Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

Wolves have signed Semedo for £37m.

Covid seems to be affecting the spending of some clubs more than others 

Great transfer work by Wolves. 

Flog Doherty for £15m and bring in a very average player for £37m. He’s was absolutely appalling in that Bayern game and Spanish journalists can’t believe it. Reads like old Jorge doing his business again for another favour somewhere else 

Although I think playing RWB will greatly help Semedo 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Semedo is awful and anyone who watches Spanish football will tell you that. Downgrade on Doherty in my opinion and a very expensive downgrade. Definitely one of the downsides of their transfer model.

for me, does not even figure in top 3 portugease right backs in the PL 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Diego Llorente doesn’t get into our side. It’s all good and well looking at clubs and thinking he’d be a great signing but realistically, we can’t go in for some players because our starting 11 is very settled in most parts. Llorente doesn’t sign for us to sit on the bench. Buying good quality squad players given we are competing with some of the biggest clubs in Europe for quality footballers is hard enough. 

Sociedad fan on twitter said he’s been incredibly poor for a year and injuries have done him . 

Says a lot that he was Leeds third transfer target for a CB 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Unreal signing for Wolves. 

How they've got him that cheap from Barca is crazy. Will be one of the signings of the season and no wonder they were quick to get rid of Doherty. 

Meh. 

He's not torn up trees at Barcelona, they need the cash, he's part of one of their worst squads in years. He's not a Barcelona type player at all, Ricardo is much more their kinda skill set. 

I think he'll do well at Wolves, don't get me wrong, he's a better fit there than at Barca. But it's not like they've just signed Fati or De Jong or something. 

• Like 1

Wolves only signing him on a 3 year deal for that price is bizarre. Personally don't think he is actually thst good, very much like Cancelo. They may have been or are at big clubs but they haven't impressed. Ricardo is twice the player of both of them. I'd be surprised if Semedo scores and assists as many as Doherty who was very underrated in that Wolves set up. Wolves need Telles too, do not rate that old Brazilian they signed recently.

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Wolves fans are an odd bunch. Very touchy and defensive. State of the replies to this ffs.

I was about to come and post this. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

Time will tell, but I assume if he has a good debut then they'll be hounding Lang to apologise for his dreadful error in having the temerity to question the transfer.

Think Everton fans were doing similar to Max Rushden. They took his flippant comment on Football Weekly about James Rodriguez out of context and went for him. How do these people find the time to do all this Twitter vitriol?

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Premier league is turning into an arms race at the moment it's crazy.

This sentence is, for me anyway, one of the most perceptive analogies of how our football is going. It's all about the money at the top and the collateral damage will be quietly ignored. 

• Like 1

Do feel satisfied in seeing a club like Wolves being ambitious and trying to break club records, which their fans would never thought about happening around 5 or so years ago, but can't but help thinking they're doing it in an unethical way via massive agent-involvement that swings the club's interest towards them for the formers' benefit.

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Mendes has that club by the bollocks. Bet he's made a good 10m out of those two transfers.

And Wolves own, what, a quarter of Gestifute?  So they've made two and a half mill out of trading their own players?