Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, foxfanazer said:

There's a sick part of me that would like to see Man United lose this lol

What is wrong with me? Other than the obvious 

I know exactly how you feel. While I know a Man Utd win is what's best for us, it is absolutely disgusting. Same as wanting Arsenal to win earlier, although that was made a lot easier by seeing Spurs lose.

As someone else said earlier, you're not cheering Man Utd/Arsenal on, you're cheering Leicester on. I think that's the best way to look at it.

• Like 2

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

I know exactly how you feel. While I know a Man Utd win is what's best for us, it is absolutely disgusting. Same as wanting Arsenal to win earlier, although that was made a lot easier by seeing Spurs lose.

As someone else said earlier, you're not cheering Man Utd/Arsenal on, you're cheering Leicester on. I think that's the best way to look at it.

I won’t cheer anyone on, any result in this match sees one of our potential rivals slip up. So I’m happy to sit here and boo everyone of them.

• Like 1

Whatever happens in this, it has been an incredible set of results for us this weekend. Couldn't really ask for any better. A West Ham defeat/draw would just be the icing on the cake. Still a brilliant weekend even if we don't get this one go our way.

• Like 1

I want Bruno F to take offence at what one of the West Ham substitutes says, dive two footed into the 'crowd', a melee ensures, match is abandoned and both sides incur a points deduction. BF meanwhile is banned for 10 games. 

If I can't have that .... I suppose I'll take a draw! 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I won’t cheer anyone on, any result in this match sees one of our potential rivals slip up. So I’m happy to sit here and boo everyone of them.

It is true - there is a bright side whatever happens in this. It's just that a Man Utd win benefits us much more than a West Ham one does. Even though it feels deeply, deeply wrong, I'll be booing West Ham more than Man Utd.

I know it is petty on my behalf but wtf is sky’s obsession with having fans be co commentators? I can’t remember the last meaningful Man U game that Neville didn’t commentate on. It’s an embarrassment. Hopefully sky’s monopoly squanders over coming years. I have been really impressed with Amazon’s coverage when they have got games and although still annoying BT are much better then sky as they aren’t as biased.

• Like 1

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

It is true - there is a bright side whatever happens in this. It's just that a Man Utd win benefits us much more than a West Ham one does. Even though it feels deeply, deeply wrong, I'll be booing West Ham more than Man Utd.

I think a draw is the best result.

Its 1 point removed from the table but I’ll be happy whatever the result.

• Like 1

Just now, Strokes said:

I think a draw is the best result.

Its 1 point removed from the table but I’ll be happy whatever the result.

Best result for us as a club is Man U win however I hate them so not too fussed what happens.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2021 at 19:26, Fightforever said:

Our rivals have dropped points.

We are up against the team that are bottom of the table.

I'm going to go put £20 on Sheffield united winning.

That was the first time a made a comment along those lines.

Not only did we win but the other team did not even have a shot on target.

I essentially had paid £20 for Leicester to win.

I don't see anyone saying thank you to me.

Mannerless cvnts.

Edited by Fightforever

Can't bring myself to say a Man Utd win, so a draw will be the best result here. West Ham have a tough run of games coming up so will hopefully drop enough points to be out of the top 4 race by end of April. 

8 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

That was the first time a made a comment along those lines.

Not only did we win but the other team did not even have a shot on target.

I essentially payed £20 for Leicester to win.

I don't see anyone saying thank you to me.

Mannerless cvnts.

You realise if you don't do this next game and we lose, it'll be your fault.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I want Bruno F to take offence at what one of the West Ham substitutes says, dive two footed into the 'crowd', a melee ensures, match is abandoned and both sides incur a points deduction. BF meanwhile is banned for 10 games. 

If I can't have that .... I suppose I'll take a draw! 

This is more realistic than my wish for Man City's collective urine test to glow in the dark, so they get deducted loads of points and we win the league by default.

We live in hope.  :scarf:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hoopla10 said:

Oh god don't say that. Last thing I need is to root for Bruno to score a pen.

A bridge too far methinks