Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hopefully they get bent over

Something like this and Man City getting serious repercussions would hopefully scare Newcastle as well

I think it points to why Newcastle are currently going about things the way they are.

Everyone expected them to sack off their current sponsers and plaster all the PIF companies all over the shirt/stadium etc but none of that has happened yet.

Similarly their spend has been tame in comparrison to the way City did things first time round and also relative to Chelsea.

I think Newcastle will gradually spend and piece a team together in the hope of hitting top 4, rather than sprint to try and buy the league.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Can't be good news for us considering we're in the arse end of FFP.

If anything serious happens (and we all know that's a big 'if'), they'll focus on the big hitters.

We're small fry compared to Man City and Newcastle and we can point to our recent transfer windows as proof we're slowly moving in the right direction. 

I'm surprised they haven't looked at selling the old training ground for redevelopment. It's admirable that the women's team train in facilities that are better or on par with some PL teams but that much land, in a prime location has to be worth millions. 

The PL is owned by the clubs unlike UEFA.

Hard to imagine they’d go after one of their own shareholders and put the other clubs at risk of law suits unless they could make things stick.

This is in effect the other 19 clubs charging Man City not a governing body like UEFA or FIFA

<== Man City

Newcastle ==>

As much as I don`t like how Man City have achieved success, who they are owned and run by, how they have contributed to transfer inflation, it is only enforcing the proliferation of "old money" to punish them so

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why? These are breaches to get round FFP such as apparent sponsorship money coming from another source. There has been no suggestion at this stage that we have been involved in anything like that.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Maybe there were rumours of this happening within club boardrooms up and down the country. That's why Top chose to rein in the finances in the summer, in preparation for this. Also explains why Newcastle haven't gone all gung ho and spent silly money, like everyone expected. I presume Everton will also be in trouble.

Edited by sm1

23 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

FOUR YEAR INVESTIGATION.

Here's their last 5 seasons in that time.

1401967689_Screenshot2023-02-06at11_13_27.thumb.png.d97b783ed0060093646552241e41858a.png

They "won":

3 Premier Leagues

1 FA Cup

3 League Cups

2 Community Shields

And were runners up in 1 Champions League.

That's not including trying to bankrupt the entirety of the football pyramid to set up their own league too.

Nail these cvnts to the ****ing wall.

Then do Chelsea and Newcastle next please.

Strip them of their titles and relegate them will do 

• Like 2

I certainly don't think the other "big" clubs will circle the wagons around Man City on this. They are terrified of sovereign wealth funds dominating the sport, especially from unsavory bits of the world where it isn't just an investment, but the goal is to sportswash their human rights abuses.

It is bad enough when the UAE gets involved, but now that the Saudis are trying to buy up sports properties...

Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal - and even Spanish giants and Bayern - would love to see Man City get taken to the woodshed, which would also pre-emptively stop Newcastle from following the same blueprint.

I actually expect ManCity to suffer for real on this one.