Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Everton (A) pre match

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I will do everyone a favour tonight and not watch, likely to win then. 

I'll be doing this until the end of the season.

Perfectly happy just to check the full time score - we usually do better when I can't watch lol

• Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach

Couple of mistimed tackles by Mina on Vardy should see us OK. If gets a red even better 'cause being 7 foot tall he could cause us problems with corners

Edited by An Sionnach

25 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If only it were that simple...

When your doing well you need to keep adding to the squad over time. Instead we loaned Bennett who hasn’t kicked a ball yet. We was only going one way after Xmas. 

We pick our best available team and hope that’ll be good enough,

Absent Ricardo & probably Maddison, I’m not optimistic. And we don’t have anyone seeming capable of putting in a 6 or 7 out of 10 performance wide right, so often look like we’re playing with ten men. 

Alcohol will be required...

17 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We could start without Vardy, get Everton to press higher and come out a bit, then sub him on 30 mins in.

Much harder to switch tactics mid half again, might create some space in behind to exploit or give their back line mixed signals/disrupt their ability to press effectively 

I like your thinking, I'd maybe play him on the wing just to fvck up their gameplan and play Nacho in the centre. Then switch them a minute of two after the drinks break.

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We could start without Vardy, get Everton to press higher and come out a bit, then sub him on 30 mins in.

Much harder to switch tactics mid half again, might create some space in behind to exploit or give their back line mixed signals/disrupt their ability to press effectively 

This is basically Wolves tactic at the moment. Create very little for 60 mins, bring on someone everyones terrified of, win the game. 

48 minutes ago, SmuelMartin said:

Myself, Dan Turner and Dan Sharpe recorded an episode for Foxes Fancast in build up to the game.

First one I’ve done with Leicester fans so would be interested to hear your thoughts!

bit.ly/FoxesFancastApple

Half way through it now, good conversation!

I am however now doubting myself... one of the Dan's has just called Ndidi 'Endidi'.... it's 'ndeedee' right!?

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Half way through it now, good conversation!

I am however now doubting myself... one of the Dan's has just called Ndidi 'Endidi'.... it's 'ndeedee' right!?

That’s a very good question. 

I pronounce it ndeedee, so I hope we’re both right! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

When your doing well you need to keep adding to the squad over time. Instead we loaned Bennett who hasn’t kicked a ball yet. We was only going one way after Xmas. 

I don't disagree with the premise of what you say - my point is that acquiring the right players, especially in January, is far from simple.

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't disagree with the premise of what you say - my point is that acquiring the right players, especially in January, is far from simple.

I get that but we need to be better at it and if it means paying more so be it. The money we’ll lose falling out the top 4 will be very costly now. Plus its very embarrassing for the club to be there all season and since January let’s face it we’ve looked bottom half at best. No strength in depth. 

Edited by dannythefox

1 hour ago, SmuelMartin said:

Myself, Dan Turner and Dan Sharpe recorded an episode for Foxes Fancast in build up to the game.

First one I’ve done with Leicester fans so would be interested to hear your thoughts!

bit.ly/FoxesFancastApple

Good listen this, nice one. Will check out your previous ones with the players. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

To me it seems at the start he projected the "big club" manager auru which raised the players confidence and made them play like a top 4 team.  They approached every game with a winning mentality.

That confidence got shattered in 2 games, and Rodgers has failed to re-implement it, and seems to have no plan B.

We basically now playing like a typical side in the bottom half, happy to get draws with the occasional win, small club mentality again.

..we keep coming back to the Liverpool and Man.City games as when the confidence was sucked out of us!!!!

The only reason that I can see why those two games could have impacted on the team, was, that on both occasions, we did not turn up, as Rodgers implemented a strategy completely opposed to how we had played before. This only served to point to the team that Rodgers did not believe that his team could match up to both Liverpool or Man. City and all that said to our team before setting foot on the pitch,was, "you are not good enough".

If it was just being beaten by a better team having put in your best performance then all you want to do is play them again. No pretender, having lost to the champion, does not want an immediate rematch, you don't go into hibernation and give up.

That is why I believe that it was not the results, but the managers approach to the games which have made the players question what he actually believed of them.

As for a plan B, no he hasn't got one.

2 hours ago, SmuelMartin said:

bit.ly/FoxesFancastApple

Do you have a link for Android users ?

I like the idea of Nacho in front and Vardy hitting the sides but we need dennis the menace getting up close and hitting the forward balls .Something different Brendan seems to a Margaret Thatcher at present extremely conservative.We need to win this Man U goal difference is getting better game by game .

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

If only it were that simple...

Its simple enough for the other 19 clubs in the league.

If you fail to recruit the Head of recruitment has failed, end of.

People who say its to difficult to buy in the window are those that just look for an excuse.