Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nobody's suggesting Bielsa is perfect but the fact that he's guided a team of Championship journeymen to comfortable mid table security in the Premiership, not just without parking the bus but by actually being the only team in the league even vaguely entertaining enough to consider watching other than the team you support is something that deserves considerable respect. 

I think he's done a good job, I just find people go laughably over the top. The fact he was on the shortlist for FIFA coach of the year was completely laughable and made a mockery of the whole award.

He has spent a bit though. I'm not doubting the job that he's done but when you add in Raphinha and Rodrigo that's a side I'd expect to stay up. I don't think he's done any better this season than Wilder did last year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think he's done a good job, I just find people go laughably over the top

Of course they do but unfortunately this, in the typical style of the Internet, creates a reactionary bunch of weirdos that like to complain about literally any praise of him non stop because they have to be contrary. 

He's infinitely better than pretty much every other manager in the bottom half. 

I don't think football media, both professional and social, is vastly more forthcoming in its praise of Bielsa than they are / were for Eddie Howe and Graham Potter to be honest, it just fits the narrative that apparently British managers don't get respect to moan about Bielsa praise more. 

Bielsa is worth fifty of Potter, whose team have spent all season passing sideways without threatening anyone. 

Well neither of those teams look convincing. If Leeds are the team that everybody is supposed to love to watch ManU has to be one of the worse. Other than their ManC game I don't think I've enjoyed anything about how they play this season. They obviously get results so their fans probably don't care but what a drab team. 

Relegation battle could be really shaken up next weekend. Fulham play Leeds on Friday and you certainly wouldn't rule out them winning that to go above Newcastle. They go to Brighton on Saturday, Bruce will no doubt park the bus and fail and Newcastle could be in the bottom three with Brighton pulling clear.

Newcastle's run-in is fairly brutal too.

• Like 1