Better idea is to keep Iheanacho, and swap Slimani for Edouard.

I'm trying to guess whether this comment will bring @henrik_62 into the thread, or cure him of this place forever.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

I'm trying to guess whether this comment will bring @henrik_62 into the thread, or cure him of this place forever.

We joke but he'd probably lead the line pretty well for Celtic. 

I don't think Henrik_62 is in denial enough to think Celtic and the SPL play at a higher level than Monaco or Porto.

His age isn't ideal but he loves confrontation and doesn't struggle with confidence under pressure where as Iheanacho doesn't like either of those things. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

DONT GO NACHO

As well tho, if we want to keep the best holding midfielder in the world here for years to come, why sell his best mate?

I don't follow the players on social media enough to know, but are they best mates, or are you just saying that because they are the same same nationality?

I know enough from posts on here though that Chilwell and Maddison live in each others pockets, but that hasn't stop very strong rumours that Chilwell wants to leave his best mate and run off to London. I'm not sure footballers think to much about best mates in the team. They'll stay in touch and they get enough time off to see each other.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

His stats are great but he's in a shite league. There's only 2 years left on his contract so I doubt Celtic would be able to command that for him. Double swoop for him and Ajer?

Definitely wouldn't sell Iheanacho just yet - there's plenty of dead weight we need to get rid of that could raise enough cash. Sell Slimani and Silva to the idiots who bought Musa. 

He's signed a new deal but it's not been announced yet, is apparently going to coincide with the new Adidas kit launch.

More than happy for you guys to take Ajer in all honesty!

Edited by henrik_62

9 hours ago, jonthefox said:

I get the SPL is a duff league arguement , but his record shows 11 goals in 26 european appearances. not to shabby. 

His record for France U21's is ridiculous also, I can't recall the exact stats but it's taken him something like less than 10 games to become something like the third highest scorer for their U21's in history.

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Slimani is a good player. Celtic would do well to swap him for Edouard :thumbup:

I doubt Celtic could afford 25% of Slim’s weekly wedge (unfortunately).

11 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

No, Nacho and Ndidi are actually good friends - they post videos with each other on social media often. 

I don’t know to be fair if it makes much difference re transfers, but I’m sure they enjoy playing with their mates. 

Don’t they part share a box too? SK4 corner?

Watch the odd scottish prem game when its on Sky. Always been impressed with this guy when Celtic have played. Pace, power and can finish. When BR came down last season this is a transfer I was hoping we'd go in for, though I have a sneaky suspicion our chance to sign him was last summer. 

9 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Watch the odd scottish prem game when its on Sky. Always been impressed with this guy when Celtic have played. Pace, power and can finish. When BR came down last season this is a transfer I was hoping we'd go in for, though I have a sneaky suspicion our chance to sign him was last summer. 

With CL football a distinct possibility, surely this sunmer is our best chance. Prior to that we were never going to bring in a striker of his calibre and give him enough football.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

With CL football a distinct possibility, surely this sunmer is our best chance. Prior to that we were never going to bring in a striker of his calibre and give him enough football.

In any normal circumstances I'd agree, but this year hasn't exactly been normal! There's the issue of finances for one, and as @henrik_62 said, he could get into the bigger names in Europe.

I agree Champions League football could be a massive lure and the new training ground could also be a deal sealer. The pandemic is more what I was alluring to in terms of difficulty now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I’d be happy for us sign this guy for 35-40mill just to witness the Chris Sutton meltdown

Id sign him for 45mil plus Benkovic, Slim and Silva. Slim would would probably score a lot in the Scottish Premier. It would be priceless to see Suttons meltdown...............again.