Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

The only thing that annoys me about that is that they'll come straight back up by winning the Championship which will then set a record for most second tier titles won. We're currently drawn with them on 7.

That would be typical 

• Haha 3

I thought when l saw the Guardiola "puzzled as to how Chelsea are doing it" interview that its a bit like one thief complaining that a rival thief has stolen more loot!

I genuinely believe that expecting any sort of realistic punishment is on a par with the " if we lose this he's gone" fantasies.

Fifa and lnfantino wont want to be upsetting their paymasters (the sheiks) so

nothing will actually change because the powerful criminals who are stealing our game use their dirty money to glue the structure firmly in place.

And if by some miracle there is some justice then top lawyers will take their case to the CAS and get alternative justice.

I'm afraid money and oil buys a different set of rules in this world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Chelsea shouldn't be exempt from this. The steel propping up Stamford Bridge is the same steel destroying Ukraine as we speak. Having a fancy yank owner spaffing £600m in the last year is bad enough and shouldn't cleanse them of their own sportswashing and cheating.

I completely agree...I just thing the clubs in the league are more worried about Gulf oil states.

(Chelsea's new owners have placed a huge bet, and I think they are going to lose it, but that's a different story.)

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I completely agree...I just thing the clubs in the league are more worried about Gulf oil states.

(Chelsea's new owners have placed a huge bet, and I think they are going to lose it, but that's a different story.)

Absolutely, just a shame they weren't so concerned when Chelsea bought their way into "the elite" in the first place. Their complacency on Chelsea enabled Man City and Newcastle.

• Like 4

Hope they get a Rangers type punishment. How can ruling bodies harp on about sustainable spending whilst watching the top clubs spend billions on players and yet expect everyone else to go, ah well, nothing we can do about it. At least we'll end up less reliant on oil!

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Chelsea shouldn't be exempt from this. The steel propping up Stamford Bridge is the same steel destroying Ukraine as we speak. Having a fancy yank owner spaffing £600m in the last year is bad enough and shouldn't cleanse them of their own sportswashing and cheating.

Quite. Compared to Chelsea’s spending over the past year, City look pragmatic by comparison.

The Guardian has a good and fairly in-depth analysis here. It's interesting that the PL has referrred the matter (involving over a hundred rule-breaches over an eight-year period) to the independent commission. This should prevent other likely suspects (Chelsea, Newcastle) from acting to protect Man City. It could be fun (depending how quickly the independent commission acts).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

by the time they’ve dragged this the courts here and CAS, we’ll all be dead and buried …

in addition, how many of the PL clubs that effectively set the rules of the league are squeaky clean ?  

can’t see this being anything other than a big fine and a possible self inflicted transfer ban ….

Other clubs may have broken FFP rules, but i think the important charges are against not submitting details of how much they've paid their manager and players, a bit like cash in hand fraud.

football needs a overhaul in terms of finances, greed and bringing the England team up to scratch 

for me 

maximum 100m net spend per season on transfers , this would bring transfer prices down or limit bigger teams to only a couple of players 

maximum wage of whole squad per week 

3 home grown players must be in the starting line up 

agents set fee of 5 per cent for any transfer they are successful with 

signing on fee can be no more than 5 per cent of the transfer fee 

cap on performance related payments . to stop paying silly money per goal or clean sheet 

Needs to be worldwide so never going to happen but something needs to be done to level the playing field 

5 minutes ago, J. James said:

This thread started in July 2020, see you all for the resolution - after their lawyers have taken the ball to he corner flag- in the year 2033!

But that's what you do, save all the stuff up over a long period of time and then hit them with the biggest penalty.

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Other clubs may have broken FFP rules, but i think the important charges are against not submitting details of how much they've paid their manager and players, a bit like cash in hand fraud.

It seems a lot of their sponsors/partners also don't actually exist, too.

• Like 1