Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but personally I think this is ridiculous. 

Of course it is. We are all expected to be sad about this 99 year old dying. Ludicrous. I'm off to the politics thread to have a rant.

I'm sorry but if this is the Queen we are talking about I have no issues with the entire world grinding to halt to pay respects but Prince Philip seriously?

Can this not be something more low key like a minutes silence? I'll probably get flamed by the die hard royals now. :blink:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but personally I think this is ridiculous. 

The Friday TV viewing figures are quite telling of how the RF are now viewed (Queen excepted). Channel 4 had more viewers than the other four traditional channels combined and ITV went below a million. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I'm sorry but if this is the Queen we are talking about I have no issues with the entire world grinding to halt to pay respects but Prince Philip seriously?

Can this not be something more low key like a minutes silence? I'll probably get flamed by the die hard royals now. :blink:

They're an odd lot..

Both The Queen and Philip were great great grandchildren of Queen Victoria.

One thing I learned in 2016 . Was too stop watching our rivals play .
Last season we lost both our full backs and our creative midfielder in the run in . This after losing our main holding midfielder for a few months prior . 
Was  playing against teams with much stronger squads due too 5 subs being allowed and in four quarter games ! 

WE HAVE BEEN A TOP FOUR TEAM FOUR TWO SEASONS, EXCEPT FOR THE DAY THAT MATTERED LAST SEASON.  

We are a very good team .  I expect a Win today to go back 5 clear . 
Home straight, business end of the season. Massive 7 days for the football club . Enjoy it:scarf:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Where have you seen this? 

wait to you see how bad skys viewing figures have been for the football this year

Maybe fans dont love neville and carraghers ladscringe  banter as much as they think they do

I think by the way if their not careful with those two, they are one moment away from a keys gray incident.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, twister said:

wait to you see how bad skys viewing figures have been for the football this year

Maybe fans dont love neville and carraghers ladscringe  banter as much as they think they do

I think by the way if their not careful with those two, they are one moment away from a keys gray incident.

I don't understand why they have to have the same two people for all this in depth analysis they should give other ex-players more of an input and not just those the played for the Rich 6.

11 minutes ago, twister said:

If this is the case it might be more to do with the lack of atmosphere with no supporters present. Might even emphasise to Sky and the PL that what they are really selling is the fans and atmosphere. 

Edited by WigstonWanderer

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

There's only Wolves v Sheffield United at 3pm in the Premier League, that will probably be shunted to 8pm now.

EFL to be split between 12.30pm and 5.30pm I reckon. Complete overkill but there you go.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

There's only Wolves v Sheffield United at 3pm in the Premier League, that will probably be shunted to 8pm now.

EFL to be split between 12.30pm and 5.30pm I reckon. Complete overkill but there you go.

I don't think it's that much of a big deal. If fans were going, it probably would be an absolute mess. 

Pages of pointless speculation about an alleged party instead of pages of pointless speculation about the starting XI/formation/tactics. 

Can we do this every pre-match thread?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Agreed.

If fans were attending, it wouldn’t be happening.

I think they would still move games tbh  to show a mark of respect.

Football isn't looked on too fondly by those who don't like it so reckon they would have been under pressure to not play at 3pm.

You can just see the reaction if a big game of football had gone ahead getting all the attention whilst the Queen's husband was getting buried.

Matt Hancock would have probably been wheeled out to criticise footballers again. 

Mind you the shops/cafes etc will probably still be open as normal so you could say why not sporting action? (footballers just doing their job like a shop worker) 

Edited by Super_horns

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I think they would still move games tbh  to show a mark of respect.

Football isn't looked on too fondly by those who don't like it so reckon they would have been under pressure to not play at 3pm.

You can just see the reaction if a big game of football had gone ahead getting all the attention whilst the Queen's husband was getting buried.

Matt Hancock would have probably been wheeled out to criticise footballers again. 

Mind you the shops/cafes etc will probably still be open as normal so you could say why not sporting action? (footballers just doing their job like a shop worker) 

Yeah that’s a good shout to be fair. I was thinking, none would’ve been broadcasted live if the fans were in. But yeah, a standstill hour for mourning is probably what the higher echelons probably want. Personally, I’m not totally against it. Although after such a sh!t time we’ve all been through, to dictate how the nation spends their Saturday, after a week of work seems a unfair and I can see both sides. 

Yes - wouldn't surprise me if games just kick off at 4 instead.

Cannot see much of a delay - hardly any room to fit games in as it is!

I remember there was an almighty fuss when it was Diana’s funeral as Scotland  wanted to play an International match on the same day and wouldn’t move it but eventually relented.

Edited by Super_horns