Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Everton (A) pre match

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

The problem we have at present is that most of us, I suspect, don’t believe we’ll win tonight.

We are back in that mind-set of having very little confidence and watching a completely different team to the one we watched earlier in the season.

Perhaps most worrying is that this is pretty much the same set of players we’ve had all season. Ricardo aside, we have very few injuries to blame our lack of form on.

We need some sort of result tonight. Not only for the points but for our confidence.

It’s almost like the players have lost faith in Rodgers?...

Bizarre

...He does come across as a used car salesman!!!

I watched an interview prior to the restart and it is noticeable how much he avoids eye contact. He looks every where searching for the right words but will not hold eye contact.

It wouldn't matter how much you want to buy into his ideas there is the innate lack of trust that comes from him.

I think the system has been found out by the other teams in the league, that is why our form has been so poor since Christmas. Let us have the ball now and it's only a matter of time before we give it back. I don't think the players have turned bad or can't play the system anymore I just think it's all to slow and predictable. I'd love to see us come out tonight and go at them from the off. Go all out attack, quick passing and get at them. Bringing back the high energy press and force them onto mistakes, get a lead then use the subs to save players legs for the next one. 

On my way to school and will occasionally be thinking about possible line ups during my break time

I hate how obsessed I am with this club. But really I'd go for 

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans       Praet

Perez

Vardy        Iheanacho

Our wingers are not at it at the moment so just get players who know where the goal is on the pitch

55 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The problem we have at present is that most of us, I suspect, don’t believe we’ll win tonight.

We are back in that mind-set of having very little confidence and watching a completely different team to the one we watched earlier in the season.

Perhaps most worrying is that this is pretty much the same set of players we’ve had all season. Ricardo aside, we have very few injuries to blame our lack of form on.

We need some sort of result tonight. Not only for the points but for our confidence.

It’s almost like the players have lost faith in Rodgers?...

Bizarre

To me it seems at the start he projected the "big club" manager auru which raised the players confidence and made them play like a top 4 team.  They approached every game with a winning mentality.

That confidence got shattered in 2 games, and Rodgers has failed to re-implement it, and seems to have no plan B.

We basically now playing like a typical side in the bottom half, happy to get draws with the occasional win, small club mentality again.

Edited by Chrysalis

Some of you lot need to have a paracetamol and a cuddle with your significant other.

Anyone reading the sad stuff in this thread would think we lost the last two league games 5-0 and were sitting bottom of the league.

If we win tonight, doubtless we'll be world beaters again. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I would rather have a points average of 1.5 and lose the last game 5-0, then a points average of 1 and draw the last game 0-0.

Although looking at the last 10 games our ppg is 1.0 as well, so that is not a 2 game run stat. 1 ppg form is just about survival. 

I think we on track for 62 points.

Edited by Chrysalis

Kasper is good at saving them, if only it was 7/1 to just get a everton penalty, where are the odds for that?

Could put a bet on both the score and miss though, if the score comes in a still 3.5/1 win, or 9/1 win if kasper saves, tempting.

Edited by Chrysalis

Our attacking 4 or 5 players need to cop on. I know Brendan is getting a lot of stick. But there will be 4+ players on the park today tasked with creating goals or scoring them. Post lockdown they've all been shite. No creativity, no clinical shooting - nothing. So yes BR needs to motivate them. But those lads need to wake up and justify there huge salaries.

I think we should try to press them out of the game. Everton's biggest weakness is their midfield. They won't be expecting a really hard press and Ancelotti will be setting Everton up for more of what we served up the past couple games. If we pressed really hard, starting off with maybe a midfield of Hamza, Ndidi, Praet and just told them to expend all their energy in 45' minutes, then bringing on Tielemans and Maddison, taking advantage of the 5 subs rule, we could completely floor them.

Maybe, I don't know anything about football really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Some of you lot need to have a paracetamol and a cuddle with your significant other.

Anyone reading the sad stuff in this thread would think we lost the last two league games 5-0 and were sitting bottom of the league.

If we win tonight, doubtless we'll be world beaters again. :rolleyes:

Perfectly reasonable questions given the circumstances? We do look a different team?

And we DO need a result tonight to achieve some sort of bounce back.

Or are you content just to watch us dive out of the Champions League spots?

If ever there was a time to stand up and be counted, it is tonight. A loss against Everton and we can probably kiss goodbye to Champions League with the other teams around us in top form.

This is where we see which players are hungry to play for Leicester and who is hungry to achieve. Brendan has to get this spot on and he needs to get the team fired up. Everton are no mugs and we will come away with nothing unless we go at this. I cannot bare to see another toothless, gutless performance.

The last time it felt this negative was before the Villa home game when we blasted them 4 zip. Everyone else had played their round of games and closed the gap to 5 points, we'd not won in yonks and Vardy hadn't scored since Bruce Jenner had a chopper and pressure was on. We delivered. We need to do the same tonight, as Finners said this is a cup final. We must win.

I think we need to look at least 11pts in our next 5 games so I think a draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

Ideally, we'd want to go into the Spurs and Man Utd games only needing draws at most.