Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There is absolutely no justification for moving our games. The idea that Leicester has a further 2 weeks of existing restrictions means it’s the same as last week and this week (when we’ve played two home  games). 

It's not. All non-essential shops closed. All non-essential travel in and out of the city stopped.

It's not same as it was. It's back to a stricter lockdown.

Our players can't leave the city. Opposition players can't come into the city. I don't see how our game against Everton goes ahead.

Shame for everyone in Leicester, especially those that might have recently been taken off furlough. My parents were meant to be coming up to visit this weekend, not sure what the rules of the extended lockdown are but I imagine they won't come now. 

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Whilst you may be right to a certain degree, there are plenty of white and other ethnic groups that are just as guilty of ignoring lockdown measures. I do think the massive amount of multi-generation households in leicester has allowed it to spread far easier to the vulnerable.

There undoubtedly morons in all communities. But the postcode stats don't lie and nor do my own eyes from what I've seen of my neighbours and my parents neighbours.

There are vast sections of the Asian community that have totally ignored social distancing and social bubbles since day 1. Rules are for other people in many people's eyes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It's not. All non-essential shops closed. All non-essential travel in and out of the city stopped.

Our players can't leave the city. Opposition players can't come into the city. I don't see how our game against Everton goes ahead.

Are the players actually staying in the city? Measures dont come in until Thursday so time to pack up and ship out if they are.

Just now, StanSP said:

Guessing there's nothing stopping people from going to surrounding suburbs or to surrounding towns to do what they need to, and potentially spread it even more?

That’s exactly what will happen. No point doing it unless it’s enforced properly 

In the days after Boris did the "people will die" lockdown announcement in March, the law were pulling people over and asking them where they were going and what for.

And turning some people around.

I can imagine there will be more of that.

Stay safe everyone!

IMO this shows that softening lockdown measures was done too early, and confusing messaging didn't help matters. If you're really looking to blame someone, blame those running the country. Late to lockdown, no mandating of wearing masks and a lack of enforcing lockdown measures on a strict basis. Yes I know lockdown is miserable, but the point is to fully get the virus under control then go back to normality. Otherwise this happens.

You can also bet your backside that plenty will be traveling out of the city on Saturday to go out and have a drink. Re-opening pubs this early is just asking for trouble.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

WRT the football - the players are constantly being tested aren’t they? As long as positive tested players are told to self isolate, so not travelling with the team, why would our game not go ahead? You can’t spread something you haven’t got. 

• Like 1

Just now, Manini said:

WRT the football - the players are constantly being tested aren’t they? As long as positive tested players are told to self isolate, so not travelling with the team, why would our game not go ahead? You can’t spread something you haven’t got. 

I agree, but optics are everything for this government and they might be worried that allowing a football match to go ahead in a city that's extending lockdown looks like taking the piss a bit.

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yes it’s a stricter set up than currently exists - back to pre mid June levels 

but I still doNt see the issue with the ‘KP bubble’ being used ...... 

3 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Isn’t oadby LE18?

i work in Wigston and have only been in my job for a month so won’t be entitled to furlough either

Wigston is LE18

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

I agree, but optics are everything for this government and they might be worried that allowing a football match to go ahead in a city that's extending lockdown looks like taking the piss a bit.

Travelling to Durham to supposedly test your eye sight during full lockdown is taking the piss, not just a bit either. Allowing 22 young athletes who have been tested negative to play a game of football under “project restart” (which they were desperate to get back by the way) just seems like common sense in comparison. I take your point though. 

Edited by Manini