Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Pearson sacked...

1 hour ago, RobHawk said:

We all know Pearson is a builder and likes to have control over alot of aspects of the team. 

He never suited Watford's model and the athletic article quoted above does not surprise me. 

He doesn't suffer fools and owners thinking they know more than the manager is not going to go down well with him. That happened at derby with Morris and appears to haven't again at Watford with the pozzos. 

Could you ever imagine top or vichai trying to tell a manager how to do their job? Or do you think they would be more respectful?

Don’t know about our owners in private, vichai and top do not become successful businessmen, and build an empire without things done as they want it, and being ruthless in achieving it, but they do seem to do it in a nice way.

From memory vichai and top were like the fan base with Pearson, very split, hence the sacking that happened then didn’t happen.

Thing is with Pearson he can get himself sacked, just for being him, will he have to sign another non disclosure I wonder, like I’m led to believe he had to sign here and Derby.

I’m not commenting on the Pearson thread again, before it was like him toxic, I wasted enough time on it years ago, and what’s the point, he will never work here again, and owners speak and he must be that toxic now it’s time to stick to his walking, as he’s unlikely to work anytime soon.

• Like 1

Watford forums are suggesting that some kind of verbal slur is what got him the tin tack.

Obviously this is within Pearson's wheelhouse and if its as severe as some of them are suggesting it could be the final nail in his managerial coffin. 

Then again this could all be baseless conjecture. 

5 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Don’t know about our owners in private, vichai and top do not become successful businessmen, and build an empire without things done as they want it, and being ruthless in achieving it, but they do seem to do it in a nice way.

From memory vichai and top were like the fan base with Pearson, very split, hence the sacking that happened then didn’t happen.

Thing is with Pearson he can get himself sacked, just for being him, will he have to sign another non disclosure I wonder, like I’m led to believe he had to sign here and Derby.

I’m not commenting on the Pearson thread again, before it was like him toxic, I wasted enough time on it years ago, and what’s the point, he will never work here again, and owners speak and he must be that toxic now it’s time to stick to his walking, as he’s unlikely to work anytime soon.

A non disclosure can be just as much to make sure the owners dont come across as total bellends too you know.

Milan made enough of our managers sign one. I'm sure we all would keep quiet about our dickhead managers if we got a few million to.

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

I don't know where/if you work but I'd guess you wouldn't accept your boss chinning you if your performance was below par.

please tell me that actually happened lol

5 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Ok he’s getting sacked for a reason, it might be his ego rubs up owners the wrong way, loses the dressing room for whatever reason, I don’t know Pearson, I don’t know anyone who does, so cannot comment on why he got sacked, but as our owners like him, he got sacked for failing there.

Let’s put this another way, after being sacked here, what has he achieved as a manager, other than be sacked.

he brought an awful Watford side back from the dead...

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Watford forums are suggesting that some kind of verbal slur is what got him the tin tack.

Obviously this is within Pearson's wheelhouse and if its as severe as some of them are suggesting it could be the final nail in his managerial coffin. 

lol there ya go.. he’s opened his gob again...

15 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

We shall have to be in a very poor state for that to happen

You mean like the state we were in when he took us over in 2008. I am failing to understand what your problem is with NP. ?. It would be good to get a logical explanation that can be understood.

Edited by wokinghamfox

Quite clear they've used him to get to almost safety before finding an excuse to ditch him before the bonus kicks in. 

He's worked miracles there, taken them from down and out at the bottom to  several points clear above the drop zone! Absolute madness! Players have come out and said how much they've enjoyed playing for him, Deeney being an example of this. 

Makes no sense at all. I hope Watford go down. Horrible club, cheated there way to the prem with loans from sister club etc. And have a manager merry go round. They show 0 respect.

Edited by Foxhateram

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Cheapskates... I hope they are relegated next season.

I hope this season. I like Watford and their fans, but their owners are utter clowns this managerial merry go round is a farce. To be honest I wouldn't go there, it's a poisoned chalice but I suppose money talks.

They are seriously after Puel, I give him 6 months when the instant  success doesnt occur. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Yeah, I've been just been reading something similar. Seems that he may have gone way too far in his half time criticism of Adam Masina and said something that would get you sacked in any walk of life.

I absolutely love Nigel but his temper has proven his undoing on more than one occasion and you have to question his judgement. Such a talented manager but, if what I'm reading is true, he's making himself unemployable.

I've been overwhelmed by the well-wishes I've received from Watford supporters and the football community. Thank you all for your kind messages. Although not able to finish the task I was brought in to achieve, I wish Watford all the best for their final two games. Cheers, Nige.

Under-23 coach Hayden Mullins will take charge for the remainder of the season with Graham Stack as his assistant.

Can't believe some of the disrespect that's been posted in the Rodgers thread because of a few tongue-in-cheek comments suggesting Pearson comes back.

The worst was "he had us at the bottom of the league for 6 months", as if his midfield had Maddison & Tielemans and not James & Hammond.

• Like 1

So best win % :dunno:

Watford's many recent managers

Manager P W Pts Win %
League records only
Nigel Pearson (2019-20) 20 7 25 35
Quique Sanchez Flores (2019) 10 1 7 10
Javi Gracia (2018-19) 56 18 66 32
Marco Silva (2017-18) 24 7 26 29
Walter Mazzarri (2016-17) 38 11 40 29
Quique Sanchez Flores (2015-16) 38 12 45 32
  • Like 1

Not going to believe any rumours as we all know he had his fare share here which turned out to be untrue!

Think he was supposed to have headbutted several players including Knockaert and Wood for both sleeping with his daughter at one point.  I imagine his 'hardman' look attracts these sort of rumours. Don't doubt he has his spats with people, but don't think he'd be one to cross the line after working so hard to rebuild his career.

4 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Yeah, I've been just been reading something similar. Seems that he may have gone way too far in his half time criticism of Adam Masina and said something that would get you sacked in any walk of life.

I absolutely love Nigel but his temper has proven his undoing on more than one occasion and you have to question his judgement. Such a talented manager but, if what I'm reading is true, he's making himself unemployable.

Please be more specific ... link?

Edited by foxinsocks