Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

There undoubtedly morons in all communities. But the postcode stats don't lie and nor do my own eyes from what I've seen of my neighbours and my parents neighbours.

There are vast sections of the Asian community that have totally ignored social distancing and social bubbles since day 1. Rules are for other people in many people's eyes. 

There's a lot of truth to that - as you say the stats don't lie. I've seen a lot of this sort of thing go on in London with several other communities too such as Turkish, Kurdish, Polish, etc. But what I would say is that a much better job of communication and enforcement could have been done. There are a lot of people in these communities that speak little to no English (another issue in itself, but I digress). In times like this prejudice has to be put aside and we need to help each other out, and here in London I've seen zero attempt from government or healthcare officials to get the message across to such communities. There are a few bus stop adverts translated into 20 languages but I mean genuinely reaching out to community leaders and forcing the message across.

You've got to remember that similar things have happened in other countries too, e.g. a French Catholic priest ended up having over 300 of his parishers get the virus because he refused to cancel Sunday service. This sort of thing sounds mental to me, but people of faith live their lives based around their place of worship so this sort of outbreak was obvious. Here in London, Brent / Neasden has some of the most cases in the capital for similar reasons. It was all too predictable.

Anyway once again I hope everyone stays safe and also don't feel bad for "grassing up" people you see flouting the rules. Everyone needs to work together to get through this. 

• Thanks 1

I don’t know how many social media posts I’ve seen of people saying ‘I’ll just go to Nottingham there’

Sections of the nation continually get told the rules and then immediately look how they can get round them. Just comply you ****ing idiots 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Looks like it's all just "advice" and nothing that can actually be enforced.

At the last relaxation of lockdown, the government removed the policing powers to fine etc. As such now, it’s meaningless if the Police try to stop you 

9 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Whatever your politics, not sacking Cummings for going to Durham because he felt like it just looks worse and worse.

Yeah because that is why we are having issues in leicester ain’t it, 

1 mans trip in March has caused a city at the end of June to be shut down 

If you wanted a scapegoat you could have picked the mayor and maybe you would have had a tad of plausibility 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Piss poor from the government. Leicester on extended lockdown, MPs saying outer parts of Leicester on lockdown too. Outer parts how far? Hinckley? Birmingham? Manchester?

Exactly he's alluded to a few areas by name and then referred to the rest of the county in general

54 minutes ago, holyfox said:

Sorry, I don’t think anyone has published the breakdown between increase in positive case and increase in hospital attendances. 
mad far as track and trace is concerned, I haven’t heard anyone mention that in any of the community chat, but whatever that effect is, it would surely be similar around the country.

what I suspect will happen is that with the mobile units being pulled into Highfields etc, more people will get tested than otherwise and this further distorting the figures for the next couple of weeks at least.

The hospital Drs haven’t given us any figures but they have definitely said that there was an increase in numbers coming in from these areas.

You see and that’s where I am concerned. If this infection has spread over the city and continues to do so, it’s will be difficult to contain if we are picking and choosing areas because it just so happens that one area has been tested more so then the other. It could be that the increase in cases could’ve come from one of the many factory units and has spread across another community (I.e. two people on different areas catching it and going home) and we are none the wiser. 

the problem is that you have idiots who immediately jump on a bandwagon of the them and us profiling and for me the testing units at this time need to be spread right across the city. I think there’s one in Evington and Spinney Hill park but we need one in every other possible area. 

it would be different if the cases all or the vast majority came specifically from hospital admissions and not from the track and trace - it’s easier to narrow it down to one community. The track and trace system has a flaw in that a community could quite possibly be missed simply because there is not a lot of testing. 

with what has just been announced, the city and a lot of its sole traders, people and children will be very much down after this two week period. We need to ensure we lead the way going forward. We need to get the numbers down and keep them down for here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah because that is why we are having issues in leicester ain’t it, 

1 mans trip in March has caused a city at the end of June to be shut down 

If you wanted a scapegoat you could have picked the mayor and maybe you would have had a tad of plausibility 

Not sacking him undermined the authority of all of the stay safe messages which had been issued up to then, and turned the easing of lockdown into more of a free for all over recent weeks.

If you cant see that, and instead want to blame the mayor, then we are viewing the world differently.

• Like 4

A lot of the outrage I’m seeing on social media originates from the fact that portions of Leicester’s population hasn’t followed the rules. 

Im not talking protests or anything like that either. I’m seeing people on social media moan about this lockdown yet a week ago they were in someone’s house having a beer or similar. 

The origin of their feeling is a manifestation of their failure to comply. 

• Like 3