Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

5 hours ago, chapero82 said:

And if they wanted to they could put about that in With sponsorships too I believe 

Last season King Power paid a pitifully small amount in sponsorship.  King Power/Thai tourist board should be paying considerably more to sponsor a team playing European football.

B1D4C8D3-01C0-4E78-B29F-F707ECFF69AF.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It indicates they not bending backwards to invest, some owners do things like buy the stadium from the club as they so desperate to put money in, whilst KP is having us take out loans from banks to fund cash flow, and has a very cheap sponsorship deal.

They already own the stadium.

6 minutes ago, SilverFox said:

Last season King Power paid a pitifully small amount in sponsorship.  King Power/Thai tourist board should be paying considerably more to sponsor a team playing European football.

B1D4C8D3-01C0-4E78-B29F-F707ECFF69AF.jpeg

The figure is false. No idea where we are compared to others' given I wouldn't trust the figures but £4m is going to be wrong if it was £16m the year before.

436784347_Screenshot2020-09-12at19_54_10.thumb.png.3556bf4f7dc2db2fa088ac49ef56a4de.png

Thought Top suggested he was looking forward to the club growing even more over the next 10 years in his end of season address. Hardly sounds as if he's lost interest. He may not be as hands on and leave things more to Susan Whelen and Jon Rudkin, but I think the vision is still there.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I just can't see this being the case, given Vichai wasn't really that 'hands-on' from what we know of the structure at the top. At the end of the day it is Whelan and Rudkin's job to look after the club - Whelan has significantly reduced her role at KPI (is now officially just advisor to Top), so they are running the ship in Leicester.

Whether it's a passion project or not, the club is almost wholly self sufficient now, they wiped debts and bought the ground a long time ago now. They've loaned us money for Seagrave and Top seems committed as ever to sorting the stadium, so I really can't see there being an issue there.

There really isn't a shortage of funds. We won't spend as much as usual this summer I grant you, but it's nothing to worry about.

Rodgers is just frustrated because the club is taking its time getting the deals done. Which has to be the way to go when you're a bit tighter on funds because if that's the difference between signing 3 overpriced players or 5 good value players, then it's probably worth waiting in these conditions.

Rodgers is a football manager, not the director of football. His job is to work with the players he's got and maximise their performance first and foremost. The signings will come.

Absolutely agree with all that. It's a business after all. There's going to be a majority of Premiership managers who have a lot less to work with this season than Rodgers,  Dyche regularly doesn't have a pot to piss in but his team weren't that far behind using last year after a dreadful start. 

This is when good managers manage and get the best out of what they've got. This is where Rodgers earns his corn. It's not all talking about philosophies, it's about winning football matches with the players you've got and employing tactics that are likely to get the best out of them against a particular opposition. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Since the King Power takeover we have won the Premiership and finished top five. Best 10 years in our history. Can't believe the negativity about a figure of £4 million quid. 

That’s not the point.  The shirt sponsorship should be bringing in 10m/season.   That’s 30m we’ve missed out on since 2016.   The owners have decided that they want KP exposure ahead of the money going into the club.  I just think that there is something a little unfair to ask the club to be self sufficient and then underpay for the sponsorship 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s not the point.  The shirt sponsorship should be bringing in 10m/season.   That’s 30m we’ve missed out on since 2016.   The owners have decided that they want KP exposure ahead of the money going into the club.  I just think that there is something a little unfair to ask the club to be self sufficient and then underpay for the sponsorship 

With respect, it is the point. People can whinge about coughing up £70 to secure a season ticket and equate that with a doughnut or come up with some meaningless £4 million figure shirt sponsorship and ignore the giant strides this club has taken over the last decade. Bit like populism, simple answers to complex issues. Reminds me of the experts that moan after winning 2-0 that if only they'd done what they think it would have been 6-0.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TK95 said:

Really concerning hearing Brendan say that. Of course any team has to be special to be competing on all four fronts but to instill that kind of negativity before the season has even started is ridiculous. Even Puel would not come up with such a statement.

As for the squad not being big enough, he's had the opportunity to strengthen and so far we've only had Castagne. Whatever the excuses, other clubs have managed to get their players in.

And hardly encouraging for the fringe players we've still got at the club yet not offloaded. If Slimani, Silva etc aren't going to play, why are they still at the club.

Rodgers or whoever our manager is....has no Control over the success or failure of our Recruitment team...He can only make suggestions & would be preferences.

Getting the players is NOT in his hands, and neither are the tactics of how & when.....

So Stop trying to deliver the Drop of the guilloutine,on his  hopeful  new or Lack of Faces in the changing room,then creating a totally nonsense  vendetta..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You could argue that they paid years of sponsorship upfront when they wrote off the £100m LCFC owed them. (Part of which was buying the ground they now sponsor cheaply)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Swings and roundabouts from what I can see, I imagine the loans to finance the training ground and whatever else are fairly subsidised in terms of interest so maybe can’t have your cake and eat it. They may get the sponsorship below the going rate but I imagine if you look at the big picture they’ve went above and beyond what most modern day owners would do and the club are way up on the deal.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Congerton I expect helps pick out players, but probably doesnt negotiate the deals.

And as I’ve explained elsewhere - part of modern day scouting is being aware of contractural details and the realistic possibility of signing such a player. 

Any scout could say sign the worlds best players but there has to be a realism alongside it. In the last three windows, we’ve had difficulties finding a centre back whose good enough - scouting team has to take some flak for that. 

The club before worked wonders where eyeing up players with 18 months or less on their contracts to take advantage.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Rodgers or whoever our manager is....has no Control over the success or failure of our Recruitment team...He can only make suggestions & would be preferences.

Getting the players is NOT in his hands, and neither are the tactics of how & when.....

So Stop trying to deliver the Drop of the guilloutine,on bis new Faces in the changing room,then creating a totally nonsense  vendetta..!!

I have a new motto. I've stopped trying to to explain myself to those who are cannot hear my explanation. Feel so much better now.:)

No more headbanging.

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And as I’ve explained elsewhere - part of modern day scouting is being aware of contractural details and the realistic possibility of signing such a player. 

Any scout could say sign the worlds best players but there has to be a realism alongside it. In the last three windows, we’ve had difficulties finding a centre back whose good enough - scouting team has to take some flak for that. 

The club before worked wonders where eyeing up players with 18 months or less on their contracts to take advantage.

That was one of the big issues with Congerton at Celtic and it was publicly pretty well known. He’d identify a host of players we wouldn’t have ever had a prayer of affording. For example, Maupay was on the infamous leaked list from his flat who went for close to £20m in that same window.

When it comes to investment from King Power and the future ambition of the club, our fanbase will never agree.

You'll always have the "we should be so thankful" brigade who want a glass ceiling. They think the past level of the club should dictate the future and they're happy with their lot. They will defend their position as realism. Their loyalty to the owners and King Power is undying and has been forged through years of buying into narratives that the club could never have had any success for the rest of time without the current ownership.

Then you have those who feel if you're not pushing to move forward you're going backwards. They buy into ambition and they see the opportunity to become something consistently greater than the kind of club Leicester City has traditionally been. They are grateful for what the owners have done for the club but feel it does not make them immune to criticism and they're hungry for the club to have more success. They will objectively look at data and financial figures and make observations that question based upon that.

Neither group will ever agree and neither group can claim to be fully right. But to hear people question the value/worth of other fans for saying that IF King Power are not in a position to continue investment in the club then it might be time for the next party who can is madness! That if the current owners couldn't continue to invest at the appropriate level you'd be happy to continue with under-investment in our club because of past history?!

Before anyone struggles to grasp what I'm saying here, I'll be really clear: I do not want our owners to leave, but IF it becomes clear they can no longer invest at the level needed then it MIGHT be time to think about IF they are still the right owners for the club.