Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

That's a red card in rugby these days. I'm not actually joking by the way, I think that'd be a red, even ignoring the fact he doesn't wrap his arms around because obviously footballers don't do that. 

He'd get mitigation because first contact is with the shoulder but with any contact to the head the ref starts with the highest possible punishment and any mitigating circumstances just bring it down. 

In this instance, Kane is quite clearly travelling in to the tackle with force looking to hit the player as hard as he can and leads with the shoulder. Minimum he'd get is a sin binning but I reckon he'd walk. 

Yeah but only wimps play rugby 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Yeah but only wimps play rugby 

I know you're joking / fishing / that's banter but in all seriousness that's pretty much exactly the sort of thinking both sports need to continue to try to change if they want to find a sustainable place where fun, exciting sports can coexist with quality player welfare as we learn more and more about the effects of head injuries on dementia etc. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know you're joking / fishing / that's banter but in all seriousness that's pretty much exactly the sort of thinking both sports need to continue to try to change if they want to find a sustainable place where fun, exciting sports can coexist with quality player welfare as we learn more and more about the effects of head injuries on dementia etc. 

I agree mate in all seriousness. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The goal kind of totally sums Spurs up. Absolutely brilliant away at your local rivals. Lose to the worst Arsenal side in a generation that sees said player sent off.

That stat about them taking the lead in North London Derbies and not winning in ten games is bonkers. It’s the reverse how you normally see that stat used 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That stat about them taking the lead in North London Derbies and not winning in ten games is bonkers. It’s the reverse how you normally see that stat used 

That's the stat I saw pop up. 3 draws and 7 losses when taking the lead. Fantastic stuff!

Yeah I hate the whole "Kane/ Son" isn't that type of player.

He is. Son has been red carded several times for petulant challenges. Kane gets away with elbowing people in the head. 

Absolute joke that he gets away with it just because he plays for England. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

That's a red card in rugby these days. I'm not actually joking by the way, I think that'd be a red, even ignoring the fact he doesn't wrap his arms around because obviously footballers don't do that. 

He'd get mitigation because first contact is with the shoulder but with any contact to the head the ref starts with the highest possible punishment and any mitigating circumstances just bring it down. 

In this instance, Kane is quite clearly travelling in to the tackle with force looking to hit the player as hard as he can and leads with the shoulder. Minimum he'd get is a sin binning but I reckon he'd walk. 

Honestly I find it incredible that there are instances that rugby, a full contact sport, can have fouls worthy of a red for endangering a player that aren't even looked at it in football. 

You just have to watch the movement of Gabriel's head/neck to see the risk of the impact, especially when the shoulder is straight into the head. 

Football continually falls behind in so many aspects of player safety, Yet we manage to tinker with the handball rule every month. 

Edited by UniFox21

28 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

He is. Son has been red carded several times for petulant challenges. Kane gets away with elbowing people in the head. 

Don't forget Kane's move where he deliberately backs into someone jumping for a header causing them to lose control of their body in mid air.

It's about time he got punished for these things.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Kane’s a cnut. In injury time, he did the most ridiculous dive where he belly flopped on the ball. He took contact but there’s no way you fall in that manner 

He does this all the time. A lot of players do this but it’s Kane’s trademark move.

Also backing into defenders who have jumped to win the ball to dangerously knock them off balance.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, martyn said:

Don't forget Kane's move where he deliberately backs into someone jumping for a header causing them to lose control of their body in mid air.

Haha well said

49 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

As we know, precedent was set for that by Shearer lol

Edited by ARTY_FOX

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Kane is the golden boy of English football and worshipped by everyone in England and the media.

I believe Kane could do a dump on the Emirates stadium pitch and he’d still be regarded as the darling of English football.

I think the Spurs fans would love that.

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Kane is the golden boy of English football and worshipped by everyone in England and the media.

I believe Kane could do a dump on the Emirates stadium pitch and he’d still be regarded as the darling of English football.

Gary Lineker took a big dump at the World Cup Italia 90 on the pitch and he was still the darling of English football.

55 minutes ago, martyn said:

B Fernandez did this yesterday and then feigned a neck/head injury falling to floor, fortunately the ref either ignored it or didn't see it.

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I've just seen the Lamella 'Rabona'.

Wow.

Just look at the reaction on his team-mates faces as they celebrate. 

That is outrageous. 

You've got elite Premier League footballers in disbelief that he's done that.

Spurs are still cvnts though lol

I just don't get the hype.  I see it as a fluke that managed to squeeze through a defender's legs, and terrible defending not to get an effective block in.  People say he has history for intending that shot, but they only quote one other instance in 5 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I just don't get the hype.  I see it as a fluke that managed to squeeze through a defender's legs, and terrible defending not to get an effective block in.  People say he has history for intending that shot, but they only quote one other instance in 5 years.

It doesn’t matter, he ended up getting sent off and Spurs lost... so all for nothing lol 

• Haha 1