Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Everyone has to self-isolate on returning from away European games now. 

Can be reduced to 5 days if a negative test is produced. 

Players can compete and train during the 10 days, but that's the only time they can exit their self-isolation. 

Probably doesn't change much but pretty rubbish that as we come out of lockdown, they can't go out with their families to do things as a result. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Players can compete and train during the 10 days, but that's the only time they can exit their self-isolation. 

Probably doesn't change much but pretty rubbish that as we come out of lockdown, they can't go out with their families to do things as a result. 

The personal well-being toll from this pandemic sure is a heavy one :(

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

For the teams in the Europa League, this will be largely happening anyway. Arriving back in the country for Friday early hours, makes more sense to stay at Seagrave - recovery, Saturday training and game Sunday 

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just cancel the competition. Utterly pointless without fans, how they're going to work it based on that will be baffling. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Should be left until next season now. Or the Cup final, depending on when that is. 

Not fair if Fulham for example, can have a 'decent' crowd in for a potential relegation decider against Newcastle. Maybe for dead-rubbers yes. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Should be left until next season now. Or the Cup final, depending on when that is. 

Not fair if Fulham for example, can have a 'decent' crowd in for a potential relegation decider against Newcastle. Maybe for dead-rubbers yes. 

Agreed save it for the cup final. Would help make it more special as well

39 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Yeah, this is going to cause issues on the final day if crowds are allowed for big matches and not just dead rubbers.

I want fans back obviously but next season seems a logical starting point in August.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twister said:

Again your niave

But keep having your head in the clouds mate, this is a club that once wen't years without a penalty being awarded at old trafford. this is a club where refs have admitted having a unconscious bias there when they were refs. Call me cynical its served me well, I have rarley been wrong.I was the one not dancing around the ceilings about the british cycling dominance, or mario jones dominating, or lance armstrong. But again keep on your lane.

Keep fighting the fight big man. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Why do they pander to Liverpool on this? As in, not the voting itself, but the fact they feel like they have to do a poll for it in the first place?

It adds further negative attitudes towards the referee, would have made no difference to the result and I don't recall them ever doing something like this for any other clubs?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why do they pander to Liverpool on this? As in, not the voting itself, but the fact they feel like they have to do a poll for it in the first place?

It adds further negative attitudes towards the referee, would have made no difference to the result and I don't recall them ever doing something like this for any other clubs?

To be fair, it was a very clear & high profile incident. I'd like to know, however, why Harry Maguire has got away with his assault.

I know this is unlikely but what happens if Liverpool or Chelsea finish outside the top 4 but win the champions league? Will they go into the champions league as holders? How does it affect us if we finish top 4? 
Also what if we, spurs or Arsenal win the Europa league? You could have potentially 6 clubs from this country in the champions league. If us, Arsenal or spurs finish outside top 4. 

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It’s troubling that the take is 39% think it’s a wrong decision and they have chosen the negative headline over the 61% what think it was a penalty 

6 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I know this is unlikely but what happens if Liverpool or Chelsea finish outside the top 4 but win the champions league? Will they go into the champions league as holders? How does it affect us if we finish top 4? 
Also what if we, spurs or Arsenal win the Europa league? You could have potentially 6 clubs from this country in the champions league. If us, Arsenal or spurs finish outside top 4. 

Only five teams from one country can go into the Champions League.

If Chelsea win the CL and finish 7th for example and Arsenal win the Europa League and finish 9th then only the top three qualify from the league positions.

Both European competition winners go into the CL regardless, both in Pot 1 as well.

Edited by Gerard
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

The maxium is 5 champions league teams and 7 teams in europe. So if Chelsea win the champions league but finish 5th then we would have 5 teams in the champions league and 2 in the europa league. I think thats correct?