Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

i’m glad we are relying on a Man City employee for our info.

i mean, it definitely wasn’t me speeding that day in my car near my work, and i’m sure the judge will completely exonerate me...

4 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I did used to feel that if we don't make top four it would be a big cock up by the team but when you look at the squads of Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and the money thrown around by the likes of Everton who always seem to snaffle the players we are after.

Having so many games in quick succession only highlights how poor our squad is. 

The fact that we held on to third for so long is nothing short of remarkable.

...I have to disagree!!!

The fact that we have a lesser squad is not the reason why we find ourselves in this situation. We were poor before the restart and that is where we lost it. The fact that we did not have a Plan B is also a big factor in this and we should not be looking for excuses and fail to address the obvious shortcomings.

It’ll be a travesty if they get away with the Ban it’ll show how corrupt certain football institutions are, they need to set an example for wrong doings otherwise what’s the point of setting rules when a few back handlers can bend the rules ?

This hopefully will be upheld allowing that extra place to go to someone who deserves a CL because of their performances not the size of the envelope or continually breaking rules?

10 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Should United win the Europa 5th could effectively be up for Champions League place. Unless I'm wrong on that?

Dont think so ... I’m sure it’s only top four and possibly fifth team from one country if a club wins the CL or Europa league but is not in top four 

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Dont think so ... I’m sure it’s only top four and possibly fifth team from one country if a club wins the CL or Europa league but is not in top four 

Wouldnt they want to keep the amount of qualified teams consistent?

16 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Wouldnt they want to keep the amount of qualified teams consistent?

Each of the big leagues has four qualifying sides. they are allowed an extra club IF the winner of the Europa or CL isn’t in the top four. In the unlikely event that both of these things happened then only the top three would get into the CL as the max number is five 

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

You don't get it do you.

Our squad was always going to struggle to keep up with them. We have a good team not a good squad. The likes of Man City Chelsea etc could play 2 teams at the same time and compete at the top. 

As I and many others have said we are punching above our weight and unbelievable with 4 games to go it's still in our own hands. 

Winning the league really has ruined apart of our fan base. 

EDIT: Deleted most of it cuz I'll probably get a ban.

Get off your high horse mate, it's a forum of opinions, doesn't make you any better of a fan than any of us who believe we've bottled it because we've let a 15 point gap go in 10 games.

:nigel:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Man City wont get exonerated as there is too much at stake for European football as a whole. It's like the caster semenya saga in terms of the after effects. Man city will be held accountable for the wrongs they have done and not get away with it just because of a technicality. If it was for just a technicality then CAS wouldve thrown it out in the beginning, they are an arbitration founded and judged by law are they not.

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Man City wont get exonerated as there is too much at stake for European football as a whole. It's like the caster semenya saga in terms of the after effects. Man city will be held accountable for the wrongs they have done and not get away with it just because of a technicality. If it was for just a technicality then CAS wouldve thrown it out in the beginning, they are an arbitration founded and judged by law are they not.

If there is a technicality they will still have to investigate and that doesn’t necessarily happen directly after the initial hearing.

Just now, Ricey said:

If there is a technicality they will still have to investigate and that doesn’t necessarily happen directly after the initial hearing.

That's incorrect. Courts of law (or CAS) doesn't work that way. If it was a civil court with technical discrepancies then a judge/recorder will likely throw an argument before even thinking about entertaining a hearing. And this isnt an initial hearing, it's a full appeal submission thats gone all the way into a full conclusion. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

That's incorrect. Courts of law (or CAS) doesn't work that way. If it was a civil court with technical discrepancies then a judge/recorder will likely throw an argument before even thinking about entertaining a hearing. And this isnt an initial hearing, it's a full appeal submission thats gone all the way into a full conclusion. 

But in this instance the appeal and the technicality go hand in hand. CAS take time will all their judgements. They weren’t going to rule in Man City’s favour due to the technicality instantly after the hearing.

29 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Very true. However, on appeal, the judgement passed would can also be re-assessed. This is where they get out on judgement, while not being exonerated. The argument I suspect being led by Simon Cliff and his team, is that judgement passed i.e. the two year ban was excessive and the hope would be to reduce to 1 year. They’ve pulled a rabbit out the hat if they’ve argued an entire ban in Europe is excessive and should just be a larger fine....everyone wins (except Leicester of course). I think this argument has merit. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

EDIT: Deleted most of it cuz I'll probably get a ban.

Get off your high horse mate, it's a forum of opinions, doesn't make you any better of a fan than any of us who believe we've bottled it because we've let a 15 point gap go in 10 games.

:nigel:

High horse? You tell me where I'm wrong? 

Short memory obviously. 

Just enjoy the ride you can't influence how we play at all. Yes you can have an opinion but just enjoy the rough with the smooth. If you cant support them through the bad you don't deserve the good. 

6 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

High horse? You tell me where I'm wrong? 

Short memory obviously. 

Just enjoy the ride you can't influence how we play at all. Yes you can have an opinion but just enjoy the rough with the smooth. If you cant support them through the bad you don't deserve the good. 

Who's not supporting them? Still got my ST, still go plenty of away days, doesn't make any of us a better fan than the other.

15 points clear, our strongest 11 played in most of the games we failed to win including the semi finals, all the other teams in the top 6 have had more games than us, including Wolves. Not only me that's saying it either. Had this been Spurs we'd have been laughing and calling them failures or bottlers.

• Like 2