Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

Just now, Ric Flair said:

CAS owe us for the Silva debacle

If we consider how they handled that particular issue, it shows they're beyond pedantic when it comes to the rules. In other words, CAS will be going in dry. Prepare your anus, Pep.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kings_knockaers said:

Interestingly this was the latest from paddy power yesterday - doesn’t seem like a done deal to me:

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2020/07/09/odds-tumble-on-guardiolas-pepxit-with-man-citys-day-of-reckoning-on-the-horizon/

MAN CITY CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BAN APPEAL ODDS

4/5 To be banned for one year instead of two
6/4 To be officially banned for the next two years from Champions League
7/4 Pep Guardiola to leave the club this summer
3/1 To win 19/20 Champions League
8/1 To win their appeal (and not be banned)
8/1 To lose their appeal, and Kevin de Bruyne to leave
12/1 To win the Champions League in 22/23
50/1 To win their appeal, then go on and win next year’s Champions League

Anyone got a link directly to those PaddyPower odds? Been on the site and can’t find them 

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

High horse? You tell me where I'm wrong? 

Short memory obviously. 

Just enjoy the ride you can't influence how we play at all. Yes you can have an opinion but just enjoy the rough with the smooth. If you cant support them through the bad you don't deserve the good. 

Moaning misgogs,cant understand or reach that support towards an higher plain...

My Valiant high Horse rides and gallops easily over the cantankerous excuses declaring ones rights to  opinions....

support is an opinion-freezone. Support  is blind  faith ,fearless in the could be situations. Support is denying reality until the last whistle brings the curtain down.l

And Heyo silver..!!!   Theres always Next season...

Leicester City managers and team,don make poor descisions,or selections...We all Add up at the EOS,who had the various dastardly,cunning plans........

Simples:scarf:

42 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Anyone got a link directly to those PaddyPower odds? Been on the site and can’t find them 

They have an article on their website saying the above yesterday but I’m not sure they have odds.

This is vile, why did we have to be so crap and blow our lead?

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Each of the big leagues has four qualifying sides. they are allowed an extra club IF the winner of the Europa or CL isn’t in the top four. In the unlikely event that both of these things happened then only the top three would get into the CL as the max number is five 

I think you misunderstood my question.

You have XX amount of clubs qualifying for the CL, X amount from each league, + CL winner + Europa winner.

So if some seasons the CL winner and Europa winner is already qualifying within league standing doesnt that create an issue with overall numbers not matching up? Thats why I assumed it wouldnt go out of league placing quota.  Or do they just grant some extra places from elsewhere in this situation to make up the numbers?

Edited by Chrysalis

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm sorry, but you may be pedantic but lack intellect..

Jose would be the Hispanic equivalent of Joe. Juan is John.

Touche.

I thought Juan was the most popular name in Spain...I thought wrong then. Thanks for making me aware of my intellectual deficiencies, I'll try harder next time.

What happens if Man City win the Champions League?! Does 5th qualify, even if they get reinstated? Or are we only allowed 4 teams? 

I’d say Manchester United are favourites to win the Europa League. How does that impact things? 

4 hours ago, Blue Collar said:

I thought Juan was the most popular name in Spain...I thought wrong then. Thanks for making me aware of my intellectual deficiencies, I'll try harder next time.

Hey dude. Apologies. I re read my post and it reads far more aggressive than I intended. 

It was supposed to be a light hearted dig back at your own light hearted dig at me. But I over egged it.

Peace x

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I think you misunderstood my question.

You have XX amount of clubs qualifying for the CL, X amount from each league, + CL winner + Europa winner.

So if some seasons the CL winner and Europa winner is already qualifying within league standing doesnt that create an issue with overall numbers not matching up? Thats why I assumed it wouldnt go out of league placing quota.  Or do they just grant some extra places from elsewhere in this situation to make up the numbers?

Elsewhere I believe ........just as if  CL becomes five I/o four, a place is reduced from elsewhere

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

His name is Ian Cheeseman, relax people

He is well informed at the etihaad 

22 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I dunno I think they will escape it all.

Based on what re that CAS release ??

if you are Man City and you want to be viewed as hard done by this whole procedure, what would you be doing now ahead of the decision - where would you want public expectation to be come Monday am ?

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Elsewhere I believe ........just as if  CL becomes five I/o four, a place is reduced from elsewhere

He is well informed at the etihaad 

Based on what re that CAS release ??

if you are Man City and you want to be viewed as hard done by this whole procedure, what would you be doing now ahead of the decision - where would you want public expectation to be come Monday am ?

Happens with transfers and most football media all the time.

Leaks happen.

Can see Man Shitty getting away with it because money always talks.

Ask OJ

17 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Happens with transfers and most football media all the time.

Leaks happen.

Can see Man Shitty getting away with it because money always talks.

Ask OJ

I was looking at the media profile .......  If you were the Man City owner, what would you want the expectation to be over the weekend ......

there are currently three probable outcomes 

come Monday morning there will be one!

im just looking at how leaking that the ban will be overturned affects the way the club is perceived based on the three above outcomes

so if people think the club are getting off and the decision is that the ban is upheld or partly upheld are Man City seen as being dicked by the authorities 

of course it may be that the ban is being overturned and it’s simply leaked out ........is that 8/1 still available ????

2 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

I just don't see the point in UEFA/FIFA handing out punishments. All clubs/players do is go to CAS and it gets overturned, ridiculous.

If they had clear rules and a transparent was of applying them then the cas would not disagree. The pl fa fifa uefa are all bumblers.  It is not surprising that they are often reigned in by cas 

• Like 1