Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Arkie Bennett said:

How many times Fernandes is fatally injured in a match... 

He's had more miraculous recoveries than Lazarus

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nothing screams "I was playing for nil nil" more than conceding one goal and immediately having to sub on two attackers. 

Absolutely fvcking disgracefully tinpot. 

The sooner dullards like Moyes and Hodgson are out of the game the better. 

And people act surprised that the press rim Bielsa. :dunno:

West Ham are very basic and very tinpot in their approach to games. I'm not sure how Moyes got these to 5th

1 minute ago, Koke said:

West Ham are very basic and very tinpot in their approach to games. I'm not sure how Moyes got these to 5th

Ironically the same way United are up there. 

He's got some really decent attacking players capable of individual excellence, he just makes sure they're well organised and hard to beat, plays negatively and trusts they can do it on the counter. 

I get the criticism of West Ham being negative but we've had a similar set up a number of times.

I felt West Ham losing would be better but still can't help myself hoping for a late goal for them. Always funny to see Man Utd throw points away.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Because they’re pretty solid and play to their strengths - they’re not very progressive but if they tried that they’d be in a similar position in the table to Wolves and Southampton.

If you have players like Soucek and Antonio trying to play possession based football your setting yourself up to fail. It’s nice to have a bit of variety in style - having 6 or 7 Fulhams or Brightons would make for a shit league.

Edited by Stadt

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I know exactly how you feel. While I know a Man Utd win is what's best for us, it is absolutely disgusting. Same as wanting Arsenal to win earlier, although that was made a lot easier by seeing Spurs lose.

As someone else said earlier, you're not cheering Man Utd/Arsenal on, you're cheering Leicester on. I think that's the best way to look at it.

I gave up the ghost on being against Man Utd when they won away at Man city last week.

Now I will cheer them on until further notice when they play a top eight team barring us of coarse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

A bit of a nasty streak in Rashford, not quite the angelic face of the Feed the World campaign

My life would be infinitely better if Rashford was PM and Boris Johnson played up front for Man Utd.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

I've watched 5 minutes and cant stand Maguire moaning, ole's smug face and just looking at Bruno so I'm turning it off and relying on you guys for the score 🤷‍♀️😂😂

Bang out of order Tbh. We win as a team, we lose as a team, and we support other willy pullers to suit our agenda as a team ffs.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Leeds' performance at Old Trafford was pathetic. Nothing admirable about it at all. I get it but to praise that performance is patronising, I'd cringe if they praised Exeter for playing like that at Old Trrafford let alone a supposedly big club in Leeds.

Nobody's suggesting Bielsa is perfect but the fact that he's guided a team of Championship journeymen to comfortable mid table security in the Premiership, not just without parking the bus but by actually being the only team in the league even vaguely entertaining enough to consider watching other than the team you support is something that deserves considerable respect. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

West Ham aren't going to suddenly drop away. They're decent and are where they are on merit. We will have to play very well to get anything when we play them next.

We'll get at least a draw at the London stadium. 

4 minutes ago, reynard said:

West Ham aren't going to suddenly drop away. They're decent and are where they are on merit. We will have to play very well to get anything when we play them next.

Agreed, which is why I don't get why people who wanted them to beat ManUtd.

This is a very, very good result for us, in a weekend of good results.

Remember we still have Spurs, ManUtd, Chelsea and West Ham all to play - this weekend gives us a little breathing space to lose a couple of those.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Bang out of order Tbh. We win as a team, we lose as a team, and we support other willy pullers to suit our agenda as a team ffs.

What? It was a joke hence the emojis?! Lighten up!