Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Black

Newcastle in for Iheanacho

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That'll happen.

Ha ha . Well it was just a figure anything north of the buyback figure would work . Having said that they persuaded the notoriously parsimonious Ashley to pay £40 mill for Joelinton who appears to have the goalscoring instincts of a cuttlefish 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, surrifox said:

Ha ha . Well it was just a figure anything north of the buyback figure would work . Having said that they persuaded the notoriously parsimonious Ashley to pay £40 mill for Joelinton who appears to have the goalscoring instincts of a cuttlefish 

That’s insulting to the cuttlefish.

10 hours ago, Wymsey said:

You're probably right, given that it may appear likely now the Premier League will approve their new prospective owners.

Unless they are a gang of people traffickers or a Columbia drug cartel they were never going to fail the “fit and proper “test,  given the PL ‘s exacting standards 

Can't believe how fast people are ready sell him.

He's proving that he can do more than a job when he's not constantly sidelined.

Furthermore how on Earth people still think that we're going to find a good striker just to warm the bench and wait for Vardy's dip in form?

As for the credibility of the source I can only think of this:

free-candy.jpg

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mark said:

Hmm I can't see that, definitely not worth more than we paid but maybe we can rinse them like they did us with Perez.

Rodgers is the only manager here who's got any sort of form out of him, I'm not sure he even knew what his role was until this season. Maybe certain players need a different way of management to keep them focused. 🤔

12 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Can we give them Perez back, to? 

Agree with you @Mark but using the Pérez fee as a benchmark, looking at the two players, I can see us getting more than what we paid for him. We seem to negotiate well when selling. 

Difficult one this, you'd snap anyone's hand off a few months ago bur he's been one of our best players since the restart and gives our attacking play an added dimension. What he offers is intelligent movement, good link up play and he is also a natural poacher and top finisher. Few players boast all those qualities in tandem, but I wouldn't think he is irreplaceable either.

I like Nacho, and yes he's had a better season but for me we have far to many bits and piece players, like him, Gray, Perez and Barnes, who have one good game in 4, or a good 20 minutes in a game. 

One minute he touch is amazing the next time it sunday league! 

He has a worse goal to game ratio then Akinbiyi!

Like Musa, if we can get decent money sell.......

23 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Important to look at his goals to minutes ratio, rather than games. The majority of his games have been 5-45 minute cameos.

44 minutes ago, Shane said:

Keep. His stats and performances speak for themselves. 

He’s played 871 minutes in the PL and has 5 goals, 4 assists. That’s a goal contribution every 96 minutes. 

To be honest, he's goals and assist to minutes is pretty good this season and would be the only thing that would have me in two mind about selling. 

I'm more concerned with what I see in he's performances , he has little or no pace, isn't good in the air, at time clumsy and never going to be mobile enough to play as a lone striker.

To make up for he's short comings he need to excel others area like passing and first touch,hold up play, on these he ranges from excellent to Sunday League in one game let alone a season.

Ask yourself, would he get in Liverpool's, Man City, Chelsea, Man U, Spurs, Wolves, Arsenal, Sheff Utd, Everton match day squads?

Edited by coolhandfox

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be honest, he's goals and assist to minutes is pretty good this season and would be the only thing that would have me in two mind about selling. 

I'm more concerned with what I see in he's performances , he has little or no pace, isn't good in the air, at time clumsy and never going to be mobile enough to play as a lone striker.

To make up for he's short comings he need to excel others area like passing and first touch,hold up play, on these he ranges from excellent to Sunday League in one game let alone a season.

Ask yourself, would he get in Liverpool's, Man City, Chelsea, Man U, Spurs, Wolves, Arsenal, Sheff Utd, Everton match day squads?

Football is a squad game and Kelechi is a good squad player for us. If Brendan sells him it'll be a very bad decision imo. To answer your question I think he'd get into most of their match day squads...

- Liverpool - Origi has legendary status with them. But on the pitch I don't think there's much between them and I think Kelechi has more potential. 50/50.

- Man City - Fair enough, can't see him getting ahead of Gabriel Jesus.

Chelsea - Prefer Kelechi to Batsuayi. Also Abraham averages a goal contribution every 120 mins in the PL and Kelechi every 96 mins :ph34r:

Man Utd - Iheanacho > Ighalo. 

Spurs - Back up for Kane.

Wolves - Back up for Jimenez.

Arsenal - He's better than Nketiah. 

Sheffield Utd - Kelechi definitely gets into their squad.

Everton - Would challenge Calvert-Lewin for a starting spot.

26 minutes ago, Shane said:

Football is a squad game and Kelechi is a good squad player for us. If Brendan sells him it'll be a very bad decision imo. To answer your question I think he'd get into most of their match day squads...

- Liverpool - Origi has legendary status with them. But on the pitch I don't think there's much between them and I think Kelechi has more potential. 50/50.

Origi has 18 goals in 88 app compared to Kelechi 21 goals in 114 apps 

- Man City - Fair enough, can't see him getting ahead of Gabriel Jesus.

Chelsea - Prefer Kelechi to Batsuayi. Also Abraham averages a goal contribution every 120 mins in the PL and Kelechi every 96 mins :ph34r:

Let just Forget about Giroud then and I'd rather have Abraham 14 PL goals this season then Nacho 5 PL goals 

Man Utd - Iheanacho > Ighalo. 

Ighalo 16 goals in 64 PL, and the fact that if Martial and Rashford would play as striker before Ighalo

Spurs - Back up for Kane.

They would perfer to play Son upfront and paly someone in he position instead 

Wolves - Back up for Jimenez.

Jota? 16 goals in 64 apps........

Arsenal - He's better than Nketiah. 

Not sure, not seen enough of him. But they would play Laccazette or Nketiah over Nacho.

Sheffield Utd - Kelechi definitely gets into their squad. 

No chance, wouldn't fit Wilders requirements of putting a shift in.

Everton - Would challenge Calvert-Lewin for a starting spot. 

Calvert Lewin that has scored 13 PL goals this season?

If Vardy was injured you'd rather have Nacho up top on he's on rather the CL?

I teel you know if we put Nacho up for sale for a fair price not one of those clubs would want him......

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2