Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Jeez boss sort it out! Three games against beatable teams that we're in direct competition with and which enables us to take our destiny in our own hands. Roll on. I think we'll be safe by then but if not they're perfect games. If we don't beat them when we need to then we don't deserve to be top 4. 

We'll have to hope we cope better with the pressure than we did last season 👍

I apply to the last league games and the semi final we have coming up. Both of which we flopped at last season.

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Quite a few Also have many Empty seasons to their names....

I mean..gute we have seen 140 seasons and we aint Won the FA.cup

Which according to some plastics, is less worth than Finishing between Top 2-4....innit..!!

Yep.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

It's all very close now. Very reminiscent of last season.

Really hope we can hold our nerve and the get the wins needed but can't help but feel those last 3 games will be bad news for us. 

I think we're definitely better than last season. Let's hope we get a huge win tomorrow!

The difference is it got close last season because our form had massively nosedived. With all the injuries and juggling of games we have maintained consistency throughout. Last season we were champions elect for half a season and then dog muck. Different landscapes but pressure nonetheless.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The difference is it got close last season because our form had massively nosedived. With all the injuries and juggling of games we have maintained consistency throughout. Last season we were champions elect for half a season and then dog muck. Different landscapes but pressure nonetheless.

Last year we pulled away before Christmas due to that eight game winning run where we looked unstoppable. This year has been less spectacular but more consistent. We haven't gone more than two league games in a row without a win which is ridiculous. Won three in a row twice. We've had no amazing runs but no shockers either.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Good grief some of you are absolute fannies. 

Leeds will be a horrible proposition for Liverpool next week and Chelsea have some very tough games to come too.

Start worrying when half our side is out tomorrow and/or we hit a slump.

So you’re saying half our side is out tomorrow? :frantics:

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa I know nothing mate, just going off some rumours I keep seeing.

Genuine question Ric, to somebody I know who understands his onions. 

If somebody offered you 3 Draws in final 3 games would you take that as of now? 

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Absolutely. We'll win 4 of the next 5 so 3 draws and it's done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Just now, Ric Flair said:

2 of those 3 draws would also prevent top 4 rivals from directly gaining on us.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

2 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

2 of those 3 draws would also prevent top 4 rivals from directly gaining on us.

This is what I needed to read

I'm not one for panicking but after today and losing a shit load on the National I'm not in the greatest of places right now lol

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Remember we took 7 points from those 3 matches in the reverse fixtures, and beat MU in the FA cup. A lot of water under the bridge since then but we’ve been in reasonably consistent form as someone else pointed out. I’d be surprised if we didn’t win at least one of them. Assuming of course that we don’t have a further injury crisis.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1