Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Man City fan that has been employed by Man City themselves at times in the past (including this season).

I still believe that Man City are trying to put out positive statements in the hope they can keep their players happy and keep sponsors paying. Make it sound like they are being hard done by.

I would be gobsmacked if they are completely exonerated. 

He's apparently quite reliable.

If you want some crumbs of comfort we were making similar noises ahead of our Silva transfer appeal.....and that went well.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Either way man city are between a rock and a hard place. Get exonerated and the rest of the clubs will say **** this it’s open season Ffp is done and man city will be hated from now on. Lose and they are still cheats. Do us as a respectable club want this shit? Let’s do our best and see where it takes us 

Can't see it myself, I doubt UEFA would take on one of the most wealthy clubs in the world without a tight case! 

The would have learnt from the PSG and Milan cases! 

I'm still expecting a bit of a compromise, with a 1 year ban, Man City get let if a bit and UEFA save face!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

"sounding like" 

"Nothing confirmed yet"

"we may find out tomorrow or Monday" 

Very vague, Wouldn't get too worked up till there's an official announcement. 

Worth mentioning a journo with strong links to Man City claimed two days before the announcement of the ban that there was no punishment forthcoming. Could quite simple a case of the club releasing info to local journos, so their fans scream murder 

I’d not read into it until someone who isn’t heavily linked with Manchester City and has some genuine insight starts claiming they are going to get off. Then it’s time to worry.

CAS are also an independent entity who have nothing to do with the footballing governing bodies (or “the system” as some like call it)  who in this case have done everything they can to make sure the bans upheld. So conspiracy theories are pointless.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

20 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He's apparently quite reliable.

If you want some crumbs of comfort we were making similar noises ahead of our Silva transfer appeal.....and that went well.

Yes but that was us and this is Man City. We're not a small minnow by any stretch these days but they are a genuine footballing superpower and it probably causes too much aggro to go against their wishes with all the counter sueing and so on, funding from United Arab Emirates being withheld etc, basically they're too powerful to punish.

If true, is it really a bad thing ? If we qualify for the europa, that probably is our level. Our squad has struggled with two domestic cups in which we advanced to the later stages and maintaining our league position. We are not a champions league squad/team yet. We may lose one or two in the summer as a result and will probably have to change a few of our targets but if we can’t qualify for champs league via the top 4 position, without being reliant on a ban of another team, we should not be in the competition. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If true, is it really a bad thing ? If we qualify for the europa, that probably is our level. Our squad has struggled with two domestic cups in which we advanced to the later stages and maintaining our league position. We are not a champions league squad/team yet. We may lose one or two in the summer as a result and will probably have to change a few of our targets but if we can’t qualify for champs league via the top 4 position, without being reliant on a ban of another team, we should not be in the competition. 

It’s just money isn’t it that’s the only thing. 

I do agree as a  4th seeded team in the CL it’s going to be a bit of a painful watch.

• Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

I don’t get this ‘if we don’t finish in the top 4 we don’t deserve it’ narrative. We are significantly over achieving because financially it is not a level playing field. The team chasing us paid 80m for one of our players like it was nothing. 

Of course we shouldn’t be as good and this was our chance to try and close the gap.  We’ve done great and yes we struggled to keep it up because simply we can’t afford the depth our rivals have. 

I’m proud of us whatever happens but this is a real kick in the teeth. 

Agreed, Chelsea and Man Utd have got the cheque book out to get their recent run of good form. I'm proud of the boys and whatever anyone says they have been brilliant.

• Thanks 1

It would be disappointing to bottle it from where we were 6 months ago, but Europa League (straight into the group, no pissing about with 6 qualifiers before the season starts) and a Vardy golden boot is still a cracking season.

Not being able to go to the games will soften the blow anyway- it won't be anything like as special as it could have been under normal circumstances.

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

The fact that anyone is saying they’d rather see us in the Europa League is baffling to me.

I wouldn’t care if we were a 4th seed and got 3 big teams, would be good to see Barca/Real etc at the King Power, as long as we didn’t embarrass ourselves then why would anyone want Europa over those nights? 

Well at the moment we can’t even go, so the whole being there special night thing is out of the window.

Also considering current form we probably are going to embarrass ourselves 😂.

For me it’s more a consolation point anyway, obviously I’d prefer a CL place, even as 4th seeds I reckon we could get third and end up in the KO’s of the Europa potentially anyway.

• Like 1