Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Decent result for us if it stays like this, but a while to play yet. And always a contentious Man U decision getting more likely the game goes on.

I haven’t seen Brighton play week in week out or on MOTD highlights.

But when I have watched their matches they seem to play some decent stuff, and are a 15/20 goal a season player missing to be a comfortable mid table side, as they create some chances.

I think Utd will come out stronger after HT. Just hope Brighton can take any chances that come to them because I don't want them to rue them by the end of the game!

Edited by StanSP

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Villa pissing about at the back, honestly, when are teams gonna learn?

When is this dire, crappy backwards, sideways, playing out from the back, pOsSeSiOn BaSeD fOoTbAlL going to **** off? I honestly don’t understand why people think it’s so good, all it leads to is mistakes even within the top teams, with the top players. I don’t get it.

No it doesn’t mean I wanna see route one, smash it up but the insistence to pass sideways or backwards certainly isn’t the way forward, literally.

Easy to pick out the individual mistakes at the back in a style of play rather than the ball breaking down in the same system in midfield or attack. Now I know if it happens in the latter then it's further away from your goal and therefore less likely to then put your team in danger but its the nature of the beast.

Risk and reward, retention of the ball means the opposition is less likely to have it. Hoofing it up pitch doesn't mean you've the same chance of retaining possession, hence why football has evolved.

Now you could say, it's about knowing when to play the ball or clear it, but you have to have a footballing principle and style integrated in to then reap the benefits of it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Brighton always play very good football. Their strikers have really let them down this season, their build up play should have them comfortably in mid table.

Exactly. If they could finish they'd be a Europe prospect. Just see the stats for their matches against Palace this season, and yet Palace won both games.