Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

10 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Piss poor from the government. Leicester on extended lockdown, MPs saying outer parts of Leicester on lockdown too. Outer parts how far? Hinckley? Birmingham? Manchester?

I only live 100 yards from a pub in Warwickshire, that’s going to be like the poor kid at Xmas watching the rich kids on their new bikes from his bedroom window.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

People from Leicester would have visited lots places during the recent heat wave. A lot of regions looking nervously at their stats I imagine. 

It’s almost like the government have ****ed up and not acted quick enough yet again. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

A lot of the outrage I’m seeing on social media originates from the fact that portions of Leicester’s population hasn’t followed the rules. 

Im not talking protests or anything like that either. I’m seeing people on social media moan about this lockdown yet a week ago they were in someone’s house having a beer or similar. 

The origin of their feeling is a manifestation of their failure to comply. 

Sorry pal the protesters were breaking rules to, how many got infected from that i wonder

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

A lot of the outrage I’m seeing on social media originates from the fact that portions of Leicester’s population hasn’t followed the rules. 

Im not talking protests or anything like that either. I’m seeing people on social media moan about this lockdown yet a week ago they were in someone’s house having a beer or similar. 

The origin of their feeling is a manifestation of their failure to comply. 

Honestly it’s easy to get angry but this is just by chance after a couple of undetected outbreaks probably from factories. Leicester won’t be the last area to return to lockdown sadly. 

Should have gone further. All non-essential business should be closed as well as shops. Travel banned over a distance of more than say 5 miles and pubs etc across the county not allowed to re-open.

The figures we have seen are clear there is a significant problem in the city and every chance it will spread countwide if not stamped out quickly.

People need to get used to local lockdowns. This is the new normal. Leicester most likely won't be the first or the last.

The government, for once, needs to show complete clarity on what people in Leicester can and can't do. For eg can you still meet a family member in the garden even if ti means going inside the house? Can places of worship still stay open for private prayer and so on and so.

The devil will be in the detail but it will need spelling out clealry.

• Like 1

So Soulsby's spent all day doing media interviews telling people the stats aren't bad, and we don't need a lockdown and it won't help, and now the lockdown's extended, what is the chance people are going to obey it when the dear leader has told everyone here that is unnecessary? Cummings should absolutely have gone, but Soulsby's has been massively irresponsible today. He's shown appallingly bad leadership today. He should go.

• Like 3

Baffles me that they can announce things like this but not have the core answers to questions such as which exact areas and how it will be enforced. 

I drive from Sileby to Thurmaston 5-6 days a week for work  ever since lockdown in March and I didn't get stopped or saw anyone else even when there were only a handful of cars on the road. 

As others have said people will spread out in to the county for shops and restaurants. 

It is a bit ridiculous, an unpoliced  lockdown in Leicester is only going to go in one direction, and that’s the same direction of every exit route out of the city. So if you bunch of lepers are thinking of escaping, wear a bell round your neck.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If that map is genuine then the pubs in Syston will be getting a whole lot busier on Saturday. I live in Leicester but am a 10 minute walk from Anstey which is also outside the area

EDIT . Tweet now disappeared 

Edited by The Syrup
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

If that map is genuine then the pubs in Syston will be getting a whole lot busier on Saturday. I live in Leicester but am a 10 minute walk from Anstey which is also outside the area

EDIT . Tweet now disappeared 

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Deleted!

Which is why I qualified with the ‘genuine’ comment .....looked a bit odd to have places like syston and anstey not included ..... would it surprise you though ????