Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Cavani not in Man Utd squad - is he injured or is that due to story about him wanting to leave?

Draw edges Man United win for me b/c a) I don't think it's foregone conclusion they finish top 4 / ahead of us, b) them being in top 4 scrap would be good for us, and c) possibility of 4th not getting CL.  But win would be great too, it's close.  

If you're an LCFC fan you can't be rooting for Man Utd to lose.  It's objectively wrong.  Please believe me.  I know you don't like them.  Neither do I.  Doesn't matter.

Edited by Bats8711
  • Like 1

Ball is in our court and if we do the business it does not matter what the others do. The result for us today was massive anything else is a bonus. The teams below us still have to play one another so someone is dropping points

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
30 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Lamela showing how to go from hero to moron inside 90 minutes. lol 
Couldn’t happen to a nice guy

As someone once said, hero to zero

11 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Cavani not in Man Utd squad - is he injured or is that due to story about him wanting to leave?

Draw edges United win for me b/c a) I don't think it's foregone conclusion they finish top 4 / ahead of us, b) them being in top 4 scrap would be good for us, and c) possibility of 4th not getting CL.  But win would be great too, it's close.  

If you're an LCFC fan you can't be rooting for Man Utd to lose.  It's objectively wrong.  Please believe me.  I know you don't like them.  Neither do I.  Doesn't matter.

I think Cavani is injured. I think they might have a few injured forwards, actually.

I agree. West Ham win is by far the worst result for us. There is a bright side to whatever happens in this game, but Leicester fans cheering West Ham on in this is turkeys voting for Christmas. I hate Man Utd. Can't stand them, their diving. cheating, rat-faced midfielder, or smug, rapist-defending manager, but I don't want them losing this. How it affects us is far more important.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

West Ham are not that great imo they are overrated like Everton, nothing to be afraid of from our perspective.

But results don't happen in a vacuum.  If you want West Ham to win based on not thinking they are good, that win - against a 2nd/3rd place Man United, on the road, which would put them joint 4th with game in hand - surely indicates that they are decent?  Gives them confidence and belief?  And puts them 5 points behind us with a game in hand?  And we still play them, meaning actually that West Ham would control their own destiny, not us?  If they haven't dropped off after 3/4 of the season it's wishful thinking to assume they'll do it in the last 10 games.  It may happen of course, and I hope it does!

Edited by Bats8711
fixed
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

But results don't happen in a vacuum.  If you want West Ham to win based on not thinking they are good, that win - against a 2nd/3rd place Man United, on the road, which would put them joint 4th with game in hand - surely indicates that they are decent?  Gives them confidence and belief?  And puts them 5 points behind us with a game in hand?  And we still play them, meaning actually that West Ham would control their own destiny, not us?  If they haven't dropped off after 3/4 of the season it's wishful thinking to assume they'll do it in the last 10 games.  It may happen of course, and I hope it does!

For me I want us to secure 2nd spot as soon as possible, a draw is probably the best result for us 

2 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

I’m not sure them needing to beat us to go above us is them controlling their own destiny any more than we’d be controlling ours.

in fact I am sure, it’s not. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blarmy said:

I’m not sure them needing to beat us to go above us is them controlling their own destiny any more than we’d be controlling ours.

in fact I am sure, it’s not. 

You're right and I almost edited.  Essentially both teams would control their own destiny.  But even that wouldn't be the case if WH drop points today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peterorange said:

Yeah 0-0, dont want either team getting a morale boosting win. Plus I have Shaw and Cresswell in my ff team lol.

Yeah, a draw where both teams deserve to lose would be perfect.

• Like 1