urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We should have bought Watkins....

we would have if we had sold vardy ........

watkins wants to be no 1 forward. - there were better paid benches at bigger clubs than ours if he’d wanted to sit on one ....

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

It's all very close now. Very reminiscent of last season.

Really hope we can hold our nerve and the get the wins needed but can't help but feel those last 3 games will be bad news for us. 

I think we're definitely better than last season. Let's hope we get a huge win tomorrow!

The difference is it got close last season because our form had massively nosedived. With all the injuries and juggling of games we have maintained consistency throughout. Last season we were champions elect for half a season and then dog muck. Different landscapes but pressure nonetheless.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The difference is it got close last season because our form had massively nosedived. With all the injuries and juggling of games we have maintained consistency throughout. Last season we were champions elect for half a season and then dog muck. Different landscapes but pressure nonetheless.

Last year we pulled away before Christmas due to that eight game winning run where we looked unstoppable. This year has been less spectacular but more consistent. We haven't gone more than two league games in a row without a win which is ridiculous. Won three in a row twice. We've had no amazing runs but no shockers either.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Good grief some of you are absolute fannies. 

Leeds will be a horrible proposition for Liverpool next week and Chelsea have some very tough games to come too.

Start worrying when half our side is out tomorrow and/or we hit a slump.

So you’re saying half our side is out tomorrow? :frantics:

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa I know nothing mate, just going off some rumours I keep seeing.

Genuine question Ric, to somebody I know who understands his onions. 

If somebody offered you 3 Draws in final 3 games would you take that as of now? 

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Absolutely. We'll win 4 of the next 5 so 3 draws and it's done.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely. We'll win 4 of the next 5 so 3 draws and it's done.

2 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

2 of those 3 draws would also prevent top 4 rivals from directly gaining on us.

This is what I needed to read

I'm not one for panicking but after today and losing a shit load on the National I'm not in the greatest of places right now lol

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Remember we took 7 points from those 3 matches in the reverse fixtures, and beat MU in the FA cup. A lot of water under the bridge since then but we’ve been in reasonably consistent form as someone else pointed out. I’d be surprised if we didn’t win at least one of them. Assuming of course that we don’t have a further injury crisis.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but personally I think this is ridiculous. 

Quite agree, what happened to that British spirit of carry on. Maybe I sound cold but I just feel this going too far.

9 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Of course it is. We are all expected to be sad about this 99 year old dying. Ludicrous. I'm off to the politics thread to have a rant.

I'm sorry but if this is the Queen we are talking about I have no issues with the entire world grinding to halt to pay respects but Prince Philip seriously?

Can this not be something more low key like a minutes silence? I'll probably get flamed by the die hard royals now. :blink:

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

The Friday TV viewing figures are quite telling of how the RF are now viewed (Queen excepted). Channel 4 had more viewers than the other four traditional channels combined and ITV went below a million. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I'm sorry but if this is the Queen we are talking about I have no issues with the entire world grinding to halt to pay respects but Prince Philip seriously?

Can this not be something more low key like a minutes silence? I'll probably get flamed by the die hard royals now. :blink:

They're an odd lot..

Both The Queen and Philip were great great grandchildren of Queen Victoria.

One thing I learned in 2016 . Was too stop watching our rivals play .
Last season we lost both our full backs and our creative midfielder in the run in . This after losing our main holding midfielder for a few months prior . 
Was  playing against teams with much stronger squads due too 5 subs being allowed and in four quarter games ! 

WE HAVE BEEN A TOP FOUR TEAM FOUR TWO SEASONS, EXCEPT FOR THE DAY THAT MATTERED LAST SEASON.  

We are a very good team .  I expect a Win today to go back 5 clear . 
Home straight, business end of the season. Massive 7 days for the football club . Enjoy it:scarf:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The Friday TV viewing figures are quite telling of how the RF are now viewed (Queen excepted). Channel 4 had more viewers than the other four traditional channels combined and ITV went below a million. 

Where have you seen this? 

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Where have you seen this? 

wait to you see how bad skys viewing figures have been for the football this year

Maybe fans dont love neville and carraghers ladscringe  banter as much as they think they do

I think by the way if their not careful with those two, they are one moment away from a keys gray incident.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, twister said:

wait to you see how bad skys viewing figures have been for the football this year

Maybe fans dont love neville and carraghers ladscringe  banter as much as they think they do

I think by the way if their not careful with those two, they are one moment away from a keys gray incident.

I don't understand why they have to have the same two people for all this in depth analysis they should give other ex-players more of an input and not just those the played for the Rich 6.

11 minutes ago, twister said:

If this is the case it might be more to do with the lack of atmosphere with no supporters present. Might even emphasise to Sky and the PL that what they are really selling is the fans and atmosphere. 

Edited by WigstonWanderer