Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Pearson sacked...

Guest Harrydc

If anyone could win the last two games to keep a team up it would be Pearson.. And if they go down if anyone could rebuild a team to bring them back up and establish them as a Premier league team it would be Pearson.. 

Hope they go down anyway 

Some Watford fans on social media are pointing to recent form but since the restart they've been unlucky in the sense that they've played in form teams since the restart (bar us and Norwich). They are deluded if they think this squad should be safe already and the managers are holding the players back somehow. Most Watford fans are against this decision it seems so cant tar all with the same brush.

Want Bournemouth to go down so sadly being reduced to wanting Villa to stay up now ffs. Or Watford to get no points and still stay up.

Everyone's assuming Pearson has done something or had a barney, but this sacking is entirely in character for the Watford owners. They have two tricky games left, they aren't safe yet, so they've done the usual thing they do when they have a bad run of form, which is sack the manager, no matter how stupid a decision it is. They view managers as completely expendable, so at the first hint of trouble they bin them off.

Edited by orangecity23
speeling corekshun
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

A slight overstatement that. Think Gillies, O'Farrell, Bloomfield, O'Neill, Ranieri. That's just the ones from my time supporting & there must be some from before that especially the guy in charge in the late 1920's when we came 2nd & 3rd in the League

For me O’Neill great, but Pearson picked up a team that was at the lowest level and brought us back to the PL 

• Like 1

Just now, Super_horns said:

Must be more to this than meets the eye.

Even if we didn't want to keep him    surely you'd wait till the end of the season.

other than getting your owner in a choke hold, i see very little justification in replacing your manager at such a critical time..... 

• Like 1

Watford are such a strange club...there probably so close to survival and they've now probably risked all that by sacking Pearson. I know I did have a feeling there going to part company after the season at ended anyway but, I never thought they sack him with two games to go. There must have been a fall out! I know Pearson's contract was due to finish when the season was completed and perhaps told it wasn't going to be extended and maybe refused to carry on until he was offered a deal.

10 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Or look dead n buried by boxing day. 

Which is totally irrelevant given that we finished 14th that same season.

Maybe you hadn’t realised but that season ended in May, not December. 

18 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Why is there 5 ****ing pages on this when we have a massive game in 20 minutes ffs.

If it’s that big a deal to you, why were you on this thread 20 minutes before such a massive match. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

Which is totally irrelevant given that we finished 14th that same season.

Maybe you hadn’t realised but that season ended in May, not December. 

I can't buy a win he said to esteban, who 

then used his world class experience to sort team talks and tactics

• Haha 1