Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They really aren’t good enough to win the Europa league .......surely their board can’t accept being thirteen points behind us .......

I agree, which is why I say once they get knocked knocked out, not if they get knocked out. But it's a weird look to sack him a week before a semi-final. Levy got the promise of that massive SL check, turned to Jose and said fukybye because what's the worse could happen lol.  I'd be amazed if he's still in charge by the start of next season. It's crazy how little pressure has been put on him compared to other managers (like OGS, Lampard when at Chelsea or Jose). 

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Keep Everton interested for when they play W Ham

Yeah, wanted an Everton win today for that reason, don’t see them finishing top 4 but they’re excellent away from home so wanted them to have something to play for going to West Ham in a few weeks.

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 2

I really dislike Arteta, I don't think he's classy in victory or defeat - but you'd have to be an absurdly good manager to get a tune out of that Arsenal squad.

I know he's had a few niggles here and there but Partey was their big summer signing and he's been incredibly underwhelming for the most part, their defence is barely there, Aubameyang is rarely played in his proper position because he's a mardy arse, Leno struggles with anything 4ft off the ground. They're genuinely relying on Smith-Rowe and Saka for a moment of magic most weeks. Two kids.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:

The real sick joke is his his friend/business partner, all-round scumbag and woman beater Ryan Giggs

That's harsh. I imagine a lot of us have mates who have done things like cheat on their missus and are still our mates. Unless Gary Neville has a crystal ball I don't think when he went into business with him he knew in the future him might assault 2 women. Now Neville might give Giggs the benefit of the doubt until he's faced trial, if Giggs is guilty and Neville doesn't cut business ties with him, then maybe you have grounds to criticise him

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Please someone tell me what Arsenal and Everton offer that is half decent at best? 
Both are awful. 
Can’t stand listening to the nonsense Arteta comes out with. 

Turning  into Wenger blaming the officials first.

That is why teams like Arsenal don’t improve because they get an easy cop out.

I never see Rogers complaining for example and the between you and  them difference shows.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

Everton are one of the most boring teams in the league under Ancelotti. He knows how to get results but christ its so dull. Funny that Everton fans didn't like Allardyce for his negative tactics yet they seem pretty happy with Ancelotti. Out of all the teams in the top 10 of the league, Everton are by far the most dull. Surely when the fans return they won't accept the boring pile of turd they turn out every week. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Langston said:

I really dislike Arteta, I don't think he's classy in victory or defeat - but you'd have to be an absurdly good manager to get a tune out of that Arsenal squad.

I know he's had a few niggles here and there but Partey was their big summer signing and he's been incredibly underwhelming for the most part, their defence is barely there, Aubameyang is rarely played in his proper position because he's a mardy arse, Leno struggles with anything 4ft off the ground. They're genuinely relying on Smith-Rowe and Saka for a moment of magic most weeks. Two kids.

I think you’re being too kind to him there, any of the managers of current top 8 sides would have this Arsenal squad challenging for a top 4 place.

They are playing poorly, but their squad of players should be able to compete with Spurs, Everton and West Ham.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think you’re being too kind to him there, any of the managers of current top 8 sides would have this Arsenal squad challenging for a top 4 place.

They are playing poorly, but their squad of players should be able to compete with Spurs, Everton and West Ham.

I think their squad is fundamentally worse than those three though (and I don't particularly rate them, either). Some big names but absolutely horrid attitudes.

32 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That's harsh. I imagine a lot of us have mates who have done things like cheat on their missus and are still our mates. Unless Gary Neville has a crystal ball I don't think when he went into business with him he knew in the future him might assault 2 women. Now Neville might give Giggs the benefit of the doubt until he's faced trial, if Giggs is guilty and Neville doesn't cut business ties with him, then maybe you have grounds to criticise him

fair enough - let's wait and see. My comment was aimed at Giggs rather than Neville. I stayed at their hotel recently decent place

34 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Everton are one of the most boring teams in the league under Ancelotti. He knows how to get results but christ its so dull. Funny that Everton fans didn't like Allardyce for his negative tactics yet they seem pretty happy with Ancelotti. Out of all the teams in the top 10 of the league, Everton are by far the most dull. Surely when the fans return they won't accept the boring pile of turd they turn out every week. 

They hounded out Allardyce but tolerate garbage anti-football from Ancelotti. Leeds and Brighton have inferior players to Everton but they play so much better football. Everton are the only team in the top half who happily parked the bus at home against us and played for a draw from kick off. Horrible team who belongs in the bottom half of the table.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koke said:

They hounded out Allardyce but tolerate garbage anti-football from Ancelotti. Leeds and Brighton have inferior players to Everton but they play so much better football. Everton are the only team in the top half who happily parked the bus at home against us and played for a draw from kick off. Horrible team who belongs in the bottom half of the table.

Ancelotti delivers a lot better results than Big Sam.  It's just hard practicality dictating what fans will tolerate.

5 hours ago, Ecdysiast said:

fair enough - let's wait and see. My comment was aimed at Giggs rather than Neville. I stayed at their hotel recently decent place

Tbf I read your post as its a joke he's friends with Giggs lol

Edited by Facecloth

10 minutes ago, hejammy said:

So what does everyone want. Chelsea win, West ham win or draw? I'd go with draw personally. 

Draw. Liverpool likely to win and it'd put them all level on 56. Keep them all at bay. Bonus if Newcastle pick up a point or 3.

Aside from that, it's a good opportunity to get ahead of Spurs a bit more with them not playing in the league.