Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

The Champions League has just announced its wish to refer to "historic performance" to help big clubs qualify.

Not so keen on the history of good governance, probity or fair play, though, eh?

If that were us we’d been thrown to the lions, it’s amazing how these clubs get away with so much that they feel they’re untouchable just wondering  now if they do win the champions league whether the other teams in the competition will push for an investigation to be bought against Man City ?

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

The Champions League has just announced its wish to refer to "historic performance" to help big clubs qualify.

Not so keen on the history of good governance, probity or fair play, though, eh?

The fans and the club seem really up for the Europa and Conference Leagues. That is the future for me.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

No doubt by the time they are charged, CAS will rule that the misdemeanours are too historic to bring any sanctions against the club …..

We'll be hearing "this would only punish the players and fans which isnt fair" 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Pro-rated for two seasons? Yes please 

In all seriousness this league is so bent. Man C financial doping, Chelsea owned by Russia and now Newcastle owned by Saudi. The yanks half arsing it with Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal. It’s all ****ing boring as a result 

Yes, but the Chelsea thing sets a precedent. Saudi Arabia is (allegedly, for the lawyers) committing war crimes in Yemen. Newcastle isn't owned by a Saudi oligarch, it's owned by the freakin' government! Man C's financial doping is something of a unique obscene nature. I could see the other big clubs thinking it is in their best interest to see Man City go down for this: It's a preemptive strike against Newcastle, and -- with Chelsea being sold -- doesn't really affect the ownership of the other "big" clubs, and helps calm the premier league arms race. 

The whole system gets me, we, and a player were penalised for submitting paperwork 14 seconds late. The result was the player never really recovered from, we lose a player for 6 months. On the other hand blatant cheating and cooking the books is still being dragged out in courts 4 years later.

I do wonder, IF Man City are found guilty, if there is room for us to sue for lose of earnings?
if there 2 year Champions League ban had be upheld we would have qualified for the CL two years running and potentially made 100s of millions in tv deals, sponsorships, merchandise as well as the money for being in the competition.

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I have the same stance now as I did last time this came up - I don't think we as Leicester fans should want to see them punished for this and we should be careful how  much we kid ourselves that we're all that different. Our principal sponsor, of both shirts and stadium, for years was our own owners - do we not think they were and are doing that in order to inject more in to the club than FFP really allows? 

Have to disagree with the comparison - KP’s shirt and stadium deal was signed at market rate in the Championship - £4m - and remained in place for a full 10 years. Making it eventually way below our real value from 2016 onwards, until the Thailand Smiles campaign and now FBS deal came in with much more cash. 

What Man City have been doing, and we know this for a concrete fact, is disguising money from their owners in sponsorship deals that were already inflated anyway - in some cases 90% of cash supplied in deals came directly from their owner. That’s against the laws and they’ve been spaffing money on lawyers to block and obfuscate every single letter of the legal processes for years. 

That’s majorly different and is the reason only they abstained from the vote to block Newcastle’s owners doing the same and why we and everyone else voted for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

The whole system gets me, we, and a player were penalised for submitting paperwork 14 seconds late. The result was the player never really recovered from, we lose a player for 6 months. On the other hand blatant cheating and cooking the books is still being dragged out in courts 4 years later.

I do wonder, IF Man City are found guilty, if there is room for us to sue for lose of earnings?
if there 2 year Champions League ban had be upheld we would have qualified for the CL two years running and potentially made 100s of millions in tv deals, sponsorships, merchandise as well as the money for being in the competition.

....when the club signed up to the federation, they also agreed that they would not be pursue any legal action against them!!!

What a corrupt club from top to bottom. On top of the blatant overspending and hiding it, faking sponsorship deals..pressuring young players to sign contacts, illegal payments, etc. Fake contracts to former managers..

Relegate them!

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

What a corrupt club from top to bottom. On top of the blatant overspending and hiding it, faking sponsorship deals..pressuring young players to sign contacts, illegal payments, etc.  relegate them!

...it depends how far you think they should go!!!

I would say at least to League 2, but you know the F.A. are not strong enough. At worst a points deduction of say 20 points, which in some seasons could equate to them still fighting for the league.

Like Rugby Union and Saracens, they were relegated to the next tier, spent a season outside of the Premiership and now contesting the title with a resurgent Leicester Tigers. They still held on to the majority of their top players, and it is still not clear how they managed to retain them.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Wonder how they manage to make these go away  

Well this has been in the civil courts for at least 3 years (Kieran Maguire has referred to it many times), and they’ve not been able to hush it away. Just hope whoever is pushing it has done their homework this time and is prepared.