Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

48 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

It helped everywhere where it was strictly enforced by the government and respected by the population. People are behaving like idiots, ignoring the rules and expect the virus to go away. It won't. Prime example being the banana republic known as the United States of America.

This crap is with for a very long while and unless people are willing to make some sacrifices and at least follow the social distancing rules, we won't get rid of it.

A prime example of this is opening up foreign holidays, though more from the point of us not spreading it internationally. If we can't all just take a holiday in the UK this year, just one year (which will surely aid our economy), then I just feel like we might as well just give up.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Christoph said:

I think you're right. My guess is culture. A lot more of those countries have a population thats more compliant to the government and local community. 

That's true enough - when it's sensible for them to do so, anyway. Don't mistake temporary compliance with "the man" for perpetual - four years ago there were over a million folks in the streets of Seoul wanting the resignation of the President delivered directly to their door. And they got it, too.

3 minutes ago, Christoph said:

There lies the problem though. Because no matter how law abiding most people are there is always going to be a chunk of the population who says **** that and will do what they want. 

It will always be, in any country. The question is how much of the population is willing to do the right thing and the example has to be set by those above.

England has been screwed over by BJ and his team. His carefree, borderline criminal, Covid-handshaking, his constant flip-flopping, member of his staff not abidng the rules, and the whole "herd immunity experiment" disaster are the reason why the country has been so hard hit and why there are still people who underestimate the virus. The populists have been found out during the pandemic and that's the only "positive" in the whole situation.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

A prime example of this is opening up foreign holidays, though more from the point of us not spreading it internationally. If we can't all just take a holiday in the UK this year, just one year (which will surely aid our economy), then I just feel like we might as well just give up.

I won't take a flight until this damn virus is under control, one way or another. I'll spend my holidays where I am or where I can safely go with my car and not mix with other people. It sucks but there's no other way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

That's what isn't that clear. If it's just Leicester how does that work? Just LE1? I guess it will all come out. Personally I don't see how it works it it will do is push people out of the city onto the surrounding towns and villages. Like in Hinckley for instance say the say all LE postcodes are still locked down. Everyone will just go to Stoke golding, Dadlighton, Nuneaton for a beer as they are CV postcodes. 

I wouldn't go to Nuneaton for a pint, at all, ever.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Genuine question because I don’t know the answer after having tried to have a look. I understand that hospital numbers in Leicester have not significantly risen (correct me if I am wrong). However, the cases have quite clearly risen and around a certain part of Leicester. Does that mean certain parts of Leicester have been asked or taken part in testing while other parts have not ? 

Is that a potential reason for an increase in those specific areas ? With the BAME community being, as someone else has said predominantly situated around these so called hot spot areas ? Has that been looked at ? If so, is the rest of Leicester just untested ? Genuinely keen to understand it.

I understand that the hospital numbers have increased from a couple of doctors I know. As someone who is from the BAME community and involved in wider community work, although there has been talk of targeted testing recently within the BAME community, that certainly hasn’t happened yet. 
mai the rise has not been because of additional focused testing, rather the additional testing facilities have been put in place in the hotspot to make testing accessible more easily and identify and track/ control the spread.

hope that helps

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Voll Blau didn't say confusing. Lack of coherence. A 1am e-mail of recommendations suggests that.

18th June, Hancock said there's an outbreak in Leicester based upon information of peaks on 8th and 11th June. 

Priti Patel ten days later suggests a local lockdown. 

A day later, there's recommendations in an e-mail and a cancelled meeting between parties. 

Also are the government recommending or enforcing? 

The whole thing is a shambles.

If the reports are true why did it take so long to get the info from central government to local government and why is it taking so long to analyse the data. Most of the data referred to is now two weeks old though some is a week old.

We are in the midst of a national helth crisis and the government is yet again giving mixed messages.

If this was Germany the data would have been properly analysed within about 48 hours and a probable lockdownof Leicester and probably the county would have already been implemented.

The wider implications of this are pretty worrying. Local spikes are going to happen and our government don't give me any confidence they will know how to deal with them based on this evidence.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, holyfox said:

I understand that the hospital numbers have increased from a couple of doctors I know. As someone who is from the BAME community and involved in wider community work, although there has been talk of targeted testing recently within the BAME community, that certainly hasn’t happened yet. 
mai the rise has not been because of additional focused testing, rather the additional testing facilities have been put in place in the hotspot to make testing accessible more easily and identify and track/ control the spread.

hope that helps

Ok, what are the figures ? Are they expected to be released in the next few days as the “official” figures/feedback seem contrary. Just out of interest if Dr’s are aware of figures why is it taking so long to release those figures to the public, that’s something I’ve always wondered during this whole time. 

Do you think it’s covered only parts of Leicester ? I ask because do parts of Leicester, some traders etc. Have genuine arguments to ensure it’s not a city/county wide lockdown of hospitality industry.

33 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ok, what are the figures ? Are they expected to be released in the next few days as the “official” figures/feedback seem contrary. Just out of interest if Dr’s are aware of figures why is it taking so long to release those figures to the public, that’s something I’ve always wondered during this whole time. 

Do you think it’s covered only parts of Leicester ? I ask because do parts of Leicester, some traders etc. Have genuine arguments to ensure it’s not a city/county wide lockdown of hospitality industry.

These figures are from the Mercury by area.

The Figures and locations speak for themselves.  Referring to my first response on this topic, it’s pretty obvious what has lead to this increase in the first two weeks of June.

68AE2E66-03A9-40FC-B532-5D5492AA4644.png

17 minutes ago, holyfox said:

These figures are from the Mercury by area.

The Figures and locations speak for themselves.  Referring to my first response on this topic, it’s pretty obvious what has lead to this increase in the first two weeks of June.

68AE2E66-03A9-40FC-B532-5D5492AA4644.png

Sorry what I was asking is what are the hospital figures of the increases in testing within hospitals. I am trying to understand how the above figures have come about. My thought process was that it wasn’t from increased hospital visits m but from individual testing via the trace and track (or whatever they call it). So with the apparent increase, do you know what this increase in hospital attendances are ?

5 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

If this goes ahead then surely it includes all the Leicester Urban area? The boundary will be where the houses stop and the countryside starts.So Wigston to Syston,Scraptoft to Braunstone and everything in between.

You would think so though it is hard to see how just maintaining the situation we have now will lead to a reduction in numbers infected. Surely, retracting some of the loosening of constrictions needs to be reversed. ie closing down non essential shops for 2 weeks. Reducing the numbers on public transport for eg.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Sorry what I was asking is what are the hospital figures of the increases in testing within hospitals. I am trying to understand how the above figures have come about. My thought process was that it wasn’t from increased hospital visits m but from individual testing via the trace and track (or whatever they call it). So with the apparent increase, do you know what this increase in hospital attendances are ?

Sorry, I don’t think anyone has published the breakdown between increase in positive case and increase in hospital attendances. 
mad far as track and trace is concerned, I haven’t heard anyone mention that in any of the community chat, but whatever that effect is, it would surely be similar around the country.

what I suspect will happen is that with the mobile units being pulled into Highfields etc, more people will get tested than otherwise and this further distorting the figures for the next couple of weeks at least.

The hospital Drs haven’t given us any figures but they have definitely said that there was an increase in numbers coming in from these areas.

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

You would think so though it is hard to see how just maintaining the situation we have now will lead to a reduction in numbers infected. Surely, retracting some of the loosening of constrictions needs to be reversed. ie closing down non essential shops for 2 weeks. Reducing the numbers on public transport for eg.

Something like that you’d imagine.Nothing too drastic.Seems they’re desperate for a guinea pig though.

Just now, Heathrow fox said:

Something like that you’d imagine.Nothing too drastic.Seems they’re desperate for a guinea pig though.

It does doesn't it. Of course it is a non-tory area too though I'm sure that doesn't have an influence.