Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Has there ever been a more dislikable football team than this Spurs side?

Have you ever watched a match between two more vile teams than these?

The only thing that could rescue my weekend here would be seeing Ratface and "Sonny" run face first into each other, full tilt.

Then keel over onto Kavanagh, destroying his VAR wireless.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Hope he gets a career ending injury, horrible ****.

VAR needs to be binned, long term it's gonna do no good for the game in the current format.

He is a vile little bitch - always diving and feigning injury 

14 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Players are so frail these days, we must mollycoddle our footballers, please #prayforourfootballers. 

Nothing to do with “being frail”. Cheating....pure and simple. Spurs do it every game they play. The commentators weigh in saying “Let’s not blame Son for over-reacting. He got a finger in the eye and that is very painful”. Replay shows that the fingers went nowhere near his eye, yet he was rolling around in agony for ages”. Cheating....pure and simple. Commentators should call it for what it is. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

VAR 'It wasn't part of Mctominays natural movement, hence why it was ruled a foul'

Just. ****. Off.

Peter Walton yesterday was saying it was a yellow for Liam Cooper, then when the ref changed his mind, said yeah it's correct it was a red. MAKE THEM ACCOUNTABLE, I'VE HAD ENOUGH.

You can't turn a sport into a science. This is the proof.

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

What I really don't get about this era above all, everyone knows about cheating, there's an art to it, nobody really likes it, but it was kind of an ar before, deceiving the officials, doing something and getting away with it.

We now have video replays watching it back and for some reason, take no action against the blatant cheating, commentators don't even call it out - if anything, they praise it. Surely there being VAR actually changes this concept completely?

It's like a shopkeeper watching the CCTV of somebody robbing his shop and saying "yeah you know what fair play, good work from him, my back was turned as you can see there, he deserves it".

Well said. You've got to imagine they don't change the rules because they feel it benefits the enjoyability of the game or the drama or something? There has to be a reason because it's glaringly obvious. For me it's putting me off more and more every time.

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

What I really don't get about this era above all, everyone knows about cheating, there's an art to it, nobody really likes it, but it was kind of an ar before, deceiving the officials, doing something and getting away with it.

We now have video replays watching it back and for some reason, take no action against the blatant cheating, commentators don't even call it out - if anything, they praise it. Surely there being VAR actually changes this concept completely?

It's like a shopkeeper watching the CCTV of somebody robbing his shop and saying "yeah you know what fair play, good work from him, my back was turned as you can see there, he deserves it".

Spot on, and I love that analogy. Sharp and funny. Do you mind if I borrow it?

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I really do think I'll be finished with football, especially at the top level within the next 10 years. I think it's probably only Leicester being quite good and going through a brilliant period that is keeping me interested. The antics of a lot of players, especially at the top clubs is unbearable. I'm turning more into my dad with every passing season lol

Yeah I think that’s fair. I think we’ll slowly start to slide as the markings of Nigel and Ranieri slowly fade. I rate Brendan but he’s far too open to massaging soft characters for us to be sustained winners at the top. And with that, my interest in this game is going to dwindle. 

2 minutes ago, Livid said:

Spurs players too busy with hands raised appealing for a non existent offside letting Fred get the follow up. 

With VAR probably worth a go !!

Never know ..

Man U will probably win with a contentious incident to even things up .

Edited by Super_horns

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Spot on, and I love that analogy. Sharp and funny. Do you mind if I borrow it?

I’m not sure which is the most annoying. The cheating itself, the fact that the referees don’t punish it, or the commentators who seem to implicitly suggests that it is OK. Is anyone else fed up watching opposing players standing two yards in front of someone trying to take a free kick? They have absolutely no right to do that but they are NEVER pushed back by the referee....never mind being booked for what used to be called “unsportsmanlike conduct”. Just another example of unpunished cheating.

• Like 1

Ever since that tackle on the Everton player I've seen Son for what he is - a dirty little fucher who gets away with it because he plays well and has a cheeky smile.

"He's not that sort of player" is a phrase that works once but not the fifth, sixth, seventh time