Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Bournemouth post match

Total dominate first half, rings the changes, and disaster... it is unexplainable. Hard to find a team overwhelmingly in control to only totally implode like we did... Bournemouth, struggle for goals concede loads and barely have had a shot since the restart so Rodgers thinks bringing on extra defenders and midfielders is needed!!  

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Had the game by the scruff of the neck at halftime then Brendan makes a negative substitution and this sucks the life out of us. What was he thinking shutting up shop against a team that were there for the taking seems a bit weird to me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

That second half was embarrassing, the group of players couldn’t have gifted a game away any better than that if they wanted to let Bournemouth have the 3 points.

I’m tired of managers being shown the door, it’s time for a massive overhaul in this dressing room.

I’m sick of hearing it’s not the players fault, who’s fault is it, Claudio’s, Shakespeare, puel’s and now Rodgers.

Rodgers didn’t plan for kasper to kick like a Sunday league footballer, I would have thought he’d have worked on his distribution, what did we spend 16 mil on ward for, Rodgers didn’t plan for highly rated and payed players to show no hunger to win once they conceded.

The only criticism I have of Rodgers is he’s stuck by these under performing, over rated players for two long now.

Why would they show any hunger ..when you have got 50 grand a week coming into your bank account who would really care

"i feel sorry for the fans"  really ??

I don't believe Brendan, or this team has the capacity to recover from this. We are mentally as well as physically weak. This has been near relegation form since February. Big questions need to be asked. Listening to the manager with Mr Stringer - he's a wee bit shocked and I don't believe he can get into these players to turn it round. 

• Like 1

Just now, trabuch said:

He said that referring to the 1st 15 minutes of the 2nd half. He said he brought on Praet because Ndidi and Tielemens were having to work too hard in the 1st half.

Work hard?

In an attacking style?

Oh well, we can't have that can we, lets make them work hard being negative and making them defend then.

Masterstroke Brendan, absolute masterstroke, bravo :appl:

I’m not really surprised that some of players seemingly give up when there’s pressure to score, we’ve gone whole halves without registering a shot on target many times. Passing around the pitch in a horseshoe shape endlessly. Rodgers set that precedent when he made the switch at half time. Then wonders why they get deflated when asked to chase when there’s no indication we have the form or guile to do it. Not taking the blame From the players fully as there are some question marks there but Rodgers need to seriously rethink his strategy if he’s to be successful here 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Total dominate first half, rings the changes, and disaster... it is unexplainable. Hard to find a team overwhelmingly in control to only totally implode like we did... Bournemouth, struggle for goals concede loads and barely have had a shot since the restart so Rodgers thinks bringing on extra defenders and midfielders is needed!!  

I'm out of rep - but this

Really suprised he said Nacho didnt have one of his better games. His link up play with Perez and Vardy was the main threat in the first half. And he virtually assisted the first goal.

To say they were getting too much joy "down the sides" when they'd had 1 shot (in the 44th minute) seems just bizarre. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Whose fault was the first fifteen after the break?  His. 

He expected a reaction from Bournemouth 

he made a change that he thought was a good idea to cope with that 

if he’d done nothing and they had over run us with their different shape then posters would be questioning his tactical ineptness  ....

we got through the first fifteen without much incident but the players began to take liberties and you could criticise him for not dealing with that ..... maybe he would have if kasper hadn’t done what he did.  But did anyone see that change in the momentum of game control after an hour coming ?. Really ?. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

if he’d done nothing and they had over run us with their different shape then posters would be questioning his tactical ineptness  ....

we got through the first fifteen without much incident but the players began to take liberties and you could criticise him for not dealing with that ..... maybe he would have if kasper hadn’t done what he did.  But did anyone see that change in the momentum of game control after an hour coming ?. Really ?. 

He expected a reaction from Bournemouth? It was his fault it happened by going negative. And yes we are rightly questioning his "tactical ineptness". 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

That game was a microcosm of the season. A first half of total dominance. A second half of complete negligence.

No idea which half reflects us most accurately.

I would say 50/50, but the second half of the season shows what a team is made of and LCFC haven't delivered when it's needed most.

the worst thing about tonight was at 4-1 camera pans to bournemouth players in the stand looking mostly nonplussed, obviously they have massive problems in their dressing room

Yet the team conspired to chuck it away  against a side beaten 4-1 at home by newcastle.

Maybe my earlier remarks were harsh but I cant see a way back from today.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Just a thought, if kevin, chilwell and madders dont make it for any of the next games and then cags is suspended......how on earth are we going to get another point this season? 

Not with the run-in we have.

All 3 sides have something still to play for. We have a shit record at Spurs and just generally away from home right now, and Sheff Utd/Man Utd are bang in form. I can't see us scoring, let alone winning, in these matches after tonight. Confidence looks shot and we're very easy to play against right now if teams really fancy it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

On many occasions he has failed to make half time subs when we are losing. Why didn't he wait and see, like he did on those occasions?

• Like 3

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

He expected a reaction from Bournemouth? It was his fault it happened by going negative. 

“I was expecting to be sacked so I didn’t turn up for work”

11 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Stay classy Celtic

I cant take a tweet serious from a fan who supports a team in which winning the league feels like winning a game of Fifa against your 4 year old nephew

Edited by copunk
  • Haha 1