Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

West Ham play Arsenal, Wolves,Foxes,Chelsea,in thenext month, if they are top 4 after that, then fair play.....

Yes all the Top 7 Teams have defining games & runs of difficult games ( thats what One expects from a Top league)

Those that  holds their nerves, earn the right to be called One of the Top Teams in the PL..They would of earnt it..!!

Those that blink & make mistakes in this 9 game Run in, will Fall off the pace....Nobody can afford to lose 3 Major games..

Its still a competitive Top 4 chase, with all Top 8 in with a chance....!!!  Spite covid-Bubbles & injuries its been a Quality season..

Nothing will be answered in April, May is going to be the massive month...

Plus which under Top 10 team, might spoil Teams dreams   aspiring for those top 2-6 berths...

Personally I believe the Top 4 places, will come from Teams already sitting in the Top 5...Everton have Not quite got the quality to go on

a high-octane long Run of wins....Liverpool could & have the quality to Burst through again into the Top 4...

W.Ham, despite Todays Bad day at the office, have enough Quality to carry on competing for those Top 4 places...

Chelsea have Simply a Top Quality squad, they are the One Team that could well win all their games....

Man.City is our Next League game, followed by W.ham..away.  

If we get Maddison back, & see Perez & Praet on the bench, prepared to Spring into action.Then our Front 2 staying fit.

No further injuries,then even understanding returns are Never turning over at even 90% of their capabilities...

We have a Great chance of winning all of the up & Coming "big" games... The fact we have become competitive at this high-level

is for me the important achievement of our ambitions & aspirations for these First 2 seasons of B.Rodgers tenure..

We have to recognise ist our fringe/Cover players have Made this Drive towards Top 4 possible.....!!

• Like 1

I 100% agree about where we're at as a club and fringe/Cover players stepping up massively when called upon. 

I don't see Chelsea winning all their games but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't lose any of them. Tuchel has made them very hard to beat. West Ham look a better team with Lingard in it (unable to play today) and so they'll definitely be competition for top 4 imo. Having some of the teams still competing in Europe will benefit teams like WH and Everton. Getting a weeks training in while they roll through that game every three days cycle will hurt them. 

Not mentioned much but getting 5 goals today was also a bonus as our end of season league placement might come down to goal difference. That includes for second place where ManU were gifted those 9 goals to boost their GD. 

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes all the Top 7 Teams have defining games & runs of difficult games ( thats what One expects from a Top league)

Those that  holds their nerves, earn the right to be called One of the Top Teams in the PL..They would of earnt it..!!

Those that blink & make mistakes in this 9 game Run in, will Fall off the pace....Nobody can afford to lose 3 Major games..

Its still a competitive Top 4 chase, with all Top 8 in with a chance....!!!  Spite covid-Bubbles & injuries its been a Quality season..

Nothing will be answered in April, May is going to be the massive month...

Plus which under Top 10 team, might spoil Teams dreams   aspiring for those top 2-6 berths...

Personally I believe the Top 4 places, will come from Teams already sitting in the Top 5...Everton have Not quite got the quality to go on

a high-octane long Run of wins....Liverpool could & have the quality to Burst through again into the Top 4...

W.Ham, despite Todays Bad day at the office, have enough Quality to carry on competing for those Top 4 places...

Chelsea have Simply a Top Quality squad, they are the One Team that could well win all their games....

Man.City is our Next League game, followed by W.ham..away.  

If we get Maddison back, & see Perez & Praet on the bench, prepared to Spring into action.Then our Front 2 staying fit.

No further injuries,then even understanding returns are Never turning over at even 90% of their capabilities...

We have a Great chance of winning all of the up & Coming "big" games... The fact we have become competitive at this high-level

is for me the important achievement of our ambitions & aspirations for these First 2 seasons of B.Rodgers tenure..

We have to recognise ist our fringe/Cover players have Made this Drive towards Top 4 possible.....!!

Poetry...

Man United result was a good result. It would take a Leicester like collapse for them to not be in the Champions League. West Ham were just the irritating team that wouldn’t go away. Beat them in a few weeks time and we won’t have to worry about them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bit of a shit challenge this, not needed and could cause serious harm

Gabriel's slight lean back after playing the ball probably saves that from looking like Ben Thatcher v Pedro Mendes (albeit not as brutal)

A lot more would have been made of that if it was someone like Xhaka who made it.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Jesus. 

If you did that on the street, you're probably going to have to wear a tag and do 80 hours of community work.

It's grim viewing. 

13 minutes ago, martyn said:

Gabriel's slight lean back after playing the ball probably saves that from looking like Ben Thatcher v Pedro Mendes (albeit not as brutal)

A lot more would have been made of that if it was someone like Xhaka who made it.

It's a dangerous tackle, in same season that he's been highlighted for the moving below a jumping player. He really needs to watch himself as these things can cause huge injuries. Officials need the be watching for them now

• Thanks 1

I've just seen the Lamella 'Rabona'.

Wow.

Just look at the reaction on his team-mates faces as they celebrate. 

That is outrageous. 

You've got elite Premier League footballers in disbelief that he's done that.

Spurs are still cvnts though lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I've just seen the Lamella 'Rabona'.

Wow.

Just look at the reaction on his team-mates faces as they celebrate. 

That is outrageous. 

You've got elite Premier League footballers in disbelief that he's done that.

Spurs are still cvnts though lol

He got sent off, which is the universe balancing things out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Aus Fox said:

So, is anyone else starting to think, if we beat Man City and win our game in hand, we’re only 9 points behind them with 8 to play...

No just me.

winnit

:brendan:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Bit of a shit challenge this, not needed and could cause serious harm

That's a red card in rugby these days. I'm not actually joking by the way, I think that'd be a red, even ignoring the fact he doesn't wrap his arms around because obviously footballers don't do that. 

He'd get mitigation because first contact is with the shoulder but with any contact to the head the ref starts with the highest possible punishment and any mitigating circumstances just bring it down. 

In this instance, Kane is quite clearly travelling in to the tackle with force looking to hit the player as hard as he can and leads with the shoulder. Minimum he'd get is a sin binning but I reckon he'd walk. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2