Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

36 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Chelsea shouldn't be exempt from this. The steel propping up Stamford Bridge is the same steel destroying Ukraine as we speak. Having a fancy yank owner spaffing £600m in the last year is bad enough and shouldn't cleanse them of their own sportswashing and cheating.

As much as I agree with this sentiment, you start going down that road and there is a long way to travel. With a possibly justifiable stop at our own ground, too.

As other people have said, the whole thing is in all likelihood rotten from top to bottom and any response needs to reflect that.

Edited by leicsmac

9 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

football needs a overhaul in terms of finances, greed and bringing the England team up to scratch 

for me 

maximum 100m net spend per season on transfers , this would bring transfer prices down or limit bigger teams to only a couple of players 

maximum wage of whole squad per week 

3 home grown players must be in the starting line up 

agents set fee of 5 per cent for any transfer they are successful with 

signing on fee can be no more than 5 per cent of the transfer fee 

cap on performance related payments . to stop paying silly money per goal or clean sheet 

Needs to be worldwide so never going to happen but something needs to be done to level the playing field 

I think a spending limit on transfers is a no go, since there are so many externalities outside the PL which affect it. But agent regulation in the Premier League should be a priority. All of the North American sports have it: Limiting what agents can make, no double representation, etc., etc.

All the charges are against a time period where we either finished above them (2015/16) or at least one place or more away from European competition. During the entirety of the period they have been charged if they had not fulfilled that place we would not have gotten European Competition. So any potential legal action from ourselves would simply be one league positions worth of prize money each season. These charges are separate and from a different time period than when we finished 5th.

37 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We will not be the only ones.

May also explain why we are getting our house in better order. 

Yeah. All the PL clubs must have known this was coming for a while. One of the potential punishments is "compensation" for the clubs affected by their cheating, which could mean money for us missing out on CL (I doubt that will ever happen, though).

• Like 1

Man City will just make another push for the Super League along with the other rich clubs who will get back into bed with them after crying foul over this. Now or never for the Premier League to extract any kind of fine for all of the gross infractions. 

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Man City will just make another push for the Super League along with the other rich clubs who will get back into bed with them after crying foul over this. Now or never for the Premier League to extract any kind of fine for all of the gross infractions. 

Can’t see the likes of United, Liverpool and Arsenal backing them on this

It all sounds great on the face of it that they will no longer allow clubs to run riot against the rules in place in the Prem. BUT all this will do is get the Euro Super League that bit closer.  If Man City are relegated they will look to jump ship and all the other Billy Big Bollocks clubs will follow.

The only ones left to punish will be clubs like us and Everton who have overstretched too.  This will be the beginning of the end of the Prem as we know it.

• Like 1

Just now, MattFox said:

Can’t see the likes of United, Liverpool and Arsenal backing them on this

They won’t back them on this. They’ll cry outrage, look for compensation and then all join up in the Super League, as I said. Good riddance.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Quite. Compared to Chelsea’s spending over the past year, City look pragmatic by comparison.

The sad thing is that I don’t think Chelsea have actually broken FFP rules (yet!!’). I read somewhere they have ‘protected’ themselves by offering ludicrous long term contracts and thus paying lower transfer fee instalments over a longer period of time. 

chelsea’s approach does seem to be a huge gamble mind you. I imagine it’s based on the assumption that they will have regular CL football. Moreover, all it takes is a couple of duff purchases or couple of players with serious repeating injuries and they are stuck with them for several years. I don’t think many other PL could or be prepared to do this. 

NB: I imagine UEFA/PL will swiftly put a stop to this type of shenanigans. 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

The sad thing is that I don’t think Chelsea have actually broken FFP rules (yet!!’). I read somewhere they have ‘protected’ themselves by offering ludicrous long term contracts and thus paying lower transfer fee instalments over a longer period of time. 

chelsea’s approach does seem to be a huge gamble mind you. I imagine it’s based on the assumption that they will have regular CL football. Moreover, all it takes is a couple of duff purchases or couple of players with serious repeating injuries and they are stuck with them for several years. I don’t think many other PL could or be prepared to do this. 

American owner.

His eyes are on a Super League without relegation, not some annoying, little Champions League that he could possibly miss out on. 

9 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Chelsea also sells a lot of players. Of course, if they don't make CL this year, I expect they will have to have a fire sale this summer.

32 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

If they are found guilty for the seasons we finished 5th, we should be suing for loss of revenue after missing out on CL. 

Either get a cash settlement or we can have their place next season ; ) 

Edited by jamfox

21 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

It all sounds great on the face of it that they will no longer allow clubs to run riot against the rules in place in the Prem. BUT all this will do is get the Euro Super League that bit closer.  If Man City are relegated they will look to jump ship and all the other Billy Big Bollocks clubs will follow.

The only ones left to punish will be clubs like us and Everton who have overstretched too.  This will be the beginning of the end of the Prem as we know it.

The Government has discovered that stopping a Super League is a vote getter. I just don't think any British teams will ever be involved. 

• Big charge
  • HAHAHA from rivals
  • Whataboutery from Man City fans
  • Initial big punishment - outrage from Man City fans followed by whataboutery
  • Inevitable appeals process
  • Long, drawn out appeals process that takes ages
  • Appeal wins as football authority is out-lawyered by an oil state - no punishment
  • Man City fans jubilant that they stuck it to the PL, who are obviously biased against them and don't want them to succeed (five PL titles in 11 years...)
  • The whole sorry carousel begins again
  • Like 3

A full list of charges Man City face as I have not seen it posted on here yet

In accordance with Premier League Rule W.82.1, the Premier League confirms that it has today referred a number of alleged breaches of the Premier League Rules by Manchester City Football Club (Club) to a Commission under Premier League Rule W.3.4.

Details of the Premier League Rules that the Club is alleged to have breached are as follows:

1. In respect of each of Seasons 2009/10 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those seasons that required provision by a member club to the Premier League, in the utmost good faith, of accurate financial information that gives a true and fair view of the club’s financial position, in particular with respect to its revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs, namely:
(a) for Season 2009/10, Premier League Rules B.13, C.71, C.72, C.75 (amended to C.79 from 10 September 2009 for the remainder of Season 2009/10) and C.80;
(b) for Season 2010/11, Premier League Rules B.13, C.78, C.79, C.86 and C.87;
(c) for Season 2011/12, Premier League Rules B.13, E.3, 4, E.11 and E.12;
(d) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11 and E.12;
(e) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rules B.15, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.49;
(f) for Season 2014/15, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;
(g) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;
(h) for Season 2016/17, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51; and
(i) for Season 2017/18, Premier League Rules B.16, 3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51.

2. In respect of:
(a) each of Seasons 2009/10 to 2012/13 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to include full details of manager remuneration in its relevant contracts with its manager, namely:
  (1) for Seasons 2009/10 to 2011/12 inclusive, Premier League Rules Q.7 and Q.8; and
  (2) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules P.7 and P.8; and

(b) each of Seasons 2010/11 to 2015/16 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to include full details of player remuneration in its relevant contracts with its players, namely:
  (1) for Seasons 2010/11 and 2011/12, Premier League Rules K.12 and K.20;
  (2) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules T.12 and T.20;
  (3) for Seasons 2013/14 and 2014/15, Premier League Rules T.12 and T.19; and
  (4) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules T.13 and T.20.

3. In respect of each of Seasons 2013/14 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to comply with UEFA’s regulations, including UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, namely:
(a) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rule B.14.6; and
(b) for Seasons 2014/15 to 2017/18 inclusive, Premier League Rule B.15.6.

4. In respect of each of the Seasons 2015/16 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons on Profitability and Sustainability, namely:
(a) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules E.52 to E.60; and
(b) for Seasons 2016/17 and 2017/18, Premier League Rules E.53 to E.60.

5. In respect of the period from December 2018 to date, the Premier League Rules applicable in the relevant Seasons requiring a member club to cooperate with, and assist, the Premier League in its investigations, including by providing documents and information to the Premier League in the utmost good faith, namely:
(a) for Season 2018/19, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
(b) for Season 2019/20, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
(c) for Season 2020/21, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
(d) for Season 2021/22, Premier League Rules B.15, B.18, W.1, W.2, W.15 and W.16; and
(e) for Season 2022/23, Premier League Rules B.15, B.18, W.1, W.2, W.15 and W.16. 

Commissions are independent of the Premier League and member clubs. The members of the Commission will be appointed by the independent Chair of the Premier League Judicial Panel, in accordance with Premier League Rules W.19, W.20 and W.26.

The proceedings before the Commission will, in accordance with Premier League Rule W.82, be confidential and heard in private. Under Premier League Rule W.82.2, the Commission’s final award will be published on the Premier League’s website.

This confirmation is made in accordance with Premier League Rule W.82.1. The Premier League will be making no further comment in respect of this matter until further notice.

Edited by jammie82uk