Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

Why can't everyone resist getting themselves into a frenzy for just a few days until the official verdict actually comes out? Then you can scream into the abyss. Until now you're just giving oxygen to someone desperate to be pinned with the SCOOP.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel for these Twitter users, seriously.

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

5A267024-50BD-4BB8-B6DC-1E5B884EEBE7.png

How can they be completely exonerated?

They are clearly guilty and the illegally gathered emails prove that don't they?

CAS may throw the case out because of the way the emails were discovered but that doesn't 'completely exonerate' Man City.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

The fact that anyone is saying they’d rather see us in the Europa League is baffling to me.

I wouldn’t care if we were a 4th seed and got 3 big teams, would be good to see Barca/Real etc at the King Power, as long as we didn’t embarrass ourselves then why would anyone want Europa over those nights? 

That's the problem - we've embarrassed ourselves against Man City and Liverpool already this season. Plus Rodgers hasn't got the best record in European games. 

2 hours ago, Hales said:

Agreed, Chelsea and Man Utd have got the cheque book out to get their recent run of good form. I'm proud of the boys and whatever anyone says they have been brilliant.

5 subs rule has helped them on their way. It's only fair the cheque book clubs are given the best advantage. 

If it is overturned, to be frank, its an outrage. Not because we may miss out but because they've broken the rules, been found guilty and they're not going to get in trouble for it. Does anyone know if the overall ban will be overturned or the two years ban which may change to one year. 

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Well this will serve us right for being absolutely spineless for almost half a season.

You don't get it do you.

Our squad was always going to struggle to keep up with them. We have a good team not a good squad. The likes of Man City Chelsea etc could play 2 teams at the same time and compete at the top. 

As I and many others have said we are punching above our weight and unbelievable with 4 games to go it's still in our own hands. 

Winning the league really has ruined apart of our fan base. 

• Like 2

They will absolutely be cleared of all bans and will probably receive a petty fine. Money speaks, and I’m absolutely sure those whom invest in city would have already lined the pockets of certain influential people to have it seen to they aren’t banned. Sounds a bit like a trump enthusiast, but football is probably the most corrupt thing outside of America.  

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They will absolutely be cleared of all bans and will probably receive a petty fine. Money speaks, and I’m absolutely sure those whom invest in city would have already lined the pockets of certain influential people to have it seen to they aren’t banned. Sounds a bit like a trump enthusiast, but football is probably the most corrupt thing outside of America.  

The only thing is that AC Milan, still had a reduced ban and apparently Man City’s offences were more severe. I can only hope that these tweets are inaccurate.

Interestingly this was the latest from paddy power yesterday - doesn’t seem like a done deal to me:

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2020/07/09/odds-tumble-on-guardiolas-pepxit-with-man-citys-day-of-reckoning-on-the-horizon/

MAN CITY CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BAN APPEAL ODDS

4/5 To be banned for one year instead of two
6/4 To be officially banned for the next two years from Champions League
7/4 Pep Guardiola to leave the club this summer
3/1 To win 19/20 Champions League
8/1 To win their appeal (and not be banned)
8/1 To lose their appeal, and Kevin de Bruyne to leave
12/1 To win the Champions League in 22/23
50/1 To win their appeal, then go on and win next year’s Champions League

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kings_knockaers said:

Interestingly this was the latest from paddy power yesterday - doesn’t seem like a done deal to me:

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2020/07/09/odds-tumble-on-guardiolas-pepxit-with-man-citys-day-of-reckoning-on-the-horizon/

MAN CITY CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BAN APPEAL ODDS

4/5 To be banned for one year instead of two
6/4 To be officially banned for the next two years from Champions League
7/4 Pep Guardiola to leave the club this summer
3/1 To win 19/20 Champions League
8/1 To win their appeal (and not be banned)
8/1 To lose their appeal, and Kevin de Bruyne to leave
12/1 To win the Champions League in 22/23
50/1 To win their appeal, then go on and win next year’s Champions League

Seems more like it to me.

As I said elsewhere I’ve heard from a former member of their sponsorship team that they aren’t confident of escaping punishment.

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Man city aren't part of the euro elite. Never will be. They aren't box office

I'd actually go as far to claim that your average footballing Joe in Spain, Serbia or Slovakia would be more interested in us than them. 

Juan...sorry for being pedantic...pedantico.