Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Pearson sacked...

Watford look like they are in the managerial merry go round we were at in the 00s. More than likely at the Nigel Worthington stage. 

I'd say Pearson's time with us has made it diificult for the jobs he's had since (Leuven aside).

He picked us up off the floor in the third tier and did it fairly rapidly. Having hit rock bottom gave him carte blanche to do things thats difficult at Derby or Watford who haven't got there. His miraculous long term work at Leicester doesnt lend itself to quick fix top flight chancers.

If anything it was a club like Sunderland who fell to the third tier like ourselves that ought to have given him a go.

I'd say he did well at Watford overall. They battered Liverpool in a way they hadn't suffered since 2017. Its looking like a personal dispute that he might have a lot to answer for. Who knows?

If true he fell out with the players in the dressing room on Friday/ it could be the end of him sadly.

2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Watford look like they are in the managerial merry go round we were at in the 00s. More than likely at the Nigel Worthington stage. 

I'd say Pearson's time with us has made it diificult for the jobs he's had since (Leuven aside).

He picked us up off the floor in the third tier and did it fairly rapidly. Having hit rock bottom gave him carte blanche to do things thats difficult at Derby or Watford who haven't got there. His miraculous long term work at Leicester doesnt lend itself to quick fix top flight chancers.

If anything it was a club like Sunderland who fell to the third tier like ourselves that ought to have given him a go.

I'd say he did well at Watford overall. They battered Liverpool in a way they hadn't suffered since 2017. Its looking like a personal dispute that he might have a lot to answer for. Who knows?

If true he fell out with the players in the dressing room on Friday/ it could be the end of him sadly.

I know he's a premier league manager but honesty think thats where he could end up next if premier league and championship owners regard him as a loose cannon.

16 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

By sounds of his temper as got the better of him again! honestly I felt since his time in Belgium he came back a different man but sadly no same Old Nige. Honestly his own worst enemy... he's a decent manager as we know when he get's down to business but it only takes one or two words from someone and he snaps. Best thing Nige is anger management, otherwise this could see him end up jail one day.

..I am sure he was having counseling and it was the reason for his new demeanor!!!

Did not see this coming as he seemed in a good place and appeared to have found a way to remove any stress in his life by putting things into perspective.

Nigel and Shakey are synonymous with this club and would not be surprised to see them at the club in some capacity.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Back to the same old place with Nigel.  He’d be so good for (insert any of a number of clubs) … but

Good shout -- he would have fit Sunderland -- the fans as well as the needs of the club.  He’d have brought them back to the PL under Ellis Short.  But it’s obvious he can only work with owners who keep their hands off football operations, now too rarely the case (there as elsewhere).

Watford was such a poor fit, we probably should have seen this coming.  He’s got the hard yards all but gained … and boom!  A rerun.

PearsonatDerby.thumb.JPG.961b407005c5f1a79e4ed59a8731cb76.JPG

At level of established PL clubs, the luxury of allowing a manager to pick players of the type he appreciates managing no longer exists.  You’ve got to get motley millionaire talents -- including the guys outside the XI -- and keep them motivated and on the same page.  The job requires emotional discipline, plus political skill to deal with the egotists in the executives’ and owners’ suites.  Nobody can tell me Pearson is cut out for that.  And that’s not disrespect, nor failure to recognize his outstanding accomplishments here.

I love Pearson as much as any LCFC fan. I'd be thrilled to see him back here.

He needs to realise though that he can't be an Alex Ferguson figure in the clubs he manages at. It's not right but the manager of the first team is part of a chain of managers in most clubs. The influence he had here was a one off.

The fact its ended this way in his last 3 jobs in the English league has to be a wake up call him for. A passionate manager but he's simply got to bite his tongue at certain times and go with the flow. I don't agree with it but its life.

He has a lot to offer, he is an incredible leader, a great man manager and a decent coach. He needs to curb his confrontational side or never realise his potential as a manager.

• Like 2

Trouble is that these muti million/billionaires don't like to be told to **** off.

Nige needs a club where the owners have their feet on the ground or where the owners have little to do with the running of the club.

• Like 1

I honestly doubt Nige kicked off, purely based on his behaviour in that job. That post match interview after west ham was the only time I've seen the prickly Nige we all know and love. I genuinely think hes tried to keep a clean image to help his reputation be where it should be. I think this job has saved his career, he'll get a solid champ job or another firefighter job next season 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KingsX said:

HornsMoY.JPG.373fc63e6423c4f8932947ee0e555e4e.JPG

(a)  Javi

(b)  Quique [again]

(c)  the caretaker guy

(d)  Big Nige

(e)  the caretaker guy [again]

@Super_horns, start us off with your vote.  How many other clubs hand this one out every year ?!

Well they all start ok - then go totally to pot!

I think the players kind of give up when they don't like the manager.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Couldn’t think of a worse manager in their scenario than Claude Puel

Like throwing further petrol onto a flaming fire 

He's not a bad manager although his style of play isn't great. He clearly struggles with man-management which is a huge problem but if you looked at his seasons with us and Southampton, for a club like Watford you can sort of see why he'd appeal.

I doubt he'll go there anyway.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

He's not a bad manager although his style of play isn't great. He clearly struggles with man-management which is a huge problem but if you looked at his seasons with us and Southampton, for a club like Watford you can sort of see why he'd appeal.

His style of football... ie the way he wants his teams to play isn't great you say.

Footballers earn a fortune and to get the best out of them you need a good manager.  Yet you say this isn't a strength of vlaud

I would add that pizxing the fans off by talking rubbish whatever the performance is not good.

It's a no from me

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I would add that pizxing the fans off by talking rubbish whatever the performance is not good

That would apply to almost every manager including our own, Managers tend to try to pick out the good bits and leave the bad bits for the dressing room.

3 hours ago, Corky said:

I hate(d) it, I made that very clear, but what he was doing while he was here and in the time that's passed since he left i've realised most teams are going down the route and direction of that style so I don't really know the difference between his style and the way the games going, it's isn't great it really isn't but it seems most clubs want to play in that way for some bizarre reason.

Edited by Matt

Really surprised by the amount of people on here who can’t imagine a manager lashing out at a player. If any manager in the league was going to do it, it would be Nige lol This obviously wasn’t a results based sacking at least I’d hope not. Would love to have been a fly on the wall in that dressing room. 

2 hours ago, davieG said:

That would apply to almost every manager including our own, Managers tend to try to pick out the good bits and leave the bad bits for the dressing room.

Yes but puel gave the same speech come what may .... he took it to a new level

I’m amazed at everyone’s opinion that Pearson is a good Prem manager.  He’s a good championship manager, but is clearly overwhelmed and out of his element when he moves to the premier league.  I think everyone lets their emotions cloud their judgement, because we owe him a debt for his work here at LCFC. Let the insults begin! :beer:

• Like 1

The Times just confirmed “Nigel Pearson is to be paid a £1 million bonus if Watford stay in the Premier League despite being dismissed as their head coach with two matches of the season left.”

The Watford forum thread has been gold for both laughs and rumor-mongering.  Piecing the alleged events at West Ham together from it, the Athletic, and Deeney’s interview, here’s a version that dovetails with what has escaped.

Categorical denials of a physical altercation with Masina at HT, or lock-in at FT.  Most likely Pearson just conducted a well-deserved reading of the riot act, which didn’t sit well with some.  The Rubicon was crossed (at least per multiple sources) when he indulged in some sort of “take this job and shove it, and let me tell you where in anatomical detail” exchange with the club owner.  Well within earshot of players and staff.

Again, that is only speculation, and will likely remain so.  Between the terse club statement, Deeney going online with denials, and the quick move to confirm Pearson’s bonus (by a club which declined to distribute player bonuses last year), it’s obvious Pozzo and Giraldi want these events quickly locked away from public view. 

So on the one hand, Nige scores his point letting the bozos know how and why they are bozos, leaves the job he wanted to leave in any case, and (hopefully) gets his million to do so.  On the other, every potential employer will know enough about this to cement his rep as a loose cannon potentially aimed at themselves.  There’s a time and place for home truths.  Ignore that, and risk never sniffing a short list again.

I’d say it’s time for his autobiography -- no ghost writer needed -- but he just got paid a million not to write it.  Maybe a thinly disguised novel instead?

• Like 3