Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

to show a mark of respect.

120+ thousand die and then all this bollocks over one old rich over-privileged geezer. Personally I wouldn't even wear one of those black arm-bands. There must be one player in the PL who has some principles and thinks we should bin off the royals. 

Anyway, Maximam is class but Burnley pretty much walked into both goals. I think Newcastle's poor reputation helped them out because any half decent team I'm certain Burnley plays to type and shuts up shop instead of over-committing players thinking they can get a couple more goals. 

• Like 1

Basically Newcastle are ASM and probably Wilson as he can get goals.

Bit like Palace they are generally pretty average for 90% of the season but do enough to win the odd game.

And  not getting that penalty has spurred them on - funny what such things can do to teams. 

26 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Saint Maximam top class player I hope we sign him 

I think we were linked to him before we got Sarr.

With our record last season though he would have got injured most of the time!

Does seem a bit injury prone - or did he have COVID?

Just now, Super_horns said:

I think we were linked to him before we got Sarr.

With our record last season though he would have got injured most of the time!

Does seem a bit injury prone - or did he have COVID?

He has had a couple of injuries but then he also got COVID and they reckoned he had 'long Covid' and it's taken him ages to get back up to his usual standard.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Basically Newcastle are ASM and probably Wilson as he can get goals.

Bit like Palace they are generally pretty average for 90% of the season but do enough to win the odd game.

And  not getting that penalty has spurred them on - funny what such things can do to teams. 

Yeah today they showed their advantage over Fulham. They can generally stay in a game, but with everyone fit they have that slight bit of extra quality up top to make the difference in enough games.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

I love where we are now but, in a weird way, watching Newcastle's celebrations against Burnley made me miss Spring 2015 when every 3 points felt like a massive achievement rather than just expecting to win and feeling relieved when we do.

Anyone else? 

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Yeah today they showed their advantage over Fulham. They can generally stay in a game, but with everyone fit they have that slight bit of extra quality up top to make the difference in enough games.

Yes - i don't think they are quite as bad with a full team as their fans think although feel it's more of a hatred for Steve Bruce and his tactics more than anything and probably expecting Kevin Keegan type football. 

5 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Saint-Maximin under Brendan's guidance could be a great player for us. Definitely an upgrade on Under

And probably cheaper than somebody like Antonio. 

Good defending by NU tbf. The rest of the team apart from Maximin are pony. It's a weird one for NU fans because I'm sure they're happy with a win but even if they stay up it wont fix any of their problems and can expect to be right back here fighting relegation this time next season. Bruce is never going to transform into a good manager and their owner will still be scum. It must all be bitter sweet and a little depressing. 

• Like 1